Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

just tested with me puting car to D and R and my wife walking around the car.

when in D only front 3 sensor beep ( left,front and right)

when in p only front 2 sensor (left and right) and rear 3 sensor (left, mid and rear) works.

is it normal?

↡ Advertisement

Just curious.. anybody knows why are the rear transmission tunnels so wide and tall for the IS and GS?

I understand that they are RWD.

But there are many other RWD cars out there, and their rear transmission tunnels aren't so wide and tall.

hmm...

From what I know, Toyota engineers insisted on a straight line from engine to gearbox to rear differential in order to minimise vibrations that may arise from a slightly kinked design. That resulted in higher transmission tunnel.

The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection mah...

Edited by Toeknee_33

From what I know, Toyota engineers insisted on a straight line from engine to gearbox to rear differential in order to minimise vibrations that may arise from a slightly kinked design. That resulted in higher transmission tunnel.

The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection mah...

That's a good one!  Relentless Pursuit of Perfection.

I love the IS and GS for their rear wheel drives.  But the gigantic transmission tunnel is quite a turn-off for my folks who are sitting at the back..  I shall enjoy my IS till its COE expire in 3 years' time, then maybe retire to ES..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

just tested with me puting car to D and R and my wife walking around the car.

when in D only front 3 sensor beep ( left,front and right)

when in p only front 2 sensor (left and right) and rear 3 sensor (left, mid and rear) works.

is it normal?

No.... All should be active all the time

Turbocharged

IIRC the last time I test...when put to P in front no sound de wor. But can't remember behind. Ok tmr I test again :)

• Praise 1

put to P no sound. mine too

IIRC the last time I test...when put to P in front no sound de wor. But can't remember behind. Ok tmr I test again :)

• Praise 1

Need to check the manual.

1zvbgy1.jpg

Front corner sensors - at all times

Front centre sensors - except during Reverse

Rear sensors - only during Reverse

• Praise 6

My prev GS, rear sensors are never active during D mode. Or else those pesky motorcyclists weaving behind and squeezing from the rear will be damn irritating. but when they managed to squeeze to the front  while in jam, that is when it gets real irritating. Have to press the button to deactivate it temporarily.

• Praise 3

My prev GS, rear sensors are never active during D mode. Or else those pesky motorcyclists weaving behind and squeezing from the rear will be damn irritating. but when they managed to squeeze to the front while in jam, that is when it gets real irritating. Have to press the button to deactivate it temporarily.

Mine beeped suddenly once while driving.

End up it was a leaf stuck there

• Praise 3

My prev GS, rear sensors are never active during D mode. Or else those pesky motorcyclists weaving behind and squeezing from the rear will be damn irritating. but when they managed to squeeze to the front  while in jam, that is when it gets real irritating. Have to press the button to deactivate it temporarily.

On a bad day , I will drive that car off the cliff ........  [grin]

• Praise 9

did the red wind this morning. did not notice any difference in door closing but those noise from lorry/bus/motorcycle is much much reduce. 

i feel, still better than last time ba. or at least, it has to be!  [smash]

but door closing confirm got difference. need to slam harder and the sound is a solid thud.

• Praise 1

did the red wind this morning. did not notice any difference in door closing but those noise from lorry/bus/motorcycle is much much reduce.

Are your doors soundproofed?

My rear doors are not, so it's harder to close it. Need to use more force than usual.

Yup the bus motor lorry noise is very much reduced. But wind noise, still have a bit right?

mine is virgin stock, no after market sound proof done.

i asked if it can be done at the all around rubber tube along the door itself but they said is difficult to dismantle and the rubber is too curvy.

was driving along KPE sticking to 90km/h so not to sure if wind noise improved. will check out tomorrow.

Are your doors soundproofed?

My rear doors are not, so it's harder to close it. Need to use more force than usual.

Yup the bus motor lorry noise is very much reduced. But wind noise, still have a bit right?

mine is virgin stock, no after market sound proof done.

i asked if it can be done at the all around rubber tube along the door itself but they said is difficult to dismantle and the rubber is too curvy.

was driving along KPE sticking to 90km/h so not to sure if wind noise improved. will check out tomorrow.

If driving along KPE, can check if it's iso resistant to burning teksi smoke....

If driving along KPE, can check if it's iso resistant to burning teksi smoke....

Lol were you one of them stuck there. Edited by Earthboy

Turbocharged

Need to cut the stock rubber seal to insert the Redwind? How they sealed it back after that?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1