Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Too late to smash kimchi car on reliability issue go save the gap falling sales.

Chevrolet, Kia n Hyundai is no longer like the old time.

Good try [:)]

Maybe you are right. I may go for a test drive soon. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Hey! I am pretty surprise on this NCAP results for the car at this price. Take a look the results comparing with my old VW Jetta. :excl:

Ok, at least u are gentlemen to show this, Cruze NCap rating is higher than VW Jetta

Neutral Newbie

i collected my Cruze 2011 LS PEPS on 1st Dec, my first car! [:p]

base on my 2 wks driving expirence, the things not happy with are FC and slow pick up.

my friend tells me after 1k maintenance the FC will be better, hope so.

the problem facing might due to me a newer? dont know, anyway, lots of things need learn and will closely look at the car and to share the things.

also looking forward to all kind tips :D

i collected my Cruze 2011 LS PEPS on 1st Dec, my first car! [:p]

base on my 2 wks driving expirence, the things not happy with are FC and slow pick up.

my friend tells me after 1k maintenance the FC will be better, hope so.

the problem facing might due to me a newer? dont know, anyway, lots of things need learn and will closely look at the car and to share the things.

also looking forward to all kind tips :D

Did you test drove the car before buying. If so then you should know its performance.

Just to share my recent test drive of the 2011 Cruze. Looks like driving a tank and felt very safe as compare to my current Altis. The pick up is slow, but I switched to maunal mode and pick up is better or similar to my Altis. It suprised me with how much GM have changed in last few years. The cabin and external design looks and feel great. It is indeed no longer producing crap car prior to the 2008 Crisis. Since driving 4 cars previously, I have never even walk into GM's showroom before, becasue of the long perception that it's a crap car.

I have tried cornering, it handling its as good as my previous old good VW Jetta TSI. Of course, this cannot compare with my current car. As for the FC, I cannot comment since I'm only doing the test drive. The Cruze 2011 using a new engine from Opel and claim FC 7.4L/100KM(Stated on the windscreen). I think overall GM have done a great job. I can safely say the cabin is even better the the Hyundai Elantra which is the closest competitor. Lastly, GM may need further improvment on the FC matter, which commented by some of the users in the forum. I may plan to change, once the COE comes down a little more. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

er...i have to say i'm a guy with no patience, coz that time i was rushing for the car, and even booked it before i passed the test!

called a friend to test it, said not bad. so before got the car, i actually had no touch with it. [:(]

anyway, try to be familiar with it asap, and see how good it could be

Neutral Newbie

Just to share my recent test drive of the 2011 Cruze. Looks like driving a tank and felt very safe as compare to my current Altis. The pick up is slow, but I switched to maunal mode and pick up is better or similar to my Altis. It suprised me with how much GM have changed in last few years. The cabin and external design looks and feel great. It is indeed no longer producing crap car prior to the 2008 Crisis. Since driving 4 cars previously, I have never even walk into GM's showroom before, becasue of the long perception that it's a crap car.

I have tried cornering, it handling its as good as my previous old good VW Jetta TSI. Of course, this cannot compare with my current car. As for the FC, I cannot comment since I'm only doing the test drive. The Cruze 2011 using a new engine from Opel and claim FC 7.4L/100KM(Stated on the windscreen). I think overall GM have done a great job. I can safely say the cabin is even better the the Hyundai Elantra which is the closest competitor. Lastly, GM may need further improvment on the FC matter, which commented by some of the users in the forum. I may plan to change, once the COE comes down a little more. [:)]

oic, thx, may try to switch to manual to see the performance.

My bro drives a Meriva which is running on belt too and is on more than 60Km already. Workshop told him to change timing belt at 80k [:(]

Opel AD recommended change at 60,000km....but service booklet recommended at 60,000 miles

Opel AD recommended change at 60,000km....but service booklet recommended at 60,000 miles

The booklet may have also stated half of the recommended interval (i.e. 30K) if your driving condition is classified as "severe"; and most of our usage is under "severe" in Singapore.

Edited by Kangadrool

er...i have to say i'm a guy with no patience, coz that time i was rushing for the car, and even booked it before i passed the test!

called a friend to test it, said not bad. so before got the car, i actually had no touch with it. [:(]

anyway, try to be familiar with it asap, and see how good it could be

Hey. Maybe you can share we us your new car after some runs? Thanks Bro

Happened to bummed on a site of interesting facts on Cruze, for those who are interested to know.

But there is one question on whether is the power steering on Singapore's model is using conventional power steering pump from the engine

Edited by HP_Lee

Have been driving a Cruze LS PEPS for ard 3 months now and first time car owner. The key issues I have faced are:

1) FC way far away from promised value;

before 1k servicing: 350km per full tank

after 1k serviving: ~400-450km per full tank [knife]

2) Pick up slow but as mentioned earlier, manual mode better for pick or when moving car from halt.

3) At times, car gets confused when to change gear and might end up dragging at lower gear for a longer time. But then again, manual mode comes to the

rescue!

Now have learnt to live with these issues (no choice mah) [:(]

But still loving the car!! :wub:

LS PEPS owners, ask you all whether behind your car it is written "Cruze" or "Cruze LS"?

Cos mine only have "cruze" and I did not realize it when I went to collect car (1st time car owner mah, excited and overlooked such details)

Then after few days, realised this and went to call to my sales person but he said mine is the PEPS version so it will be like that <_< . Then when going for 1k servicing, saw the showroom Cruze LS PEPS cars some had "Cruze LS" logo behind while some did not. On the road also have seen some PEPS cruze with only "Cruze" behind (so I am not alone :D ) and also others with "Cruze LS" [:/]. Any idea whether got any difference between the PEPS cars itself??

When I was test driving, I have realized that. Maybe you can check with the SE, whether is a 122bhp(New LS) or 104bhp(Old model without LS). In US, they call it AT for the old model. The LS version is a better engine and better FC. Do not take my word. Verify with them again. It's a little confuse to me too. [hur]

Have been driving a Cruze LS PEPS for ard 3 months now and first time car owner. The key issues I have faced are:

1) FC way far away from promised value;

before 1k servicing: 350km per full tank

after 1k serviving: ~400-450km per full tank [knife]

2) Pick up slow but as mentioned earlier, manual mode better for pick or when moving car from halt.

3) At times, car gets confused when to change gear and might end up dragging at lower gear for a longer time. But then again, manual mode comes to the

rescue!

Now have learnt to live with these issues (no choice mah) [:(]

But still loving the car!! :wub:

How heavy is the Cruze?