Horrible road works = Bumpy roads

Sunnycrowe

Write to this LTA feedback not much use de. Either they reply you on standard replies, or they dispatch contractor to patch up the road anyhow de. 

We can all sense that the root cause is still hiding within, and problem we see now are just the surface. What do you do when you have a problem at work? Jump straight in, or stop to consider whether there's actually a deeper problem that needs attention? If you only fix the symptoms – what you see on the surface – the problem will almost certainly return, and need fixing over, and over again.

They don't even know how long the road can last now, it is everywhere. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/vehicle-damage-due-to-poor-road-conditions-who-is-liable.html

Edited by Odyssey2011

Like what? They are still praying that we are dumb so we will not ask them so much about it and bother them so much.

So who is going to analyse recent years traffic accident and inform our public about their bad road is contributing factor to the many road accidents?

Road not patch well still can drive over.

Mrt track one screw missing means paralysed.

We can all sense that the root cause is still hiding within, and problem we see now are just the surface. What do you do when you have a problem at work? Jump straight in, or stop to consider whether there's actually a deeper problem that needs attention? If you only fix the symptoms – what you see on the surface – the problem will almost certainly return, and need fixing over, and over again.

They don't even know how long the road can last now, it is everywhere. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/vehicle-damage-due-to-poor-road-conditions-who-is-liable.html

This is how they work, only fix the symptoms and hope that the problem would disappear by itself. Too bad problem keeps returning and yet they still cant see the deeper problem. This have been happening everywhere here, not only roads problem.

This is how they work, only fix the symptoms and hope that the problem would disappear by itself. Too bad problem keeps returning and yet they still cant see the deeper problem. This have been happening everywhere here, not only roads problem.

If their bad road is a contributing factor of one serious road accident, then I think they are just waiting for some lawsuits.

Edited by Odyssey2011

My car chassis and suspension is quite stiff, combine with Sg horrible road, it's really unpleasant, even in Malaysia they have better roads compare to sg, but most driver won't feel it because recently I'm driving a courtesy C180, all the rubbish road are almost like glass with the stock suspension but confirm it will wear prematurely... 

Everytime I slow down due to those bloody patch, I will get blast or horn or high beam because of it...

My car chassis and suspension is quite stiff, combine with Sg horrible road, it's really unpleasant, even in Malaysia they have better roads compare to sg, but most driver won't feel it because recently I'm driving a courtesy C180, all the rubbish road are almost like glass with the stock suspension but confirm it will wear prematurely... 

Everytime I slow down due to those bloody patch, I will get blast or horn or high beam because of it...

How to know when one company is avoiding, when you receive just an automate reply to say thank you for your feedback. It is so common in business, when an unhappy customer knock the company door, the boss then quietly sneak out by the back door, instructing this front desk staff to attend and ask that unhappy customer to leave a message as the boss not around.

Maybe try to get MP attention, solve it town by town.

Edited by Odyssey2011

I have no idea why when they patch up the holes, the patch work has to be a raised area, like a hump.

Why can't they just fill it up with the correct amount and flatten it to match the rest of the road so that cars don't have to run over them with a bump ?

My single most suspect is the rule of that of LTA, which I believe is they will SUMMON the contractor if they fill up under spec - aka too little material, in order to save cost. 

So these contractors just dump and over-fill the holes they dug.

At the expense of poor car drivers.

I think if this is true, then LTA need to revise the regulation. 

Stop all those nonsense and visually go on site and check.

Don't be a paper general and only know how to talk, can't work.

I have no idea why when they patch up the holes, the patch work has to be a raised area, like a hump.

Why can't they just fill it up with the correct amount and flatten it to match the rest of the road so that cars don't have to run over them with a bump ?

My single most suspect is the rule of that of LTA, which I believe is they will SUMMON the contractor if they fill up under spec - aka too little material, in order to save cost. 

If only it was properly managed with sufficient and correct monitoring, a tighten QC should be done years ago, so thing may not ended like now. I am sure nobody will allow sub-standard patch up or sub-standard road construction, no matter how frequent piping or cabling or whatever work needed for better economy. No excuse for too frequent construction causing bad road.

If the old way cannot keep up to changing demand, then it becomes obsolete naturally. The old ways won't open new doors.

Edited by Odyssey2011

Supercharged

I discussed this with a friend recently, he has the same question too.

I think fresh tarmac is soft and compressible, patching a seasoned road surface with fresh tarmac, the contractor needs to fill it up like a hump hoping that it will be flatten by vehicles to the same level as the road (ideally)

if they fill it flush, it will sink and form a concave shape that will collect water on the road

The proper way is to resurface rather than patching even it is just a hole to fill

• Praise 2

I have this question also, looks like recent years all patching work would become a hump. Wonder do they have any QC check or not?

I discussed this with a friend recently, he has the same question too.

I think fresh tarmac is soft and compressible, patching a seasoned road surface with fresh tarmac, the contractor needs to fill it up like a hump hoping that it will be flatten by vehicles to the same level as the road (ideally)

if they fill it flush, it will sink and form a concave shape that will collect water on the road

The proper way is to resurface rather than patching even it is just a hole to fill

If patching is knew temporary solution, at minimum this should be closely checked and inspected very frequent.  As nobody wish that only till a fatal accident happen to a biker then we see the re-surface quietly done at the every next midnight.

If so, then no more bulls**t blame all to the frequent construction for better economy, no proper QC implemented also happening. This take our paper scholar general so many years to solve? By adding a platoon of workers to check daily is costing too much till our transportation budget cannot afford?

Now the patching had spread island wide, like a disease and virus.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

Just to share there is aLTA number that we can sms feedback for them to fix pothole and bad patches. The number is 77582. Need to give location as precise as possible. So far they are quite responsive

Just to share there is aLTA number that we can sms feedback for them to fix pothole and bad patches. The number is 77582. Need to give location as precise as possible. So far they are quite responsive

thats great .........  [thumbsup]  

Personally I think someone from LTA shld do a audit after every road work ...  <_< 

now is like anyone can just go dig up the road somewhere .......  [lipsrsealed]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3