• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
227 replies to this topic | 247 praises

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

Sunnycrowe
  • Sunnycrowe
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There has been an increase in road works recently.... there was so much digging here n there to lay/maintain underground cables causing lane closures n jams......... but the worst thing is the road reinstatement..... Most were not done properly and caused very bumpy roads..... generally the poor reinstatement are all over the island, but one of the most obvious one i encountered was Somerset rd (near 313)..... ANd there was this HUGE depression when i drive out of prince edward carpark towards ECP city....

To tink that CH 8 just telecast the variety show with Brian Wong working with LTA on the roadworks and showing how they lay the road etc......

Edited by Sunnycrowe, 21 November 2011 - 11:45 PM.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Caravan
  • Caravan
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

LTA website got a feedback page where you can post issues such as this.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

Maka
  • Maka
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There has been an increase in road works recently.... there was so much digging here n there to lay/maintain underground cables causing lane closures n jams......... but the worst thing is the road reinstatement..... Most were not done properly and caused very bumpy roads..... generally the poor reinstatement are all over the island, but one of the most obvious one i encountered was Somerset rd (near 313)..... ANd there was this HUGE depression when i drive out of prince edward carpark towards ECP city....

To tink that CH 8 just telecast the variety show with Brian Wong working with LTA on the roadworks and showing how they lay the road etc......

Dun you think singapore roads are more comparable to JB roads now? Sometimes i wonder whether are we degrading or is JB upgrading? Been going JB quite alot recently, i got to admit their roads are better looking as compared 10 yrs ago.
MILF Lover tiko ranger

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yup, our roads are filled with too many protruding metal covers and joints that jot you whenever you drive through it. Putting on safety belt has another meaning now. If you don't put it on, you will be jotted out from your seat. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kangadrool, 22 November 2011 - 01:53 AM.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ECP also got 1 big pothole....

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Qms
  • Qms
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wow..and LTA wins award for best road
http://news.xin.msn....umentid=5172709

Singapore’s road network is rated the best in the world, in both design and safety.

It received the recognition at the annual Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) awards ceremony held in St Louis, Missouri, on Monday.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) was presented with the Edmund R. Ricker Transportation Safety Council Award for its efforts in improving safety for road users in Singapore.

Only one award is given out in the individual and organisation categories each year.

Past winners of this prestigious international award include the World Bank, and city administrations in America and Australia for their efforts in promoting road safety.

It also clinched the 2011 MIS Asia IT Excellence Award for Best Knowledge Management.

The latest award recognises LTA’s Engineering Project Integration and Collaboration System (EPIC), which facilitates consultation across professional teams for better project integration and decision making.

I guess "safety" doesn't include bumpy roads. laugh.gif

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

Jim
  • Jim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Leftmost lane of West Coast Highway just before Vivo has two gigantic potholes... as of last week when I drove by.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

Good-Carbuyer

So sorry I missed that episode. However, I like to believe somehow he is not responsible for the poorer workmanship of the road re-instatements around.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

By right the gaps should be filled with proper rocks and layers of hard material, before layering the final asphalt in a smooth flat manner.
But many cheat, dump whatever rocks and debris into the hole, and super over compensate the sinking possibility, with a super high hump layer of asphalt!
I hate these humps! LTA never seem to check, or did LTA believe in overcompensating hump-like repair works?

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadays there is really a lot of road works going on everywhere, and the road is getting more and more bumpy! Whenever i sit in a taxi, really make me want to "puke"! unimpressed.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

and it seems that newly surfaced roads are not spared. either, PIE changi, at kallang, you can see holes on the joints on newly surfaces roads...apparently "DUG" up by some heavy veh. isnt our road designed for such vechicles...

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Ctng
  • Ctng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

and it seems that newly surfaced roads are not spared. either, PIE changi, at kallang, you can see holes on the joints on newly surfaces roads...apparently "DUG" up by some heavy veh. isnt our road designed for such vechicles...

lousy road. knn dig here dig there. road so uneven everywhere. nb

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

By right the gaps should be filled with proper rocks and layers of hard material, before layering the final asphalt in a smooth flat manner.
But many cheat, dump whatever rocks and debris into the hole, and super over compensate the sinking possibility, with a super high hump layer of asphalt!
I hate these humps! LTA never seem to check, or did LTA believe in overcompensating hump-like repair works?

They might be forced to. I rem many years ago they said they are using some recycled materials to lay the road, not sure if they are still doing that right now.
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lousy road. knn dig here dig there. road so uneven everywhere. nb

Not only uneven but also many potholes, esp during raining season! wacko.gif
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

Good-Carbuyer

I believe it is the lack of Foremanship in the industry. Many workers knowing next to nothing about it. Contractors awarded based on pricing alone, or previous track record not updated yet. No one keen to check if the contractor(s) able to employ skilled and knowledgeable Foreman to lead the workers. Just blame on materials/machinery.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

TMCTR
  • TMCTR
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah, that one is the most headache one, the one right after Keppel Road and before the twist and turns, 2nd lane got one gigantic one. Can see the scratches on the road, alot people kana already. It's been there since Feb and nobody go and repair it..

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yeah, that one is the most headache one, the one right after Keppel Road and before the twist and turns, 2nd lane got one gigantic one. Can see the scratches on the road, alot people kana already. It's been there since Feb and nobody go and repair it..

it now spread to the 3rd lane liao.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Wreckwrx
  • Wreckwrx
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Job creation...... So that they can hirer contractors to come back to dig up and re-lay the same spot time and again.......
PSN ID: wreckwrx
They call me "Rex"....
Well, it's better than being called a "wreck".

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Nf0rc3r
  • Premium member
    Nf0rc3r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Leftmost lane of West Coast Highway just before Vivo has two gigantic potholes... as of last week when I drove by.

Still there LOL..

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

TMCTR
  • TMCTR
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Aiyoyo.... angry.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Horrible, road, works, Bumpy and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users