Another rape case

Tom_kkh

Indonesia to introduce castration Law for sex crimes!

Whilst I feel it's inhumane, I also can see where they coming from.

JAKARTA: Indonesia's new law authorising chemical castration "will wipe out" sex crimes including paedophilia, President Joko Widodo said in an interview with the BBC on Tuesday (Oct 19). 

The laws were passed earlier this month after a proposal from the government, approving harsher penalties for perpetrators of sexual violence against children.

"Our constitution respects human rights, but when it comes to sexual crimes there is no compromise," President Widodo said in the BBC interview.

"We are strong and we will be very firm. We will hand out the maximum penalty for sexual crimes.

He added: "In my opinion … chemical castration, if we enforce it consistently, will reduce sex crimes and wipe them out over time."

Penalties under the new law include death as a maximum sentence and chemical castration, with a possible addition of a two-year maximum jail sentence.

President Jokowi signed the proposed regulation in May, after activists and the public called for reform in the wake of the brutal gang rape and murder of a 14-year-old-school girl in Bengkulu, on the western island of Sumatra, in April.

During the wide-ranging interview, the President also spoke on the South China Sea, corruption, the tax amnesty and the government's stance on homosexuality.

On the South China Sea, he told the BBC that the military is clamping down on illegal fishing.

"These are our natural resources, this is Indonesian wealth. So from now on illegal fishing vessels cannot play around with us," he said.

"The second thing is Natuna is our territory. Natuna is in Indonesia. So if we want to conduct military operations, war games, then it's our right. In terms of sovereignty I will never compromise."

The President was also asked about corruption, to which he replied that the government was taking a "harsh and strict" approach. 

"Nine ministers, 19 governors, 300 more local leaders [and] 100 parliamentarians are in jail because of corruption," he said.

He also responded to a question on a government advert earlier this month calling for a new youth ambassador position which was only open to applicants not involved in "sexually deviant behaviour".

The Indonesian leader said there was no discrimination against minorities in the country ,while adding: "We are the world's largest Muslim nation and we have religious norms. You have to remember that and know that. We have social norms."

- Agencies/mn

• Praise 7

but be careful for what you ask for....

it will be improvised to many other minor offences in the future....

definitely, we don't want to have our kkj cut for visiting chickens, ducks, masturbating, not having sex regularly/too regularly with partners.... these will becum method of punishment later too.

just jog your memory... when we have coe, our ministar told us we don't have road tolls but our neigbours have, then just after few years, we have erp. Then, they said erp for cbd only.... then it became erp for going back to your home in the evening..... then then then........

singapore should have such laws too.

so many different type of chicken why need to rape

• Praise 6

definitely, we don't want to have our kkj cut for visiting chickens, ducks, masturbating, not having sex regularly/too regularly with partners.... these will becum method of punishment later too.

just jog your memory... when we have coe, our ministar told us we don't have road tolls but our neigbours have, then just after few years, we have erp. Then, they said erp for cbd only.... then it became erp for going back to your home in the evening..... then then then........

post-131345-0-42273700-1476870509.jpeg

• Praise 4

"Chemical" castration is via drugs

Not physical castration

Indonesia to introduce castration Law for sex crimes!

Whilst I feel it's inhumane, I also can see where they coming from.

JAKARTA: Indonesia's new law authorising chemical castration "will wipe out" sex crimes including paedophilia, President Joko Widodo said in an interview with the BBC on Tuesday (Oct 19). 

The laws were passed earlier this month after a proposal from the government, approving harsher penalties for perpetrators of sexual violence against children.

"Our constitution respects human rights, but when it comes to sexual crimes there is no compromise," President Widodo said in the BBC interview.

"We are strong and we will be very firm. We will hand out the maximum penalty for sexual crimes.

He added: "In my opinion … chemical castration, if we enforce it consistently, will reduce sex crimes and wipe them out over time."

Penalties under the new law include death as a maximum sentence and chemical castration, with a possible addition of a two-year maximum jail sentence.

President Jokowi signed the proposed regulation in May, after activists and the public called for reform in the wake of the brutal gang rape and murder of a 14-year-old-school girl in Bengkulu, on the western island of Sumatra, in April.

During the wide-ranging interview, the President also spoke on the South China Sea, corruption, the tax amnesty and the government's stance on homosexuality.

On the South China Sea, he told the BBC that the military is clamping down on illegal fishing.

"These are our natural resources, this is Indonesian wealth. So from now on illegal fishing vessels cannot play around with us," he said.

"The second thing is Natuna is our territory. Natuna is in Indonesia. So if we want to conduct military operations, war games, then it's our right. In terms of sovereignty I will never compromise."

The President was also asked about corruption, to which he replied that the government was taking a "harsh and strict" approach. 

"Nine ministers, 19 governors, 300 more local leaders [and] 100 parliamentarians are in jail because of corruption," he said.

He also responded to a question on a government advert earlier this month calling for a new youth ambassador position which was only open to applicants not involved in "sexually deviant behaviour".

The Indonesian leader said there was no discrimination against minorities in the country ,while adding: "We are the world's largest Muslim nation and we have religious norms. You have to remember that and know that. We have social norms."

- Agencies/mn

• Praise 6

"Chemical" castration is via drugs

Not physical castration

I know but inhumane all the same but I guess if these attackers can't control themselves than they deserve it I guess.

• Praise 5

I know but inhumane all the same but I guess if these attackers can't control themselves than they deserve it I guess.

Rape also inhuman. We can never find a balance.
  • Praise 1

sorry... have to disagree

cannot support.. have u seen people acquitted of rape before?? 

chemical castration is irreversible..   

same reason as i can never support death penalty... 

erp was way before coe de! But the earlier ones were mostly for Orchard and CBD.....must buy the coupon at those road side lta stalls then display on windscreen! I think there was a carpooling initiative back then.....must get a few passenggers than no need pay cbd charges!

Rape also inhuman. We can never find a balance.

That's true but I'm not in the an eye for an eye camp hence I personally don't support death penalty cos I don't believe society has a right to end another person's life no matter what he is guilty of.

Likewise, I don't feel it's right to castrate a person either physically or chemically as that is inhumane.

I'm aware my post may attract a lot of flak from victims and their families as they were subjected to inhumane acts themselves so you are right, tough to find a balance, cheers!

Actually I'm on your side if you read my other post. I also don't support death penalty and castration.

• Praise 3

Chemical castration is reversible as in when u stop the dosing of external hormones, the body's own hormonal system should be able to recover by itself. But sometimes it may not. 

And some of the side effects will be difficult to reverse as well.

I prefer to lock up sexual offenders though.

That's true but I'm not in the an eye for an eye camp hence I personally don't support death penalty cos I don't believe society has a right to end another person's life no matter what he is guilty of.

Likewise, I don't feel it's right to castrate a person either physically or chemically as that is inhumane.

I'm aware my post may attract a lot of flak from victims and their families as they were subjected to inhumane acts themselves so you are right, tough to find a balance, cheers!

Actually I'm on your side if you read my other post. I also don't support death penalty and castration.

Okay lah. Chemical castration is reverserable. And they only reserve for pedophille

Chemical castration is reversible as in when u stop the dosing of external hormones, the body's own hormonal system should be able to recover by itself. But sometimes it may not.

And some of the side effects will be difficult to reverse as well.

I prefer to lock up sexual offenders though.

Think for their case is lock up. When release Liao chemical castration Edited by Joseph22

this guy really desperate, sperm shoot to the brain cannot think. 

hahaha.. Should have just ask the wifey to help, save $25. Anyway, if he offer $1500, outcome may be different. *Just thinking out loud*.

high price to pay   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Man who raped maid twice gets jail, caning
Selina Lum Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016

A 45-year-old man who raped his domestic worker from Myanmar twice in a period of six hours at his Pasir Ris flat was yesterday sentenced to 13 years' jail and 20 strokes of the cane.

In sentencing the alcohol distributor, Justice Chan Seng Onn said his actions were "reprehensible" but noted that he did not use violence, which would have attracted a higher sentence.

The Singapore permanent resident from Malaysia was released on bail of $70,000 as he is appealing against his conviction.

He is not named as a court order bars the publication of information that can lead to the identification of the 35-year-old victim, who started working for his family in July 2013.

The man was charged with two counts of raping his domestic worker, at 2.40am and 7am on Dec 20, 2013, while his wife and two children were in Hong Kong for a holiday.

The prosecution's case is that after a night of drinking with friends, the accused returned home in the early hours, called for the maid and when she came out of her room, pulled her to his bedroom, where he raped her.

The maid testified that after the rape, she washed herself and cried in her room. She rang a compatriot who was working in Singapore but he did not pick up, so she sent him a text message.

Unsure what to do next, she embarked on housework.

When the accused awoke after a few hours, he went to the kitchen where she was washing clothes, pulled her into his bedroom and once again raped her.

The maid testified she then put on fresh clothes and went to cook rice and iron clothes, things she would not normally do at that time of morning, except that she felt "unstable".

After the accused had left the flat, she called the acquaintance, who told her to call the police.

The accused, who pleaded not guilty to both charges, contends he had consensual sex with the maid.

He is now divorced from his wife.

In September, after a seven-day trial, Justice Chan convicted him of both charges after accepting the maid's testimony that she had not consented to having sex with the accused.

Yesterday, the prosecution sought a sentence of 15 years' jail and 24 strokes of the cane for the accused.

"The victim was forced to undergo the full gamut of emotional turmoil and trauma... not once but twice," said Deputy Public Prosecutor Kumaresan Gohulabalan.

He argued that the accused was able to prey on the victim precisely because of his position as her employer.

The man's lawyer, Sunil Sudheesan, argued that his client's conviction represented a "marked departure" from his usual character. He asked for 11 years' jail and 12 strokes of the cane.

high price to pay   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

i think he deserve it but a bit too long.

suddenly $500 a pop with a beautiful gal seems dirt cheap  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 5

i think he deserve it but a bit too long.

suddenly $500 a pop with a beautiful gal seems dirt cheap [lipsrsealed]

Read careful, he abused his position as an employer and did it twice. 13 years is already discount.

Fully deserved...

Edited by Pocus

Read careful, he avused his position as an employer and did it twice. 11 years is already discount.

Fully deserved...

it was actually 13 years and 20 stroke   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement