Headlights to recommend

Hermes_1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros/ sis,

my right head bulb just blew. Appreciate any recommendation on what brand is good and where to install?

Thanks & regards.

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros/ sis,

my right head bulb just blew. Appreciate any recommendation on what brand is good and where to install?

Thanks & regards.

Main headlamp you can consider changing yourself. Unless your car is some french car that got to change the bulb via the wheelarch [furious], otherwise, removing the headlamp assembly and changing the bulb should be a straightforward affair.

philips are nice... but just a word on headlights...

please don't install some super bright white/blue/yellow bulbs. be considerate to other road users. thanks.

Hi bros/ sis,

Thanks & regards.

HID is the way to go ~!!

Most people never even check whether their HIDs are properly aligned after installing. I have no sorry for those that are fined.

I think stock are just nice.factory fitted HID are a advantage. Self install HID is no go. I did once and immediately dismantle it.Looks cool but if don't want to blind people,have to aim to like 10m ahead. Which is of no point. Else the bloody signboard on the road will be light up by HID. Want to use HID,then change to projector lens with nice cut off.certain cars with projector lens are not suitable with HID.

I think stock are just nice.factory fitted HID are a advantage. Self install HID is no go. I did once and immediately dismantle it.Looks cool but if don't want to blind people,have to aim to like 10m ahead. Which is of no point. Else the bloody signboard on the road will be light up by HID. Want to use HID,then change to projector lens with nice cut off.certain cars with projector lens are not suitable with HID.

well some people just dont get it. headlamps in sg context are mainly for people to note your car's presence rather than to light up the road like a fairway. just like switching on the headlamps in MSCP is to alert oncoming cars in blind corners that someone is incoming.

i believe some people intentionally leave their third party headlamps (not just HIDs) misaligned because they are selfish. Projecting the beam further will help them see further, never mind the fact that the beam is directed onto people's rearview mirror.

Neutral Newbie

yeah just change to philips extreme vision from extreme power . Really great brightness n throw ! Worth to buy .

May I know if xtreme power is yellow light like stock?

Main headlamp you can consider changing yourself. Unless your car is some french car that got to change the bulb via the wheelarch [furious], otherwise, removing the headlamp assembly and changing the bulb should be a straightforward affair.

I just managed to change my H7 on my Megane after groping in darkness for 15 minutes. First time changing. Hand bruised. Not DIY for those with big hands.

I just managed to change my H7 on my Megane after groping in darkness for 15 minutes. First time changing. Hand bruised. Not DIY for those with big hands.

via wheelarch? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement