Cruze 2011 Model

HP_Lee

Can anyone share how much is your RPM when your cruze reach 100-120km/h? Got 1 bro state he reached 2.3 RPM @ 120km/h...Mine is way higher than that [:(]

around there too............

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

take note that unless your cruze comes with the full array of air bags, it is NOT ncap 5 stars.

i have brought it up before in this forum, and say this again.. this is gross misrepresentation from the car dealers

I'm not sure where you got your information that the Euro NCAP 5 stars was given with a full array of air bags. The Euro NCAP website here only states that the test vehicle came with driver and passenger side airbags.

I'm not sure where you got your information that the Euro NCAP 5 stars was given with a full array of air bags. The Euro NCAP website here only states that the test vehicle came with driver and passenger side airbags.

Cruze in Singapore does not comes with side airbags. Without these airbags, it should reduce safely. But aleast is much better the Jap or other Koreans cars and also value for money.

(edited)

My Cruze have just completed the 10,000km servicing. There after, I managed to clock around 12 - 12.5km/L or 8litres/100km in manual mode. Auto mode only able to clock 11 - 11.2km/L. My previous old Altis was clocked around 13.5 - 14km/L in auto mode only. Surprisingly my friend's Altis was only able to clocked around 10 - 11km/L. Great so far. Could any users share your experiences and FCs? [:)]

Edited by HP_Lee

(edited)

Can anyone share how much is your RPM when your cruze reach 100-120km/h? Got 1 bro state he reached 2.3 RPM @ 120km/h...Mine is way higher than that [:(]

100 - 120KMH is around 2200 - 2300rpm if I remember. Have also tried in Malaysia at about 150 - 170KMH is roughly 2700 - 2800rpm. Low rpm and quiet.

Edited by HP_Lee

Whoa! Mine 110km/h reaches 2600-2700rpm liao..

When went for 10k servicing the service personnel normal..then I say got ppl at 120km/h only reach 2300rpm then he talk c--k ask me to drive until 120km/h then see cos at 120km/h it will be overdrive and the rpm will be lower..I was like WTF [furious]

Then nvm I go back try reach 120km/h CB very hard cos at 110km/h++ the engine alr revving hard at 2700rpm and I didnt want to further strain the engine..Emailed Alpine, they get back to me say it is normal for rpm to be from 2-3k rpm...FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!

Think I got a lemon [:(]

Any other bros can share your Engine RPM at 100km/L?

Mine is ard 2400-2500rpm at 100km/L and significantly increases to 2700rpm at 110km/L

Edited by Kurtselva

Mine is opposite to yours man!

ard 12L/100km or 8km/L

Should be due to my "normal" high revving of the engine [dizzy]

Could it be you are revving to much?

(edited)

Bro Sorry to hear that. I have some typo error, The Malaysian drive was at about 150 - 170KMH is roughly 2900 - 3100rpm. But driving at 110 - 120KMH, your RPM is still on the high side. Are you driving the Cruze 2011 or the older 2009 model ? I am driving the 2011 model. Besides that, if you are driving a up hill like, the RPM will move higher. Could this be the case? of yours? [:)]

Edited by HP_Lee

Mine is the 2011 LS model too.. Nope I do not rev high..will keep my revving within 2000-2600rpm when moving off and changing gears will occur at these range as well...

And nope not driving on hill or slope..driving in expressway can reach such rpm values..zzzz

Will highlight the problem when going for the next servicing.. And I can already expect what they will say to me: " The revving is in the normal range" [sleeping]

Neutral Newbie

Mine is the 2011 LS model too.. Nope I do not rev high..will keep my revving within 2000-2600rpm when moving off and changing gears will occur at these range as well...

And nope not driving on hill or slope..driving in expressway can reach such rpm values..zzzz

Will highlight the problem when going for the next servicing.. And I can already expect what they will say to me: " The revving is in the normal range" [sleeping]

What else to expect from Chevy AD my friend? They might not even do well in resolving issues arising from a convemtional 4 speeder. Now with a 6 speed gearbox, doubt they have the technical know how to answer u too.

Bro last try on this.

On a straight flat highway, I maintain at 5.5 - 6.5km/L instantaneous FC at 100 - 105KMH. The reading from my engine speed was about 2280RPM. Engine horse power is 122bhp. [drivingcar]

Bro last try on this.

On a straight flat highway, I maintain at 5.5 - 6.5km/L instantaneous FC at 100 - 105KMH. The reading from my engine speed was about 2280RPM. Engine horse power is 122bhp. [drivingcar]

Hmmm ok...So ard 100KM/h your rpm is ard 2300rpm..Under similar conditions, mine is ard 2400rpm..but it increases to ard 2600-2700 at 110km/h after which it keeps increasing

So does your rpm also have a significant change for an increase in 10km/h speed (from 100-110km/h)

At 110KMH is about 2350rpm. 125KMH is around 2600rpm.

Ok bro thanks for the info..will definitely highlight the issue at the next servicing.. Will request for an engine check

Ok bro thanks for the info..will definitely highlight the issue at the next servicing.. Will request for an engine check

Bro. Don't worry. Technically it should not affect your car engine or performance. [:)]

Chevrolet Cruze features a bold stylish front with large headlamp housings which is wrap around the front corners and sweep up like arrow, into the fenders with sculpted hood. Its other distinct design features includes a concave shoulder line with a dashing two tier front grille and a "wheels-out/body-in" feature makes it an eye catching machine. Chevrolet Cruze includes a dashing interior features with a twin cockpit design that was first introduced in the iconic Chevrolet Corvette sports car. Chevrolet Cruze is the first vehicle by General Motors that produced at a revamped Delta 2 platform, an architecture which is used for all small cars of General Motors around the globe.

↡ Advertisement