Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Since the other threads already did comparsions. This one will be solely on Cruze 2011 itself and users' problems faced. Other users may able to provide useful or innovative tips to improve the car performance, since that are some shortcoming issues that with it.

It is a pretty nice car that I may look into it, but because of some issues that the maunfacturer need further refinements. If the below issues solved, could attractive more potential buyers.

1. Break pad wear fast

2. Timing belt need to change every 40KKM

3. Poor FC

4. Engine reliability need to be proven (But takes sometime)

Note that all these issues are hidden cost to user, which not be aware initially. Other than these problems, it is indeed a fine car with 5 star rating EUNCAP. Hopfully those feedbacks which gathered from users, is aware by the GM.

Edited by HP_Lee

Since the other threads already did comparsions. This one will be solely on Cruze 2011 itself and users' problems faced. Other users may able to provide useful or innovative tips to improve the car performance, since that are some shortcoming issues that with it.

It is a pretty nice car that I may look into it, but because of some issues that the maunfacturer need further refinements. If the below issues solved, could attractive more potential buyers.

1. Break pad wear fast

3. Poor FC

Note that all these issues are hidden cost to user, which not be aware initially. Other than these problems, it is indeed a fine car with 5 star rating EUNCAP. Hopfully those feedbacks which gathered from users, is aware by the GM.

40kkm change timing belt ????? I thought it should be 80kkm at least

I got this information through one for the user in "Chevrolet 2011 Cruze OR Kia 2011 Cerato Forte" post. That he was told by the SE to change the timing belt after 40KKM. Looks like you know something. Is it truth? [confused]

40kkm change timing belt ????? I thought it should be 80kkm at least

Nope! SE recommended 40kkm when book stated 60kkm. Funny right?

Jappy cars running on belt is 80kkm but not this car.

Strange. This is what worries me. [shocked]

Is anyone come across Opel Astra 1.6 ECOTEC

Edited by HP_Lee

Since the other threads already did comparisons, this one will be solely on Cruze 2011 itself and users' problems faced. Other users may able to provide useful or innovative tips to improve the car performance, since that are numbers of shortcomings in this model.

Otherwise, it's a pretty nice car that I may look into it, but some issues have to address of the manufacturer or need further refinements. If the below issues solved, could be more attracted to potential buyers like me in future.

1. Break pad wear fast

3. Poor FC

All points mentioned above are hidden cost to user, which not be aware initially. Other than these problems, it is indeed a fine car with 5 star rating EUNCAP. Hopefully those feedback which gathered from users, is aware by GM.

My bro drives a Meriva which is running on belt too and is on more than 60Km already. Workshop told him to change timing belt at 80k [:(]

80K belt change for conti considered quite good already.

You are even recommended to change at 1/2 of the recommended interval if you are mainly doing city traffic (i.e. average speed below 30km/hr as shown on onboard computer, lotsa stop/start, short distance driving = typical conditions in Singapore).

The main killer in maintenance for driving a belt-driven conti engine is the labour cost. Some conti parts are in fact cheaper than Japs.

Some even need to drop engine to do proper belt change.

Upside is super smooth quiet engine with no vibration.

Having said that, timing chain also has its problems though lesser. The cam chain tensioner will kaput before the chain kaput. So, change may be needed also.

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

80K belt change for conti considered quite good already.

You are even recommended to change at 1/2 of the recommended interval if you are mainly doing city traffic (i.e. average speed below 30km/hr as shown on onboard computer, lotsa stop/start, short distance driving = typical conditions in Singapore).

The main killer in maintenance for driving a belt-driven conti engine is the labour cost. Some conti parts are in fact cheaper than Japs.

Some even need to drop engine to do proper belt change.

Upside is super smooth quiet engine with no vibration.

Having said that, timing chain also has its problems though lesser. The cam chain tensioner will kaput before the chain kaput. So, change may be needed also.

Problem i got no confidence in GM parts sia. haha.

Nope! SE recommended 40kkm when book stated 60kkm. Funny right?

Jappy cars running on belt is 80kkm but not this car.

Timing belt change should be between 60K to 80K.

SE recommended 40kkm, I suggest u better do it.

You know how much it cost to repair e engine if the Timing Belt was broken during you drive?

It cost you a few thousand to repair.

Spend small amount of money now rather than you regret later. [knife]

SE recommended 40kkm, I suggest u better do it.

You know how much it cost to repair e engine if the Timing Belt was broken during you drive?

It cost you a few thousand to repair.

Spend small amount of money now rather than you regret later. [knife]

So I better stick to my Jappy car, until GM decides to switch to chain or better solutions to lengthen the change duration. If it happens on Cruze, I sure it happens on Opel's 1.6 model. [:(]

Edited by HP_Lee

So I better stick to my Jappy car, until GM decides to switch to chain or better solutions to lengthen the change duration. If it happens on Cruze, I sure it happens on Opel's 1.6 model. [:(]

Too late to smash kimchi car on reliability issue go save the gap falling sales.

Chevrolet, Kia n Hyundai is no longer like the old time.

Good try [:)]