Search
before turn ignition

• Search this thread
41 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

Dfx16
  • Dfx16
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Some of my friends did it
I ask them why they couldnt explain also
What's the pro?

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is the worst thing to do.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Dfx16
  • Dfx16
    5th Gear

This is the worst thing to do.

Why? What's the con then?

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    NOS-ed

ish to hao lian

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

Ginkgobaby
  • Ginkgobaby
    Neutral Newbie

i understand that the purpose is to charge up your battery...

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Escksu
  • Escksu
    3rd Gear

Why do you want to rev the engine before turning off the key???

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

Escksu
  • Escksu
    3rd Gear

i understand that the purpose is to charge up your battery...

I don't think the time is sufficient to charge up the batt though. Unless you rev the engine for at least 30min.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    Turbocharged

Why? What's the con then?

First, it is like your avatar ant crawling over the computer screen - damn irritating. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

If you have driven a carb car, you'll know it will be difficult to start later as engine will be flooded with excess fuel, wet plugs, foul plugs........

For fuel injected engine, dead.gif dead.gif dead.gif

I also come across those who rev at initial start up on fuel injected engine. It's accident waiting to happen.

Edited by Kangadrool, 27 November 2011 - 11:43 PM.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Nf0rc3r
  • Nf0rc3r

Con is not moving u rev. Engine heat up with no cool air going in. Den u shut down after that lagi best.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    Turbocharged

In fact, one should shut down aircon and all electricals and wait for the rpm to drop to normal idling speed before shutting down (if you'd revved too much for the last metre).

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

Opel17
  • Premium member
    Opel17
    5th Gear

Based on my car owner manual, revving the engine before shutdown is not necessary and serve no useful purpose.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Cdior
  • Cdior
    4th Gear

Things that stupid people do.

400 NM to U!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    6th Gear

it is to tell your car that "Car, I reached liao!". lipsrsealed.gif

anyway, joke aside, what i heard before from the "old uncles" are, the old type of cars need to do that so that the next start-up will be easy.
true or not, i also don't know. laugh.gif

Ladykillerz

Above all!~~~  [angel] 

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    Turbocharged

it is to tell your car that "Car, I reached liao!". lipsrsealed.gif

anyway, joke aside, what i heard before from the "old uncles" are, the old type of cars need to do that so that the next start-up will be easy.
true or not, i also don't know. laugh.gif

In fact, it's the reverse. Engine flooded!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

If I'm not wrong...this is the practise mAny year ago when car is using carburetor and not electronics fuel injection...it is to "wet" the carburetor so the next start is easier ..to have a better fuel and air mix....I might be wrong

Edited by LoverofCar, 28 November 2011 - 12:55 AM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed

i thought its tap accelerator once when start nia.

off no need step?

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear

No, i don't do it anymore -- only on my Starlet.

there WAS a good reason to do this, especially for cars in yesteryears.

a blip just before cutting off the engine would help leave residual fuel in the carburetor. this helps in cold starts.

there's no reason to do it for cars running EFI. it's bad because you blow unnecessary fumes and make unnecessary noise.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Some of my friends did it
I ask them why they couldnt explain also
What's the pro?

What kind of friends u have? Still driving a carb engine car???

Nowadays with modern engines, no need to do such stupid things lah

Do your friends want to have a choke pull handle to be installed below the dashboard??!!

LOL

Edited by Donut, 28 November 2011 - 01:28 AM.

"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed

What kind of friends u have? Still driving a carb engine car???

Nowadays with modern engines, no need to do such stupid things lah

Do your friends want to have a choke pull handle to be installed below the dashboard??!!

LOL

i drove once with that nia. datsun 120Y nod.gif i think she has become one with some random building liao. bigcry.gif
you thought i was talking about you? BAZINGA PUNK!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    NOS-ed

Say before Liao is to hao lian one...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users