Car accident at junction of Woodlands

Pltang

Ave 12 and Ave 7 junction

couldnt get a pic, but a malaysia merc and a ntuc bus and a motorbike was on the other side

An ambulance was present as well, no fatal it seemed...

And i think the merc driver is female?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

To me, he basically dreaming on the wheel. Just follow the car in front.

Double lanes right turn can be tricky especially for the outer lane vehicles. Don't have clear view compare to the inner lane.

• Praise 3

I think he swerved left to stop at the busstop, maybe trying to catch his breath after the near miss.

Don't look like he knocked into anyone.

wah that latio got mad skills.. freaking heng. did he get into an accident after that though? he swerved to the left but it kinda seems like he hit the other car

• Praise 3

Wah.. That moron didn't even brake and stop after the first car nearly hit but continue.. ... Should gatung licence min 20yrs...

When turning, one should check whether got car coming. If in doubt, wait for the right turn signal light, a few seconds wait won't kill.

• Praise 9

The poor judgement shown by the last right turning car.

Were the latio and lexus/harrier racing against one another?

thats what I felt too, travelling fast + very close

• Praise 3

Interesting crash, Renault driver didn't even stop after near miss with Latio and rx driver only slam brake about 3m from the point of impact. Guess Renault driver sure kena hefty fine and demerit points.

• Praise 1

Wah.. That moron didn't even brake and stop after the first car nearly hit but continue.. ... Should gatung licence min 20yrs...

this accident is not even surprising to me, although it's very unfortunate. It's common seeing people simply monkey-see-monkey-do when it comes driving, right turn, move off from junction.. etc. Blindly following what the cars in front or beside are doing with very little situational awareness.. This fella probably didnt even check incoming traffic before turning, looking at the leisurely pace the car is turning. Oh see the car in front of me is turning, that's great, it must be now safe for me to follow too.

If you don't believe, try inching your car forward when waiting at a red light. Chances are, cars beside you will blindly mimick your action without even checking the lights. I've seen a whole small batch of cars move off during red light just because of this blind herd mentality.

When I drive on a busy road, I try putting my whole focus on the task and not daydreaming. Otherwise, it could very well be the last thing I do in life.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

To some focusing while driving is not mandatory.

this accident is not even surprising to me, although it's very unfortunate. It's common seeing people simply monkey-see-monkey-do when it comes driving, right turn, move off from junction.. etc. Blindly following what the cars in front or beside are doing with very little situational awareness.. This fella probably didnt even check incoming traffic before turning, looking at the leisurely pace the car is turning. Oh see the car in front of me is turning, that's great, it must be now safe for me to follow too.

If you don't believe, try inching your car forward when waiting at a red light. Chances are, cars beside you will blindly mimick your action without even checking the lights. I've seen a whole small batch of cars move off during red light just because of this blind herd mentality.

When I drive on a busy road, I try putting my whole focus on the task and not daydreaming. Otherwise, it could very well be the last thing I do in life.

that freaking junction have to many accidents and when i am a pedestrian waiting for the lights to cross i make sure i dont cross the zebra crossing ....too many vehicle speeding! Need only someone to miss timed or simply a blur cork to cause an accident. Luckily that Latio fella didnt lose control and hit the pedestrians at the traffic light.

Same for pedestrians.....one cross others follow...the lead is the modern day pied piper.

Allowing right turn while traffic going straight on green is dangerous.

We've seen that in many traffic junctions, until the signalling is change, example, Yishun Ave 1 and Ave 2 junction.

↡ Advertisement