Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Hi hi just wanna check if anyone is driving the 2017 is200t?

And is the F sports model worth a buy?

Am deciding between is200t f sports and c200 coupe amg line

It's a very personal choice. The design philosophy between Japanese and German cars is very different, besides the obvious fact that one has 4 doors while the other has 2.

I read that the suspension for the F-Sport model can be quite hard (compared to the standard IS200t) but I haven't tried it myself.

↡ Advertisement

It's a very personal choice. The design philosophy between Japanese and German cars is very different, besides the obvious fact that one has 4 doors while the other has 2.

I read that the suspension for the F-Sport model can be quite hard (compared to the standard IS200t) but I haven't tried it myself.

Any major issues with the new IS turbo?

Cause this will be our first lexus if we confirm.

Haven't owned the car very long to comment on that. The 2 litre turbo engine is also a relatively new one in Lexus' lineup and has been introduced only a few years ago - too short to conclude on the long term reliability of the engine.

Power-wise, my personal view is that it's not as immediate as the German makes but that might be attributable to Lexus' emphasis on comfort than outright performance.

Haven't owned the car very long to comment on that. The 2 litre turbo engine is also a relatively new one in Lexus' lineup and has been introduced only a few years ago - too short to conclude on the long term reliability of the engine.

Power-wise, my personal view is that it's not as immediate as the German makes but that might be attributable to Lexus' emphasis on comfort than outright performance.

Hi hi u driving the is200t?

Executive or f sports model?

Been driving it for few months. The experience is trouble free and superlative. It is perfect for my driving style, which is comfort oriented with the occasional spirited acceleration when mood desires. Mine is the Exec version. Best is just go for a test drive. 

Supercharged

The same turbo engine was first used with NX and RX. I have the NX for 1.5years, so far so good.

New IS 2017 the specs even for Exec are superb - ventilated leather seats; factory NAV with 10" screen.

Just recommend you negotiate for more free servicing, I think default they only give 1st year free. Their servicing is pretty expensive.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The same turbo engine was first used with NX and RX. I have the NX for 1.5years, so far so good.

New IS 2017 the specs even for Exec are superb - ventilated leather seats; factory NAV with 10" screen.

Just recommend you negotiate for more free servicing, I think default they only give 1st year free. Their servicing is pretty expensive.

(edited)

I'm driving the IS200t Executive.

Perfect in all aspects for me, except that it's damn slow moving off from stationary and there's no LTA approved exhaust to spice up the aural excitement a little.

Oh ya, I prefer the F Sport front bumper and digital cluster but I feel it's too expensive for just that plus the rims and adaptive suspension, both of which I will change out anyway.

Reliability wise, I am not worried at all, having owned 2 Italian cars before so a jap is the least of my worries.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

I'm driving the IS200t Executive.

Perfect in all aspects for me, except that it's damn slow moving off from stationary and there's no LTA approved exhaust to spice up the aural excitement a little.

Oh ya, I prefer the F Sport front bumper and digital cluster but I feel it's too expensive for just that plus the rims and adaptive suspension, both of which I will change out anyway.

Reliability wise, I am not worried at all, having owned 2 Italian cars before so a jap is the least of my worries.

I think ECU will adapt to your driving style.  Try driving 2 days as if you steal it.  The launch might be better.

Hi all just booked the f sports model with my wife.

Hopefully will enjoy the ride!

I think i gotten quite a good deal i hope

• Praise 3

Bro good choice man.

Enjoy ur ride

Bro good choice man.

Enjoy ur ride

Very expensive buy... Hopefully no regrets getting car next week cause got ex stock on our preferred setup n colour

Interested to know what's your fuel consumption like. I'm getting about 10km/l.

I'm getting 8.x

Good choice! 210k?

Very expensive buy... Hopefully no regrets getting car next week cause got ex stock on our preferred setup n colour

Bro what color u buy sia?

Anw i am doing 11.5km/l

My consumption around 8.x km/l close to 9. I think first few months usually consumption not as good.

Btw which brand product are you guys using for leather upholstery care? Lexus uses 3M products, but seems hard to find although possible to order online. Thanks

Anyone keen to buy over a white lexus to renew coe?

parf $20,150

Not sure if there is a better thread than this to post this topic. apologise if this is a wrong plac

• Dislike 2

What is the omv for your car?
↡ Advertisement