Local Workshop that opens till midnight?

Versatile

Hi Bros,

Was wondering is there any local workshops that opens till midnight? I know Motec @ pioneer road is one of them but heard very negative feedbacks.

Aside from Motec, is there any? Jobscope should be mostly all.. like changing of exhaust, installation of accessories and misc.

↡ Advertisement

what are the negative remarks about motec? someone recently recommended me as they stayed open overnight, but curious to know about negative comments before I go.

Extracted from a forums.

1.)This place seriously is the worst place i have ever been to.

When arrive, always approach by the main in charge & he is always talking at a very rude attitude. example " What you want " before entering or checking any inquiry.

Case 1. Changing Battery on my ride, they wanted to use cable tide as the bracket was unable to fit it. the word actually speak out from a mechanic!! i told them i do not want to do that as its a common sense that will be dangerous on the road. Eventually he says back, " den you have no choice but to get a smaller watt ".

Case 2. Fix my Upmax 301 VS. they told me that due to one more cable that links to Alternator, they are unable to do it & still have the cheek to say how about just fixing the VS without linking to alternator.

All the above is more den enough for me not visiting the place anymore.

Hope all bro out here take note although it seems that they are open till late, still will not be a wise choice. Evil or Very Mad

2.) Bro, My case worst, i change my mid pipe only, the china man mechanic do it, and the following is my encounter;

1) Because the stock mid too long(this is what they said) they remove my rear coilover spring den i think he no brain or what, make my newly installed coilover spring to drop from the car to the ground(because they did catch it and don't bother to catch also), not from low position somemore, they had jack up the car at around 1.8mtr high already, i super heart ache newly installed only he drop it like nobody business(I believe everyone will feel the same when u pay so much for the coilover and is new one some more) I straight go complain to the supervisor and ask him monitor him properly and closely,

2) when mid pipe done changing, they should be tightening the bolt of the coilover but they did not, until few days later when the funny sound from the back den i go do a check outside, the mechanic say already very dangerous because they did not tighten the bolt and it loosen until finger strengh also can turn the bolt and resulting my life in danger, I had told the motec supervisor to monitor closely already that day, still this can happen. Dunno how they manage pple one.

Bros here do consider which workshop to go if you still wan your life. I STRONGLY DON'T RECOMMEND this workshop.

Edited by Versatile

If its servicing/changing of exhaust (without welding) etc...can try R2D at Enterprise Centre at Bukit Batok.

If you wanna fit accesssories...JB plenty....not on the ball one close at 6-7pm. Quite on the ball one 10pm...super on the ball one will remain open pass midnight.

If its servicing/changing of exhaust (without welding) etc...can try R2D at Enterprise Centre at Bukit Batok.

If you wanna fit accesssories...JB plenty....not on the ball one close at 6-7pm. Quite on the ball one 10pm...super on the ball one will remain open pass midnight.

Thanks bro.

2330 sounds fine.

Appreciated.

Edited by Versatile

R2D is the man!!!!!!!!! But best u give them a call first before heading down. I think now they are overseas till end of nov. Not Enterprise Centre, is Unity Centre.

i don't think they always open till midnight but still late.

Edited by Mockngbrd

R2D is the man!!!!!!!!! But best u give them a call first before heading down. I think now they are overseas till end of nov. Not Enterprise Centre, is Unity Centre.

Understand that it's a pro-workshop for BMW. Does they entertain other cars aside from BM?

How about price wise?

I only know how to go nia...hahahahaha

Thanks for correcting me.

Understand that it's a pro-workshop for BMW. Does they entertain other cars aside from BM?

How about price wise?

i do see other makes there. so yes they do.

I think it's good value for $. Rodney is a very knowledgeable dude.

WhiteSnail isn't really cheap... His price definitely is slightly more ex than market... But you will gain knowledge with decent workmanship from him...

R2D pricing wise how.. ? Never been to or heard of them before...

Any JB WS to recommend that opens till midnight or thereabouts.. ?

My regular workshop only operates fm 8.30am - 5.30pm.... sometimes later depending on their last job.

So if I need to get something done and my schedule does not permit me to send in the car in the morning, my arrangement with the workshop is that I will park my car over at their workshop the night before and deposit my keys into their mail box. Then they will work on my car the next morning and they will try to get it ready by lunch.

But again if I'm busy and I can't step away from work, then they will leave the car at the car park and I will retrieve the car in the evening after work using my spare key...... I will only collect back my original keys when I visit them subsequently to make my payment for the job. Usually I try not to take longer than a week to settle the bill.

I love this arrangement but I guess it stems from going back to the same workshop for more than 6 yrs......

WhiteSnail isn't really cheap... His price definitely is slightly more ex than market... But you will gain knowledge with decent workmanship from him...

R2D pricing wise how.. ? Never been to or heard of them before...

Any JB WS to recommend that opens till midnight or thereabouts.. ?

I agreed. The price isn't cheap. In fact, i don't need to gain knowledge or superior workmanship. Just have to decent tools to fix and no left over for me to tabao can already.

I also interested to know which part of JB has 24/7 workshop.. i heard from friends before but never know e exact location.

↡ Advertisement