NTUC Chief: More retrenchments coming

Ahtong

Can you imagine aa scenario next year. Many Singaporeans gets retrenched but the so called foreign talents remain employed.

So called talents are those who have just 2-3 years work experience graduates doings jobs any sporeans can do and are on local package. I seriously wonder how they could even get into spore and get a job here !

This will be a nightmare scenario for the current ruling party, if out of the 4 million citizen, 60% are unemployed.

↡ Advertisement

This will be a nightmare scenario for the current ruling party, if out of the 4 million citizen, 60% are unemployed.

elections isn't due in 5 years, besides Singaporeans have short memory, they will believe that they are retrenched for their own good

elections isn't due in 5 years, besides Singaporeans have short memory, they will believe that they are retrenched for their own good

Once retrenched, it will take a long time to find new job and may not even find one(all Singaporean are choosy mah)

"Retrenchment is good for singapore. If there is no retrenchments, then I worry." - GCT

talking c--k again.

why repeat what the news had mentioned?

as a leader, instead of repeating the news, he should tell his people, what he can do during this short period of impact, how far can we sustain, how much can the govt helps and can we even take some CPF to spend on our necessities?

Ohhh.. CPF no money. =P

That is where I hope the WP mps will bang table in parliament and lead the unemployed sporeans on a road march. With so much noise, the FTs will feel the pressure.

Some of my foreign colleagues could sense the resentment at last elections. However they feel as long as current government allow or invite them in, who cares what the citizens feel

That is where I hope the WP mps will bang table in parliament and lead the unemployed sporeans on a road march. With so much noise, the FTs will feel the pressure.

Some of my foreign colleagues could sense the resentment at last elections. However they feel as long as current government allow or invite them in, who cares what the citizens feel

at least we are still lucky that PRs DO NOT have voting rights.

They are announcing that cuts and retrenchments are inevitable, so it is as good as telling the MNCs to retrench as they deem fit.

But of course, as the head of a labour "union", he can only give very obvious hints and not spell out everything so succinctly. -_-

very irresponsible for a million dollar minister..

vividly remembered that my ex boss used the excuse "government got tell u all prepare for retrenchment right?" and forced 2 old staff to reduce their pay by $500 per month, they are earning only $1200 at the point of time.

The company was doing good despite the so call slow down....

our labour law is not protecting singaporeans from retrenchment..... comparing to the FT, we are all with the same retrenchment benefit, the only diff is work permit issue...

when and where was this said?

2006 i think..the original article was removed from cna already..i wonder why..online search yields no result of any article(s)..hmm