Horrible road works = Bumpy roads

Sunnycrowe

As long as you complain, LTA will take a look...so just complain as often as you like.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Since we already pay the highest car taxes around the world, it ought to be expected that the roads "should be" first world class, but we are really worse than Shanghai roads, and Shanghai is at least 5x the size of Singapore....shame on Singapore.

That is very true. I had been traveling to Shanghai very often since the mid 90s. We can see how fast their land transport infrastructure had improved in the past 20 yrs. We had already fall far behind them.

Supersonic

As long as you complain, LTA will take a look...so just complain as often as you like.

You are rigm LTA will take a look but no action from them.

Tuas area is the best place to test your car suspension and chasis.

Ultimate potholes + super uneven road + random road work cone out from no where to test everything.

I drive around Tuas area everyday and I agree with you.

In particular, Pioneer Road that stretch where there is the MRT extension can be quite challenging at times.

name="Yuan" post="5209579" timestamp="1404221100"]

I drive around Tuas area everyday and I agree with you.

In particular, Pioneer Road that stretch where there is the MRT extension can be quite challenging at times.

I swap back to stock suspension from coilover because of those stupid road patch.

That is very true. I had been traveling to Shanghai very often since the mid 90s. We can see how fast their land transport infrastructure had improved in the past 20 yrs. We had already fall far behind them.

Wah 20 years...I have been travelling there for the past 14 years. At one stage didn't understand their traffic system, only even plates on some days and odd plates on others, but they moved on so fast, building bridges. Just look at the 南浦大桥 is an engineering wonder.

Adding the overhead expressways was ingenious way to add more roads. While these highways would spoil the façade somewhat, it is a much cheaper and effective way to tackle the heavy traffic flow, rather than building tunnels the Singapore way. I mean even building tunnels does result in the roads above with full of potholes when the roads sink...probably that's why we are facing all this horrible roads...

You are rigm LTA will take a look but no action from them.

Then just complain more often. Eventually they will fix it de.

5th Gear

I feel the quality control is non-existent. Contractors just suka suka patch until people complain then they redo. Sometimes redo already still cannot make it.

And it seems that to cut costs they use inferior materials and don't patch the whole lane, causing all these unevenness and bumps. [:(]

I feel the quality control is non-existent. Contractors just suka suka patch until people complain then they redo. Sometimes redo already still cannot make it.

And it seems that to cut costs they use inferior materials and don't patch the whole lane, causing all these unevenness and bumps. [:(]

Sometimes complain also no use. The uneven patch/small pot hole on the first lane of the ECP towards west near the NSRCC golf course also never patch.

Another hump that developing into a bigger one is at the big junction of Clementi Rd and Commonwealth Ave West (in front of the S'pore Polytechnic staff condo leading to Dover MRT). Just like a pimple into a boil :excl:

Another hump that developing into a bigger one is at the big junction of Clementi Rd and Commonwealth Ave West (in front of the S'pore Polytechnic staff condo leading to Dover MRT). Just like a pimple into a boil :excl:

Wah that side problem ah...the main road alongside dover mrt towards bouna vista the long stretch middle lane all covered with those like metal sheets for quite some time liao, like dun bother to patch back the road lidat. Car go over will like 'king krong king krong' ....think with all this type of road condition, car suspension lifespan sure half liao [dead]

Supersonic

Then just complain more often. Eventually they will fix it de.

You are right that eventually they will fix it. Remember i complaint unevenness on certain road, LTA took 6 months to fix, and only after i have continue complaining 3 times!

I don't remember it being there in the past...like few months back.

So this hump must have "developed" quite recently.

The hump is quite "heavy" for me.....my steering alignment seems to be out after cruising through that hump. Really not acceptable for such humps to be on an expressways where cars could be driving through it quite fast.

YES!!!

It was like a raised ridge!!!

I kena a loud THUD

How you know your alignment is off?

FC went up?

Maybe LTA will say is new speed bump

not a problem if travelling at 80....

but really pissed and heart pain big time

Upper bukit Timah road is bumpy like hell. I wonder how they patch untill like have hundreds of mini bumps, even it is temp also cannot do half past six job.

Lta got no regulation, third party contractor cut cost or both?

Yes. Near to Havelock exit

like an infection illness, the bump somehow spread to Lane 2. so beware of it

Wah that side problem ah...the main road alongside dover mrt towards bouna vista the long stretch middle lane all covered with those like metal sheets for quite some time liao, like dun bother to patch back the road lidat. Car go over will like 'king krong king krong' ....think with all this type of road condition, car suspension lifespan sure half liao [dead]

Yes, these works are linked to the one that is all along this stretch till Commonwealth MRT (Tanglin Halt / Sheng Siong side).

Dig and patch again and again, hence the metal plate covers. Very bumpy the humpy type.

↡ Advertisement