Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Actually if i am not wrong sprint booster is like some sort of device to fool the ECU on the throttle position. For example, you step on accelerator 20% the sprint booster will sort of amplify it to make the ECU believe you are stepping 40% therefore yr acceleration will feel faster. But of course FC will or not be compromised that is up to indivdual.

Just thinking out loud, maybe this 40% is the optimum setting for the Cruze engine that is why the fuel consumption improve.

/Maybe this cruze engine need to rev a bit hard to unleash its potential.. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, i think adding more psi to the tyres will help to improve pick-up and fuel consumption, just curious, how do you arrive at 270psi ? Is it based on trial till the limit ?

I am curious too.

I think 230psi should be ok for normal sedan car.

But if want to inflate to higher pressure be careful lor.

e.g

Said max tyre pressure on the side wall indicates max is 300PSI

Than we blur blur go and pump to 300PSI......but the car was empty when you pump right.

Then when you get home then load the car full with 5 person + luggage chiong up north....what do you think is the tyre pressure now?? a balloon waiting for sharp point? Very dangerous right?

I think max to go 250PSI in this case, always give some buffer in life....cause life is not perfect.

Just my two cents worth [:)]

I had my Cruze PEPS LS for 2 months and it has already pass the 2000km which I have yet to send it for 1st servicing as no slot available past 2 weekends... I dunno abt tyre pressure but I know there is a sticker at driver seat that will tell u how much air to pump... The other day I went to petrol kiosk to pump...to my surprise...45 for the back and 41 for front when I saw the inidcator for a 16" tyre...but written on the sticker is 39...wondering why such a diff...will check w them when i send it in for servicing...

Anyway...petrol consumption at the initial stage was like drinking water..bearly a week I hv to top up the petrol to full tank...even though I did not see much mileage (300km or so).... After driving pass 900km...I started to feel the diff and petrol consumption seems to slowed down tremendously...I topped up my petrol last sunday....n till this morning...Im left w more than 1/2 tank (clocked 230km)...driving habit...I showed less mercy on my accelerator...n cheong...as I find it a drag to keep to bet 2- 2.5 rpm when moving off... but i always make a pt to keep to speed limit + 10km/hr... -_-

As for the vibrating when I turn the steering full...it seems to be less obvious as time passes...but Im nt sure why there seem to be like a air releasing sound whenever I stepped on the brake to start the engine....Normal?? Driving in wet weather, I need to be extra careful as K415 tyres sucks....I did an ebrake once bcos of a sudden change in traffic light and there is a car in front of me...it seems less easier to stop compared to my previous drive which is a much lighter car.... but I hate the brake pad dust... my rim looks dirty n I hv to wash it every week at the kiosk...

As for their GPS system..I get to my destination and the GPS is still searching for my GPS location....goodness... [laugh][laugh] I hv informed the SE abt this matter... I tried to replace the itinerary a few times...anyway sometimes it can locate my location within secs...but most of the time..it takes a long long 10-15m or it never happen.......I give up [thumbsdown] ...Also...during rainy season...my car position can suddenly appear to be off the road on the map and it will recalculate... [hur] I hv given up on this Navtrak system...until I send in for servicing I cannot comment further..suspect cld be some software issues...

Anyway, overall experience for this car is still considered far better than my previous MIK .... n my OC loves it and I hv no feeling for my previous ride...for this one...Im nt too sure as Im nt someone who will fall readily in love w any car... :D

Neutral Newbie

Just thinking out loud, maybe this 40% is the optimum setting for the Cruze engine that is why the fuel consumption improve.

/Maybe this cruze engine need to rev a bit hard to unleash its potential.. [:)]

Its quite true also. Some people likes to complain car lacks of power when they did not realised that for NA cars best torque will only come in at a certain RPM. Just like Proton cars when people complain no power, when i see Malaysian drivers drive they ram like no tomorrow to acheive the pickup. But though their traffic is not so irritating than us so many traffic lights within a short distance.

like to care with all cruze owners:

recently bought some used after market parts from 1 bro here who sold his cruze.

i gadets that amaze mi is sprint booster.....it works and the pickup is quicker but most importantly the total milage

also go further@650km to 680km per tank@55ltrs (open u eye and read)

totally agreed. [thumbsup] for those of you who is looking for a simple mod to spice up your drive, this is highly recommended. it basically increase the throttle response. dont get me wrong, it will not add any horses to your carriage but on a rolling start and apple to apple comparison, you can be faster as your car will react faster. many bros out there disagree as they claimed that stomping down onto the pedal gives the same effect. for me, i dont think so. how often when you do that and nothing happens... nothing happens and then suddenly, your engine rev like hell (for auto-cars)? sprintbooster will remove this problem. instant throttle response. and those of you who drives a manual, it would be easier to rev match when you h&t. if you are looking at simple mods, sprintbooster is one of the first you should get. you wont go wrong... and i am not a sprintbooster saleman... ha ha ha ^_^ warning: in most cases, you will find that the fc becomes significantly worst, again, it has nothing to do with the sprintbooster. it will not affect the fc for better or worst. it is because of your right foot. you want better fc, just go easy on the throttle. but because the throttle becomes responsive, you will tend to zip around and that's when your fc goes north... have fun to the bros out there with sprintboosters... or other throttle controlers...

Hi, i think adding more psi to the tyres will help to improve pick-up and fuel consumption, just curious, how do you arrive at 270psi ? Is it based on trial till the limit ?

It is stated in the manual and at the side of the driver's door: 220 psi or 270 psi

I had my Cruze PEPS LS for 2 months and it has already pass the 2000km which I have yet to send it for 1st servicing as no slot available past 2 weekends... I dunno abt tyre pressure but I know there is a sticker at driver seat that will tell u how much air to pump... The other day I went to petrol kiosk to pump...to my surprise...45 for the back and 41 for front when I saw the inidcator for a 16" tyre...but written on the sticker is 39...wondering why such a diff...will check w them when i send it in for servicing...

Anyway...petrol consumption at the initial stage was like drinking water..bearly a week I hv to top up the petrol to full tank...even though I did not see much mileage (300km or so).... After driving pass 900km...I started to feel the diff and petrol consumption seems to slowed down tremendously...I topped up my petrol last sunday....n till this morning...Im left w more than 1/2 tank (clocked 230km)...driving habit...I showed less mercy on my accelerator...n cheong...as I find it a drag to keep to bet 2- 2.5 rpm when moving off... but i always make a pt to keep to speed limit + 10km/hr... -_-

As for the vibrating when I turn the steering full...it seems to be less obvious as time passes...but Im nt sure why there seem to be like a air releasing sound whenever I stepped on the brake to start the engine....Normal?? Driving in wet weather, I need to be extra careful as K415 tyres sucks....I did an ebrake once bcos of a sudden change in traffic light and there is a car in front of me...it seems less easier to stop compared to my previous drive which is a much lighter car.... but I hate the brake pad dust... my rim looks dirty n I hv to wash it every week at the kiosk...

As for their GPS system..I get to my destination and the GPS is still searching for my GPS location....goodness... [laugh][laugh] I hv informed the SE abt this matter... I tried to replace the itinerary a few times...anyway sometimes it can locate my location within secs...but most of the time..it takes a long long 10-15m or it never happen.......I give up [thumbsdown] ...Also...during rainy season...my car position can suddenly appear to be off the road on the map and it will recalculate... [hur] I hv given up on this Navtrak system...until I send in for servicing I cannot comment further..suspect cld be some software issues...

Anyway, overall experience for this car is still considered far better than my previous MIK .... n my OC loves it and I hv no feeling for my previous ride...for this one...Im nt too sure as Im nt someone who will fall readily in love w any car... :D

Guess your Navtrak system is faulty. Mine had no voice and had problems locating the car position. Highlighted to the SE during 1k servicing and they did some updates. Now the problem is rectified.

I also have the "air release" sound when stepping on the brake, so I guess its normal. Can some other bro double confirm on this?

Just to check with fellow Cruze owners and maybe even other car owners can advise,

I am 1 week into my new Cruze LS PEPS and noticed an issue with the car.

The stated issue:

When my car hits about 80km/hr on 6th gear, the engine (I think) starts emitting a humming sound (kinda like the type of high pitched "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" sound when an airplane is gaining momentum on the runway). The sound will only go away when I release the pressure on the accelerator but will almost always come back when I start to apply more pressure on it.

It's not really a big issue, but it does get noticeable and sometimes abit irritating when you hear that pitch all the time.

Is it normal? Is it due to the parts still being run in? Any bros here know why like this?

did u install any ICE onboard?

Nope, everything stock.

Maybe I'll highlight this issue when I bring the car in for my 1k servicing and see what the service ppl say.

Neutral Newbie

If u really wan to consider Cruze u hv to bear w their svc center poor attitude... If u choose to go elsewhere warranty will be void. So consider carefully, u not buying the car alone. Some agony of the bad svc attitude. Komoco svc staff attitude is much better than theirs.

If u really wan to consider Cruze u hv to bear w their svc center poor attitude... If u choose to go elsewhere warranty will be void. So consider carefully, u not buying the car alone. Some agony of the bad svc attitude. Komoco svc staff attitude is much better than theirs.

Yeah, I heard from others too regarding Alpine's poor svc attitude. However, I am willing to give them a chance first. I had problems with my own SE at first, but he gave me a pleasant surprise in the form of a big upgrade FOC so yeah, there are still some good ones amongst the rotten eggs.

Anyway, my car package does not include any free servicing at all, so I don't mind bringing my car elsewhere for svcing.

It is stated in the manual and at the side of the driver's door: 220 psi or 270 psi

Hi Kurtselva, Thanks for the information !

220 psi or 270 psi(This one is to get better fuel efficiency).

Just pumped my tyres to 270psi to try out whether will have improvement in my fuel consumption..Will update here after I go fill up tank again.

Well, here is the update:

previously with 220 psi: managed to get approx 430L per full tank (abt 40% highway driving)

with 270 psi: got ard 410L per full tank (abt 25% highway driving) <_<

So I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

Well, here is the update:

previously with 220 psi: managed to get approx 430L per full tank (abt 40% highway driving)

with 270 psi: got ard 410L per full tank (abt 25% highway driving) <_<

So I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

I realised over the years with the same driving style that FC comes with the car. Can't do much to it. Same style same distance, difference car, different FC.

Enjoy.

↡ Advertisement