When to give way to Ambulance?

Bluepica

sometime the ambulance doesn't seem to be in urgency... they drive slowly on the slow lane but yet, both light on the top and the front are beaming...can I overtake or give way?

↡ Advertisement

sometime the ambulance doesn't seem to be in urgency... they drive slowly on the slow lane but yet, both light on the top and the front are beaming...can I overtake or give way?

Please dont be an idiot.

just give way when their lights are switched on.

I know what you mean. Once on the left lane of a 2 lane road, got ambulance behind me flashing. So I gave way by filtering to the right lane, but it didn't increase speed to overtake. To make it worst, I have to make a left turn ahead... In the end sped up to widen the gap and filter left way in front.

Please dont be an idiot.

but but but... I was behind the ambulance lar... and it's going like 40km/h on a normal road in the middle lane... so I dunno to overtake or not

usually i just give way................. :D :D :D

but if really that slow..............and you can overtake and move forward away from it...........i don't see why not lor..........provided you don't block it's way after that.............. :D

but but but... I was behind the ambulance lar... and it's going like 40km/h on a normal road in the middle lane... so I dunno to overtake or not

Why you behind the ambulance, I tod theres a sign says "KEEP CLEAR", sekali ambulance jam brake, the patient will be sitting in your car. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

The road has only one lane meh?

Use your blain lah. :D

The road has only one lane meh?

Use your blain lah. :D

no la, skali I overtake, then the ambulance buoy song said I blocked his way lei?

Please dont be an idiot.

Its a no brainer lah. Why in the first place we have to doubt and risk people's life. See ambulance, just give way. Is this very difficult? Grow up.

Turbocharged

talking about ambulance and common sense. sometime back, i witness a stupid act of a cement mixer driver. along AYE towards city and traffic was pretty heavy. then came along a ambulance with full siren n blinkers on, very clearly going to NUH as it was switch to left lane to exit . This cement mixer was on lane 3 and lane 4 was empty. seeing the ambulance rushing down lane 4, this cement mixer for no reason switch to lane 4 to block the ambulance [hur]

the ambulance non stop blast the horn and the mixer dun care still come into the lane. [thumbsdown]

if siren on then give way , not a stupid qns , tis just a forum no worry

actually for me, once i hear the siren or any flashing lights i will just filter to the side. Not my job to verify if it is really an emergency case or not right?, if the drivers wayang wayang, on the siren and lights for nothing and if they get caught its their problem. I just do my part to clear the way regardless cos i dont want anything on my conscience, if really there is an emergency and that someone in that ambulance could not be saved because somebody hogged the lane.

There was once I am traveling on the right lane with an ambulance behind me with light flashing, but it is not traveling fast that why I did not give way since I am turning right at the second traffic light. Then the oncoming traffic light turn red and I just stop since my left lane was empty. But this f--king bugger sound his siren suddenly, So I just filter acutely to the left lane for it to pass.

Question is, why didn't the ambulance filter left and move off since it is not turning right at the next junction. I thought they somehow abuse their power.

There was once I am traveling on the right lane with an ambulance behind me with light flashing, but it is not traveling fast that why I did not give way since I am turning right at the second traffic light. Then the oncoming traffic light turn red and I just stop since my left lane was empty. But this f--king bugger sound his siren suddenly, So I just filter acutely to the left lane for it to pass.

Question is, why didn't the ambulance filter left and move off since it is not turning right at the next junction. I thought they somehow abuse their power.

haha...for me, to save trouble , i just filter to the next lane and just let them be on their way lah....( just need 30 sec to filter out and then in again wat ..provided that the car beside you doesnt play punk la) if they want to abuse their power let them be loh cos at that instance there is no way for me to verify what is happening inside the ambulance, there could genuine be an emergency case, maybe the driver new etc etc etc .... i definitely do not want to cause any accident because no one wanted to give way or just at the last minute filter out or e brake at some junction or crossing etc etc etc ...really not worth the trouble la.....just move out of the way loh wats so difficult right?

↡ Advertisement