Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

From Borneo, they are offering the below.

Think it's only for the ES300h. 

Think for normal ES250 only have standard 3 years warranty.

5 Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty + 3 Years Servicing + 10 Years Hybrid Battery Warranty*

*ES Hybrid: The manufacturer covers the 1st to 3rd year and Borneo Motors Singapore covers the 4th to 10th year of the hybrid battery warranty.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

From Borneo, they are offering the below.

Think it's only for the ES300h.

Think for normal ES250 only have standard 3 years warranty.

5 Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty + 3 Years Servicing + 10 Years Hybrid Battery Warranty*

*ES Hybrid: The manufacturer covers the 1st to 3rd year and Borneo Motors Singapore covers the 4th to 10th year of the hybrid battery warranty.

I think all lexus cars have 5 year warranty now...it is cash cow for them, force owner to go back to service. 1 year at least 1+k.

Hey guys, just got a used IS. I was told by BM that i have to service every 10000KM with them if not warranty would be void. Can anyone advise? TIA

Of course no free lunch, u don't service with them, they will prob refuse to entertain you if you claim warranty. Same with most ADs. Either wait till warranty over or heck the warranty and just go outside all the way

any owners of the NX200T here can offer their views?

I just checked it out today and test drove it. from price point of view at 31-34k discount on top of free insurance, it looks attractive. 

But I'm new to lexus, not sure on the reliability and the aftersales service level.

owned audi, merc and BMW before. Premium auto has decent service for S and RS owner. I find cycle and carriage so so.  Performance motors also not too bad. How does lexus aftersales compare?

Supercharged

I just checked it out today and test drove it. from price point of view at 31-34k discount on top of free insurance, it looks attractive.

But I'm new to lexus, not sure on the reliability and the aftersales service level.

owned audi, merc and BMW before. Premium auto has decent service for S and RS owner. I find cycle and carriage so so. Performance motors also not too bad. How does lexus aftersales compare?

NX is good drive. However interior quality slightly below Audi and the newest MBs.

Reliability will be it's strong point as it is typically as reliable as Toyotas.

For those upgrading from Japanese car, this will offer premium experience with peace of mind.

Service for aftersales is very good but you pay for it. About 1100-1500 per year for normal servicings.

• Praise 1

Indeed, I had the same experience.  While the car is running in, the driver is too.

The same for the sound system and acoustic, switching car model I do take time to adjust and like it eventually.

Just completed my 5K servicing on my GS200T. I would gladly say that I'm a much happier owner than ever coz the car seems to perform much better (pick up is good) while maintaining its Lexus refinement. Also the looks grows on you over time and the car remains an uncommon sight on the road.  I am happy that I saw just 2 other fellow GS200T owner on the road to date. That's cool to me ;-)

• Praise 1

4th Gear

Congratulations.  It's crucial to like the car after spending so much on it.

I supposed Lexus cars are always a joy to ride, albeit with slight idiosyncrasies between models.

Just completed my 5K servicing on my GS200T. I would gladly say that I'm a much happier owner than ever coz the car seems to perform much better (pick up is good) while maintaining its Lexus refinement. Also the looks grows on you over time and the car remains an uncommon sight on the road.  I am happy that I saw just 2 other fellow GS200T owner on the road to date. That's cool to me ;-)

owned audi, merc and BMW before. Premium auto has decent service for S and RS owner. I find cycle and carriage so so.  Performance motors also not too bad. How does lexus aftersales compare?

How do you find the drive? Spec is good, 7.1 seconds 0-100km/h, with powerful engine. But when I test drove it, can't feel the car is as responsive as expected from the specifications. Maybe it's new engine or Lexus has turned the engine and transmission too much for smoothness vs performance.

NX 200t has Lexus first turbo engine, still too early to comment on reliability, but, coming from Toyota group, it can't be wrong.

• Praise 1

I've been driving the NX200T Luxury for the last two months, I prefer driving in Sport mode as the engine and transmission are much more responsive, allowing me to get up to speed faster then I can just cruise. FC isn't hit much as I cruise more now, compared to accelerating more in Comfort mode. Don't expect it to perform like a GTI, it accelerates well enough for Singapore roads but it's still an SUV.

The only thing I dislike somewhat is the entertainment console, it's quite backwards in design and functionality, esp voice commands which are literally confined to calling people who you have set up with recorded voice tags. The navigation is not user friendly and there's no traffic integration for our country. Some Luxury owners have a poor FM signal too (mono sounding), we suspect it's due to the GPS antenna, the base model doesn't have this problem.

Some things I noted buying a Lexus:

Like most test drives, the demo cars are on normal tyres and give you a firm ride. You can swap them out for better tyres to improve the comfort and handling.

The aftersales service and routine servicing are overall better experiences than the other premium brands I've owned. Don't get me wrong, the rest are still good, but I feel that Lexus is half a star better. Reliability-wise, my BMW n Audi had a few different problems from the first-day, the NX feels better put together and I am glad I can enjoy the car without thinking when the next problem will surface.

Hope this is useful.

• Praise 7

How do you find the drive? Spec is good, 7.1 seconds 0-100km/h, with powerful engine. But when I test drove it, can't feel the car is as responsive as expected from the specifications. Maybe it's new engine or Lexus has turned the engine and transmission too much for smoothness vs performance.

NX 200t has Lexus first turbo engine, still too early to comment on reliability, but, coming from Toyota group, it can't be wrong.

My previous ride was a GS450h with superb pick-up that often made my rear passenger feel nauseated. Haha. So it was only natural that I felt hint of regrets with the sluggish pick-up initially. However, I no longer have issue with the pickup performance after the 1K & 5K servicing, using 98 octane petrol and maybe after getting a good understanding of the car's characteristics. So I am having good fun with more than adequate performance and solid level of refinements now. I usually set to NORM drive mode for my daily drive as I feel that SPORTS mode is too uncomfortable for Singapore's starts-n-stop traffic city roads.

Lexus's priority is always on comfort & luxury so I am amazed by their 1st turbo engine for retaining the DNA.

My personal view is that GS200T aims to offer better drive than GS250 and BMW 520 but maybe not 528 in terms of sprint performance.

Albeit GS450h/GS350 are still the Lexus fans' favourite if one is willing to fork out extra >$50K for better engine setup, the GS200T offers a good balance between luxury, performance & price point.

• Praise 3

.... Reliability-wise, my BMW n Audi had a few different problems from the first-day, the NX feels better put together and I am glad I can enjoy the car without thinking when the next problem will surface.

Hope this is useful.

Yes, Lexus/Toyota generally more reliable compared to competitor.

Previously got a brand new merc - wiper judder/not smooth from first few days, moisture enter headlamp, sometimes jerky 7G tronic (on hard acceleration), dvd occasionally stucked/jam, license plate bulb blow prematurely, autoboot occasionally malfunction.....then the usual excessive irritating German brake dust blackening the front rims!

But temptation to drive with the shining pointed star on the bonnet still strong.

• Praise 3

anyone driving ls460?

how do you check if the car comes originally fitted with air matic?

My previous ride was a GS450h with superb pick-up that often made my rear passenger feel nauseated. Haha. So it was only natural that I felt hint of regrets with the sluggish pick-up initially. However, I no longer have issue with the pickup performance after the 1K & 5K servicing, using 98 octane petrol and maybe after getting a good understanding of the car's characteristics. So I am having good fun with more than adequate performance and solid level of refinements now. I usually set to NORM drive mode for my daily drive as I feel that SPORTS mode is too uncomfortable for Singapore's starts-n-stop traffic city roads.

Lexus's priority is always on comfort & luxury so I am amazed by their 1st turbo engine for retaining the DNA.

My personal view is that GS200T aims to offer better drive than GS250 and BMW 520 but maybe not 528 in terms of sprint performance.

Albeit GS450h/GS350 are still the Lexus fans' favourite if one is willing to fork out extra >$50K for better engine setup, the GS200T offers a good balance between luxury, performance & price point.

gs450 battery - is the lasting? how long before replacing?

• Praise 1

owned audi, merc and BMW before. Premium auto has decent service for S and RS owner. I find cycle and carriage so so. Performance motors also not too bad. How does lexus aftersales compare?

Reliability good

After sales service i think best after having experience with PA, PML and C&C.

But then again its a lexus, some people may like some people may not. Many still have that image perception of overpriced toyota. Handling also inferior to its rival but comfort level is good

But to add on, i personally feel lexus turbo has a long way to be able to compete with german rivals

• Praise 2

Saw some 2007 IS250 on SGCM. Looks pretty good.

Thinking of buying and renew coe later.

Is IS250 a reliable ride?

• Praise 1

All Lexus are reliable
  • Praise 1

been driving my is250 for almost 6 years, only changed absorber, belt. Nothing else and no major issues.

Changed all the oils when I first bought mine.

• Praise 1

Reliability cost is already factor into the selling price with no refund and guarantee [;)]  

• Praise 1

anyone driving ls460?

how do you check if the car comes originally fitted with air matic?

gs450 battery - is the lasting? how long before replacing?

I have an LS460 which is very, very addictive. It has airmatic suspensions making the ride like a magic carpet. 385 BHP power and silence in the cabin. That being said, I have just been told by my service agent ( not BM ) that I have a small leak and the front dampers will need to be changed in a few months.  Will cost over 3 K altogether. BM had informed me about the some issue a year ago at my last service with them and offered to change all 4 for over 16K !!. Personally I don't feel anything with handling, ride but hear an occasion creak from the suspect damper. Will sort it out eventually!

• Praise 1

I have an LS460 which is very, very addictive. It has airmatic suspensions making the ride like a magic carpet. 385 BHP power and silence in the cabin. That being said, I have just been told by my service agent ( not BM ) that I have a small leak and the front dampers will need to be changed in a few months.  Will cost over 3 K altogether. BM had informed me about the some issue a year ago at my last service with them and offered to change all 4 for over 16K !!. Personally I don't feel anything with handling, ride but hear an occasion creak from the suspect damper. Will sort it out eventually!

how can we identify whether its a airmatic or not? what my is your car?

i got a quote from stockist around 4k+ and 2 months leadtime. have you considered changing to normal suspension?

↡ Advertisement