Ex-TV actor Huang Yiliang charged for hurting woman

Tigershark1976

source: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-tv-actor-huang...ting-woman.html

Former MediaCorp actor Huang Yiliang has been charged in court for voluntarily hurting a woman.

The veteran actor allegedly caused the woman to fall after grabbing her by the neck when he noticed that she did not properly dispose of her dog

↡ Advertisement

Can some people with legal background (and I'm sure there are plenty reading this forum) explain this situation?

Say some ang moh whack me... what must I do to get the person charged in court??

I'm sure we're not getting the full story here - must be that woman did something (fall until break some bones?) or tell something to the police officer that make them decide to charge this actor. Must learn the trick...

Neutral Newbie

We need more pp like Huang Yiliang who dare to voice out in public on any anti-social acts rather than keyboard warriors like me and fellow MCFers..

We need more pp like Huang Yiliang who dare to voice out in public on any anti-social acts rather than keyboard warriors like me and fellow MCFers..

Ya. I got no guts to grab the neck and do a nice headlock of the dogs--t owner and follow through with a facedown slam on the dung.

no matter how many also no use... all ends up in Changi Prison.. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

joke aside, uncle Yiliang is know to be the type to date to voice out when he see thing thats not right... its hard to find such plp in younger gen...

Edited by Tigershark1976

So in this case it is a seizable offence by the AGC?

The woman would have filed a Magistrate's Complaint and the AGC had thus been instructed to investigate and subsequently determined that there were aggravating factors to charge Huang.

Compare this to the case of a local allegedly whacked by a drunk ang mo over a cab:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...on_my_chin.html

So will this local get his justice?

Previous cases of such nature seemed to die of natural death though i.e. no action taken.

So in this case it is a seizable offence by the AGC?

The woman would have filed a Magistrate's Complaint and the AGC had thus been instructed to investigate and subsequently determined that there were aggravating factors to charge Huang.

Compare this to the case of a local allegedly whacked by a drunk ang mo over a cab:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...on_my_chin.html

So will this local get his justice?

Previous cases of such nature seemed to die of natural death though i.e. no action taken.

Any ex-IO or even better ex-DPP like to clarify?

so are u one of the keyboard warriors i guess.

Any ex-IO or even better ex-DPP like to clarify?

Problem is we don't even know whether this is a civil case filed via a Magistrate's Complaint or it was a Police Case to being with.

SINGAPORE - Former MediaCorp actor Huang Yiliang, 49, was charged in court last Wednesday for voluntarily causing hurt to a woman, reported the Shin Min Daily News.

They got into an argument after Huang saw that the woman had let her dog defecate on the road, and did not clean up after it.

According to the Chinese Daily, the altercation between the veteran actor and woman happened on the evening of May 20 this year.

Huang was waiting in his car for his wife and son when he saw the Chinese woman walking her dog.

He confronted her when he saw that the woman failed to pick up after her dog. But the argument soon erupted into a physical fight, with both parties calling the police.

Police slapped Huang with the charge after an investigation.

Huang appeared alone in court last Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.

The case will be heard again this Thurs, Nov 17. Huang is expected to turn up with his lawyer.

If found guilty, he could be jailed a maximum of two years, or fined no more than $5,000, or both.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews...114-310618.html

Must be another PRC woman making a big hoo haa and the root cause of the problem.

Anyone who hit you....JUST HIT BACK LAH. Why go thru legal procedure? Too much money or too much time in yr hands? Do you know it will take a lot of yr time and disrupt yr work & lifestyle? Ppl here obviously dunno what's it like to be involve in a case. Whether it's the victim or the aggressor the case can drag on for a long time and the only winner is the lawyer. If there's no money lost & no one got crippled just settle it there & dan. Just becos yr ego got hurt you wanna sue everyone? So what if you win the case? The aggressor pay compensation & pay fine getting away just by paying his way out. End of the day you still got beaten up. Worth it meh?

He once approached in a carpark to buy his DVD. Hardworking..he tried to sell the DVD one by one.

He is very blunt and straight forward.I like this type of pple. rather than some kukus talking behind pple back.But not all can take this type of stance.

He got my support [thumbsup]

Problem is we don't even know whether this is a civil case filed via a Magistrate's Complaint or it was a Police Case to being with.

Precisely why expert's POV or folks from the other side can give clearer direction here.

This case quite clear is a criminal one now

↡ Advertisement