Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Neutral Newbie

Any cruze owner here can confirm the engine used timing belt or chain?

Timing Belt. So far Aveo,Optra,Cruze all on timing belt don know about Epica and Captiva though. Same as Opel rides too maybe because sharing same engine.

I realised over the years with the same driving style that FC comes with the car. Can't do much to it. Same style same distance, difference car, different FC.

Enjoy.

Drive up north, do some long distance high speed cruising to clear the carbon bah [laugh]

A tycoon who owns a chain of budget hotels is suing the authorised agent of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars here over an alleged flaw in a $1.4 million Phantom limousine he bought four years ago.

Mr James Koh Wee Meng, 49, the man behind the Fragrance chain of budget hotels, appointed Senior Counsel Davinder Singh of Drew & Napier to file the suit last November.

In it, he claimed the car made loud thumping and whirring noises when moving out of a three-point turn when he took delivery of it on or around Dec 23, 2008. He also claimed that he felt 'significant vibration' from its steering wheel.

He claimed the agent, Trans Eurokars, had failed to rectify these repeatedly, and is therefore seeking damages.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_759941.html

I hijacked the above from another tread..tot that it is interesting esp the bold text...Bro driving Cruze shld know where I am coming from....should all join force to sue if the above case is successful... lol

Hey! I am pretty surprise on this NCAP results for the car at this price. Take a look the results comparing with my old VW Jetta. :excl:

take note that unless your cruze comes with the full array of air bags, it is NOT ncap 5 stars.

i have brought it up before in this forum, and say this again.. this is gross misrepresentation from the car dealers

I hijacked the above from another tread..tot that it is interesting esp the bold text...Bro driving Cruze shld know where I am coming from....should all join force to sue if the above case is successful... lol

how to compare, ppl is paying 1.4million for a rolls. a korean made Cruze Ha

Every car have it's plus and minus. If you are buying a price of this car, what more some of our bro's want? Willing to pay for a BMW?? Than forget about Cruze... [laugh]

(edited)

take note that unless your cruze comes with the full array of air bags, it is NOT ncap 5 stars.

i have brought it up before in this forum, and say this again.. this is gross misrepresentation from the car dealers

Yes. I am fully aware of this. If I cannot afford a good conti car, at-least this provide better protection than Japanese cars. At-least it does not crumple as eagle as a Japanese car. As I mentioned before on other threads, if you have a soft body structural with 20 air bags, it will still not able to protect well. If you have a strong body structural with 2 frontal air bags, is still better off. The strong structure will buffer where most impact occurs, before the airbags activate. It's just the nature of science and physics facts. [rolleyes]

The reason of putting up this thread, is it reminds me of IKEA furniture company advertisement years back stated "You don't need to be rich, to smart". Is all about value minus the FC matter. There are also other options to chose than Cruze in today's car market. Note I am not selling for Cruze. Those who need a slight solid car than Japanese cars, can also for Kias or Hyundais. These are cars are becoming more reliable today. Times have changed , while the Japs are still working in the passed. We bros, are witnessing the change of car make population for the pass few years. That's the best proven statement. First the China made drop-out and how we are seeing a decline Japs car sales [:)]

Edited by HP_Lee

Nt abt the cost but abt precedent setting. If a case is proven successful that means if it is right to demand it to be rectified, then it shld be done...regardless of the price of the item...

I have been driving my new Cruze for about 1500km. Is a world of difference, as compared to my old Altis. It is indeed very stable on cruising and cornering. I dare not increase the speed beyond 100km/h, due to the run in period of aleast 3000km. So I set a speed voice limiting from the onboard computer to remind me of that.

Though the price that I paid was lower than new Altis and FC is not as good compare to the Altis, I have made the right decision. At mileage of 1500km, the car managed to clock at 9L/100km or 11.1km/L so far. It is quite close to what I had estimated before the purchase. Suddenly, I

Neutral Newbie

congratulation, finally you're in! :D

i believe you got a good window with lower COE.

mine FC is about there, 10km/L.

break pad wear fast, the dust is some serious on the front wheels.

it's my first car, so can you advise how frequent to change engine oil? the first time is half year or 10k KM whichever come first? or it's good to change it earlier before that? thanks [cool]

congratulation, finally you're in! :D

i believe you got a good window with lower COE.

mine FC is about there, 10km/L.

break pad wear fast, the dust is some serious on the front wheels.

it's my first car, so can you advise how frequent to change engine oil? the first time is half year or 10k KM whichever come first? or it's good to change it earlier before that? thanks [cool]

Hi Bro, you can check with Alpine on the engine oil matter. The brake pad is not wearing off, since is a new car. If you observe all conti car are like that. This is due to the special brake pad meant for heavier cars and is normal. You don't see that on Jap or Korean cars. I never encounter that on my old Altis, even though I washed the car once fortnight.

As for the FC, you do not except it to be like my previous Altis which clocked average 13km/L. With it's massive metal frame, I'm merely managed to clocked 11.1km/L to-date. Which is consider pretty good. We have one bro, which shared on other threads and managed to clocked 10km/L with his Altis. Furthermore, I myself is pretty heavy in weight. So driving habits could be the cause of poor FC, based on my 20 years of driving varies cars. [:)] Since is your car, my advice is try not to ramp the engine to much. This will have a longer lifespan and reduce wear of parts. Have a nice ride with your new Cruze. I just love it till today. [drivingcar]

Can anyone share how much is your RPM when your cruze reach 100-120km/h? Got 1 bro state he reached 2.3 RPM @ 120km/h...Mine is way higher than that [:(]

↡ Advertisement