YF Sonata (i45)

Wjhr

Supercharged

sonata drinks petrol fast. Auto goes in jerks. At slope can roll backwards. Pickup noisy. stupid fuel guage readout. nice to look at but look the same as the cheaper hyundai Avante or elantra.

Maybe u r hallucinating that you r driving a sonata or i45? Or

↡ Advertisement

I am driving YF sonata 2L auto here in korea almost 1 year old. i drove in singapore a 3 year old Chery A5 manual . Chery beats the sonata any day not for gears. Chery cost 20k , sonata cost 139k. Chery never broke down. Sonata fuel guage fails to show empty and stranded me on the road.

Much people never drive and just talk.

MIC cars better than korean cars? what a joke

post-68851-1332333597_thumb.jpg

my chery sold 14k unfortunate last year.

I drove it almost every weekend to KL .speed up to 160 km/hours. family of 3 persons . Never have any problem.

What u r guys talking about.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, guys...

I have a set of KIA K5 factory Sports Package springs and shock absorbers that I wts..

(I imported and installed a lowering spring/shocks set)

The K5 sports suspension will give your i45 a definitely firmer and slighter lower ride.

Only used (and with loving care) the car about 10k when changed, so they're in near-new condition.

Thinking about 600 for the entire set of struts, back absorbers and springs.

Any takers? Please PM me if interested. Thks.

my korean sonata. drive cos it is company car

"H" (Hye in Korean letter) series (number plate) means it is a rented car. Most probably it was screwed up one by the ang moh!

From the sheen on your front grill it looks like you used sticker instead of paint. Must have taken quite a while for the sticker guy to do the perfect job, heating and bending the sticker at the right places.

Oops! How impolite. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sam. I drive a white 2.4 w/o sunroof.

Have left my car relatively stock except for Huper Optiks and 19" Breytons. Well, actually they're BE, by Breyton. Breytons that are made for cars other than BMW's.

I'd like to have your feedback on the consumption of the i45. I find it frustratingly high; even when I'm light-footed.

You know we have a trip counter, which shows us how many litres of fuel is needed per 100km?

My hovers around 12.6 ltres. After I fill y petrol, when I start the car, it shows 15.9!! And it takes a long while of driving very carefully before it eventually goes down to 12.something again. Donno if anyone is experiencing the same problem. Been back to Komocco to check twice but they didn't do anything. If you guys are finding the i45 economical, like the specs claim, I will have to make some noise so that I am treated fairly. I am just afraid of buying a 'lemon'and having to live with it.

Please share.

Thanks!

This is a 2.4 lit car to start with, so I guess your FC of about 8km/lit is normal??!

Neutral Newbie

With the NF 2.4L Sonata, but with the 4-speed auto, i consistently got a bit over 9km/litre (my normal driving included quick accelerations to get to road/traffic speeds, then coasting with the flow). That was with 17" wheels, and no other mod's. i remember it started off with about 8+, but improved over time as the car aged..

Neutral Newbie

NICE...!!! [thumbsup]

Let know how well the CAI works? Power, low-end torque, audibles? That's a K&N, Hurricane? $$?

your brakes & rotors come in a set, or bought separately?

Low end will suffer abit, but I send to harmony motor to tune it so not that bad. Brakekit including rotor and four pot monoblock from dtmspeed from korea I'm lucky that I'm using 19 inches cause the rotor size is 355 x 30 any smaller than 19 won't fit. CAI from USA. Sounds like cheap sports car haha just kidding sounds like any CAI in the maket hollow deep sound, sound kick in above 3k rpm. Should plan an outing for all i45. Ordered carbon bonnet, still considering carbon GT wind and ss brake hose cause it does come with the kit

Nearly 2k including shipping four pot with 355 x 30 carbon rotor about 10 percent lighter than oem rotor. Professtional intallation by staff at bukit batok stamfort tyres. Its dirt cheap compare to those at ubi for samilar spec 355 mm rotor with 4 pot cheapest from taiwan start from 3k without installation and proper bracketing. The reason why I chose dtm speed is that they provide bracketing as they are well known for motorsports and bracket has to be made with r & d and gone thur stress test for qc. feel free me to contact me for more detail mores on the way

Neutral Newbie

Wow, nice stuff for that price.

Too bad I dont drive i45....mine is Magentis. There are more accessories from Korea for i45 and K5.

Btw, u stay in Jurong west?

I'm constantly doing 8.5 Litre per 100 KM and there was once I hit 7.6 Litre per 100 KM. No mods, 17 inch wheels and of course, I am a very cautious driver with no sudden acceleration and hardly jam brakes. But anyone has issues on the air-con? Mine was like taking a long time for cold air to start blowing and when your car stays stationary for longer periods of time, hot air starts blowing. Send my ride to several workshops but none is willing to commit themselves to the fault but all says that the radiator is leaking. Last Friday morning, while stationary in the car, temperature went high until warning lights came out. Quickly off-engine, cool down and drove to a workshop operated by a personal friend. Change the radiator and it went on fine till Sunday evening. Just when I was about to drive to attend a dinner, temperature went up again till warning lights came on again. Waited for it to cool down before restarting the engine and the temperature went high again. Decided to park my car and take a taxi to my dinner. Next day send to workshop again, this time they change the fan and thermostat. After that, car is back to normal condition again. Anyone has similar experience?

Was recently told by my workshop that I should consider changing my engine mounting. Anyone here has similar experience? Mine is already coming to 7 years and with 3 years or so remaining, I am considering not changing this and live with that noise. Any other problems will I faced if I do not change the engine mounting? Thanks in advance.

Was recently told by my workshop that I should consider changing my engine mounting. Anyone here has similar experience? Mine is already coming to 7 years and with 3 years or so remaining, I am considering not changing this and live with that noise. Any other problems will I faced if I do not change the engine mounting? Thanks in advance.

If you prepare to drive for the remaining 3 yrs, I think you should change it.

The increasing vibration in the cabin can be quite uncomfortable.

↡ Advertisement