Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Heavy for a 1.6 lit, FC shouldn't be the best of all but it should be nicely insulated and stable.

pickup....not the worst

insulated......good

stable........come try and you tell them.

i tried once heavy rain in the morning at 6am,not so much car.

i did 130km/h it was like a tank bo lasar!stick to the ground like magnet.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I had my new cruze LS this year april. At first when driving this car, the pick up is slow and f/c clock around 6 KM/L - 8 KM/L. After 7000km mileage of driving, the pick up become better maybe internal parts had run-in. But fc clocked around 9.5KM/L which is still far from (7.5L/100KM = 13.3KM/L). Handling is as good as any 1.6L jap/kor car and very stable on the highway.

Edited by Alan90

Neutral Newbie

LS PEPS owners, ask you all whether behind your car it is written "Cruze" or "Cruze LS"?

Cos mine only have "cruze" and I did not realize it when I went to collect car (1st time car owner mah, excited and overlooked such details)

Then after few days, realised this and went to call to my sales person but he said mine is the PEPS version so it will be like that <_< . Then when going for 1k servicing, saw the showroom Cruze LS PEPS cars some had "Cruze LS" logo behind while some did not. On the road also have seen some PEPS cruze with only "Cruze" behind (so I am not alone :D ) and also others with "Cruze LS" [:/]. Any idea whether got any difference between the PEPS cars itself??

If you bought a Cruze ls peps there should be a ls behind it. Mine was imported in Nov 11 n there is a Navtrak logo as well. According to SE this is the latest. Those without are the older model they have in stock. This is what I understand from SE

LS PEPS owners, ask you all whether behind your car it is written "Cruze" or "Cruze LS"?

Cos mine only have "cruze" and I did not realize it when I went to collect car (1st time car owner mah, excited and overlooked such details)

Then after few days, realised this and went to call to my sales person but he said mine is the PEPS version so it will be like that <_< . Then when going for 1k servicing, saw the showroom Cruze LS PEPS cars some had "Cruze LS" logo behind while some did not. On the road also have seen some PEPS cruze with only "Cruze" behind (so I am not alone :D ) and also others with "Cruze LS" [:/]. Any idea whether got any difference between the PEPS cars itself??

What color did u take? In stock??? Understand some are older stock.

Anyway, those driving a CRuze using K415 Hankook tyre, please update me if you have this rumbling sound when you turn your steering all the way to your right or left..Check with SE and he said it is normal...

If you bought a Cruze ls peps there should be a ls behind it. Mine was imported in Nov 11 n there is a Navtrak logo as well. According to SE this is the latest. Those without are the older model they have in stock. This is what I understand from SE

all 2011 model comes with LS and also navtrak logo but it has afew range(with/without peps)

latest model is LT.

Anyway, those driving a CRuze using K415 Hankook tyre, please update me if you have this rumbling sound when you turn your steering all the way to your right or left..Check with SE and he said it is normal...

u mean vibration izzit?

if so,it not the tyre making the noize.

it the hydraulic pump overload,the only answer i got from SE,IS DUN DO FULL TURN.......WTF,then how to u-turn/3pt point?

pickup....not the worst

insulated......good

stable........come try and you tell them.

i tried once heavy rain in the morning at 6am,not so much car.

i did 130km/h it was like a tank bo lasar!stick to the ground like magnet.

Patrick, 2 days ago(tue) I was driving my Optra Est. with 2 months old michellin xm2 tyres to KL, at Nilai was caught in a heavy down pour raining and visibility getting worst, I starts to worry running over pot holes and road debris ahead, decided to keep in extreme left side slow lane crusing at 120/km.

I checked and saw a fast & furious car with bright headlights in my rear view mirror catching up in the right lane, estimating he is doing above 150/km speeds, I promptly decelerate to allow him to pass by quickly, he zoomed passed to my front at about 100~150 meters aheads, I saw his car skidded towards his left(my lane) and back to right lane, smashed violently with his rear into the center divider and slided to stopped with the help of the rubbing force of his right side car length.

I managed to slow down with my hazzard lights and drove into the road shoulder avoiding all his car debris, saw the accident car driver alighted and ran across the road towards another car that also pulled over behind me to check his safety. I drove-off to continue my journey in cold sweats.

No matter how good the car or driving skill, slowing down in wet road is the only preventive choice, there is always dangers from others who might lost control like a shutter-c--k flying around on the road. Drive Safe. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.

Edited by Fongmy

u mean vibration izzit?

if so,it not the tyre making the noize.

it the hydraulic pump overload,the only answer i got from SE,IS DUN DO FULL TURN.......WTF,then how to u-turn/3pt point?

Yah...I tot it is the tyre....NB...I ask SE he told me it is like that one.... wondering wats is problem...but if u step on the accelerator...it seems to reduce it a little....hmmm...maybe it is a common thing amongst car...I remember my previous korean drive also hv this but nt as bad as Cruze...

Yah...I tot it is the tyre....NB...I ask SE he told me it is like that one.... wondering wats is problem...but if u step on the accelerator...it seems to reduce it a little....hmmm...maybe it is a common thing amongst car...I remember my previous korean drive also hv this but nt as bad as Cruze...

I do not have this problem with my Altis with full turn of steering. Is it somethning wrong with it's design mechanics? [:/]

After driving a few different made cars previously, I realized every car have itself plus and minus areas. This depending on which outweighs which. So far I did not have any problems with Opel 1.6, Toyota Corolla 1.6, Old model Jetta TSI 1.4 and Altis(current). But each have their strength and weakness. Average holding period of each car was never less than 5years. Maybe I'm the lucky one? [:)] Though Toyota have not gave any issues, I may not consider my next one. Reasons are, their design is very dated and offer very plain old cabin design and instruments. Even the latest Altis, which I was initially consider back 1 month ago. After tested drive Cruze 2011, it's a pleasent surprise to me. [thumbsup]

Edited by HP_Lee

I do not have this problem with my Altis with full turn of steering. Is it somethning wrong with it's design mechanics? [:/]

Hmmm..I suspect that the SE dun hv an answer and hence just say it's like that one...but overall I must say, Cruze is a good car so far...but I dunno whether other bros driving with auto headlight face with this issue...I travel along CTE tunnel during the day...headlight auto on in tunnel n then off when out... Someone will assume I did a deliberate act by switching on n off... [:/] I even hv kind souls reminding me to turn off my headlight when i walk away from my car...but somehow it seems that this auto headlight can invite unnecessary troubles... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hmmm..I suspect that the SE dun hv an answer and hence just say it's like that one...but overall I must say, Cruze is a good car so far...but I dunno whether other bros driving with auto headlight face with this issue...I travel along CTE tunnel during the day...headlight auto on in tunnel n then off when out... Someone will assume I did a deliberate act by switching on n off... [:/] I even hv kind souls reminding me to turn off my headlight when i walk away from my car...but somehow it seems that this auto headlight can invite unnecessary troubles... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

When I did a test drive and did not notice this. Looks like car with great computer system onbroad. Hummm, once the COE down slightly, I may finalize the deal on Cruze. So to say, I have to prepare for higher FC, compare to my Altis. Is a great car after all. Feels like a tank, when sitting inside. Safe with strong steel protection, which my Altis does not provide. That's the trade-off. <_<