Almost got by Grey Camry SGX516xD at pedestrian crossing

Bluepica

SO.... have you tried reporting then? [:p]

Reporting of Traffic Violation

To report traffic violations, the following necessary ingredients must accompany the violation reports, namely:

The full registration number of the vehicle of which the driver/rider is alleged to have committed a traffic violation

While the make and colour of the vehicle, if provided, may be advantageous to the investigation process, only the FULL registration number is required.

The date, time and location of the alleged offence

Location of the alleged offence should be relatively precise (e .g Pan-Island Expressway in the direction of Tuas before the exit into Adam Road, Central Expressway in the direction of Ayer Rajah Expressway at the 5KM mark, etc).

The nature of the alleged offence

This refers to the circumstances leading to, during, and after the alleged offence (e.g . the lane which the drivers/riders were traveling on, traffic condition, manner of driving/riding, etc).

Confirmation of willingness to testify in court should the offender dispute the alleged offence

This refers to the feedback provider

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You can get all these on the web nowadays. Best still go down to police center or post if you don't know how to lodge. Testify is usually pretty easy. When ask for u for the stand, you just swear and when judge ask u, u just point. The end.

If you scare being recognized than bo bian. LPPL. Tok so much oso no point can only cry here in forum nia like alot of others does.

If you see such drivers and just let him go, you might be letting a fatal accident happen next. So please stand out and try do something for the public. Thats what i did everyday. See buay song, i will take picture and send to TP with detail statement. Go court testify? Anytime!

Always happen at pedestrian crossing, the car just turn infront of your face, although the crossing lights is in favour of the pedestrian! <_<

Always happen at pedestrian crossing, the car just turn infront of your face, although the crossing lights is in favour of the pedestrian! <_<

Sometimes you can't blame the driver. At some stupid junctions, when pedestrain cross light to turn red, then the traffic light also turned RED. So the driver has actually no chance to turn. Another type of stupid junction is those with turning left and going straigtht in the same lane and turning right in another lane. Basically it is a 2 lanes road. So if the driver waits for pedestrian light to go RED before turning left, the entire road will be clogged up and those who want to go straight will curse and swear. I know of one stupid junction that has both charateristics, it is at Aljunied Central.

Sometimes you can't blame the driver. At some stupid junctions, when pedestrain cross light to turn red, then the traffic light also turned RED. So the driver has actually no chance to turn. Another type of stupid junction is those with turning left and going straigtht in the same lane and turning right in another lane. Basically it is a 2 lanes road. So if the driver waits for pedestrian light to go RED before turning left, the entire road will be clogged up and those who want to go straight will curse and swear. I know of one stupid junction that has both charateristics, it is at Aljunied Central.

I do understand what u mean in the first scenario. One of this example is Tamp St12 to Ave 4. Wrote to LTA, they increase the green turning arrow by a few seconds after the green man turns red, just enough for one extra car to turn :wacko:

Agreed, in fact i think there are many such stupid junctions around. That's why always create jams before the traffic lights. Dont understand who design and programme such timings at the traffic lights?! <_<

Edited by 13177

Neutral Newbie

There are alot of hidden junctions in sg or anywhere else. Don't blame the junctions. We drivers need to be alert at all times when behind wheels. Don't wait kanna bang cry here cry there.

I was a reckless driver once. After a huge lesson, i learnt to be alert when driving. No phone no anything just focus on getting to point b faster and safer.

If there's some space I dont see why not let the car clear. But if almost hit you then different thing.

Also cannot blame some drivers. Majority of pedestrian always take their sweet time to clear. Some even look/play with their HP without looking at traffic.

When I'm a pedestrian I always make it a point to walk fast and clear the crossing for cars to pass. Sometimes even run.

Sometimes at those non-junction crossing when I see I'm alone, I dont even press the pedestrian crossing. I wait for cars to clear and ensure it is safe to cross then I proceed. Pointless to make the lights go red and make so many cars stop just for one person to cross. Cause pollution and inconvenient people.

Supercharged

Something new from LTA:

LTA trials flashing pavements at pedestrian crossings

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/lta-trials-flashing-pavements-at-pedestrian-crossings

It seems like gahman is making changes based on shift in pedestrian habit. So next time if pedestrian start looking elsewhere after cellphones are obsoleted, LTA would be installing another new green/red lights in a new location? Is this the right way to do things?

• Praise 1

Dangerous! Some drivers may think the green strip light means they can GO.

They should just keep it simple. KISS.

↡ Advertisement