How often do I need to change tyres and battery?

Majordan

Message added by kobayashiGT

674381796_WhatsAppImage2020-10-21at8_56_52AM.thumb.jpeg.a7cff1349ce64806094384dc3ab1e1d3.jpeg

These are all the problem you could be facing when you didn't properly maintain your tyres!

my ride is coming to 2 yrs so wondering if I should change battery or tyres? my prev ride kenna battery die 2 times but that was after 2 yrs close to 3 yrs

↡ Advertisement

my ride is coming to 2 yrs so wondering if I should change battery or tyres? my prev ride kenna battery die 2 times but that was after 2 yrs close to 3 yrs

As long as the tire are in roadworthy, your can use them (ever stock used over 6 years). Battery will be case by case.

• Praise 1

battery ard 2 years if u drive everyday.

i have a car that drive 2 - 3 time per week, battery last 3years +

omg u cant use tyres for 6 years. the rubber already harden. dangerous

• Praise 1

i change my battery every 2 yrs, same day same interval, regardless of mileage,usage etc...never once did battery fail me for the pass 8yrs of driving. as for tyres, general rule is 40000-50000km but it depends on usage n visual inspection plus feeling while u are driving. if u feel it lose traction more often over wet surfaces and visually the indicators are showing,time to change even if its not yet hit the mileage interval.

Tyres needs to change at least every 40K to 50K depends on the condition and driving habits. Even you seldom drive the car, tyres also cannot used for 6 years la, rubber will harden even you are under usage.

Battery usually last from 1 year plus to 2 year. If your battery already more than 1.5 years, better change before it failed you. Cause sometimes there is no sign in failing battery.

My super4 tyres never changed since bought in 2005. Bought car in 2008.

I still ride my super4 bike, leaning in corners and in wet roads.

The Dunlop motorcycle tyres still got good grip. The threads still very deep.

yes...pls dun change cos, the day you go under a truck, lorry, we all here happy....pls pls dun change

i give u $$$ not to change [:p][:p][:p]

Any recommendation if car has voltage measurement.

I.e. do we monitor starting voltage, or ongoing...?

stablise at 14.1 or 14.2V .

If on aircon at low temperature, 13.9V

If you look at the tyres carefully, there will be a lot of hairline cracks now.

When the car is running, it's the voltage from the alternator. If you do see any voltage drop below 12V, it's about time to change the alternator.

For battery, when you turn on the key to start the car, check the voltage dip . If it drops below 10V, you need to change the battery immediately. Normally it's best to change battery around every 12-15 months for safety sake.

Any recommendation if car has voltage measurement.

I.e. do we monitor starting voltage, or ongoing...?

stablise at 14.1 or 14.2V .

If on aircon at low temperature, 13.9V

This is very poor advice.

As long as the tire are in roadworthy, your can use them (ever stock used over 6 years). Battery will be case by case.

Edited by Jchuacl

yes...pls dun change cos, the day you go under a truck, lorry, we all here happy....pls pls dun change

How much you sponsor? I double can not? :huh:

Wah good kang tou I also wan! [:p][laugh]

battery ard 2 years if u drive everyday.

i have a car that drive 2 - 3 time per week, battery last 3years +

omg u cant use tyres for 6 years. the rubber already harden. dangerous

4 out of 5, one after another, the 6-years+ stock tire on my first car bought brand new, burst (I did not take note of the manufactured date).

Here is my take for tires, every tire at the sie wall there is a triangle mark, this mark indicates when to change your tires, when the face of the tire is worn till it almost reaches the apex of the triangle, it is time to have the tire replaced. See attached picture.

Tire-sidewall-triangle-mark.jpg

• Praise 2

My POSB savings account number is 89-29125-69

Please double up or triple down.

I will go change a new Diablo tyre once I received $$$.

Thanks.

How much you sponsor? I double can not? :huh:

U joking right?

The triangle shows where the wear down marks are on the face of the thread.

If reall as you say.....then all tyres will be botak and yet will not touch the tip of the triangle.

Here is my take for tires, every tire at the sie wall there is a triangle mark, this mark indicates when to change your tires, when the face of the tire is worn till it almost reaches the apex of the triangle, it is time to have the tire replaced. See attached picture.

↡ Advertisement