Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Turbocharged

If talking abt changing the original screen to touch screen...i think it's a bit too far from driver's position ba?

↡ Advertisement

Bro, do you mean you wanna change the head unit? Actually HU is ok, just change the speakers I suppose.

change HU...the speaker is very good enough.

I have hundred of chinese songs, the current HU can't read chinese  [bigcry]

Not a big deal, i can rename all my chinese songs name to Han yu pin yin. 

If talking abt changing the original screen to touch screen...i think it's a bit too far from driver's position ba?

yup agree is too far..

or maybe is there any software upgrade that i can pay, and it can read chinese? this will solve everything :)

I have hundred of chinese songs, the current HU can't read chinese [bigcry]

yup agree is too far..

or maybe is there any software upgrade that i can pay, and it can read chinese? this will solve everything :)

I donno leh, even on computer Some Chinese on disk cannot be read.

Changing HU is big investment even is you can get one. Speakers if good enough for you. I'd suggest you live with it.

I had ML system. After sound proofing sounds better. This I Never care if it reads Chinese:b

Hi Lexus folks, anyone have experience changing out their stock tyres with TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) at a 3rd party dealer?  Can't seem to find any info to indicate if the TPMS will be an issue if the tyres are not installed by Borneo Motors.

Good morning bro,

sorry for the late reply, my last login was more than a week ago - ignore  my message if you have change your tyres.

For the manufacturer install TPMS, should not be any problem or issue. Your IS300h should have similar system as my ES300h.

Replaced all 4 tyres at AL (near Payalebar/Caltex/Cisco) instead of Borneo as i prefer to choose my own brand. After changing, the sensor will spontaneously detect, no need to do anything. But it may take a few minutes to complete the whole automatic set up. The tyre mechanic will know, do not disturb the tyre valve.

Stick to the correct tyre size and  profile.

Speed rating or load can be the same or higher.

Changing to new tyres every 30-40K km for normal usage saloon cars is perhaps is a good practice, to avoid unnecessary lost of control on wet roads. If obviously looks worn out (some tyres have marker), change too even if onlly 20K km (or if more than 4 yrs).

• Praise 2

anyone have change their in-car-entertainment system before for new ES250?

I thought of changing to touch screen type, wondering if there is any at the market.

In my opinion, for the sake of warranty, leave the head unit alone.

Wiser to leave such integrated system (some with Mark Levinson) untouch.

Borneo lexus too, generally will be very particular abt this.

However, Borneo toyota seems less stringent (from my personal experience, not sure if universal).

Understand the lexus GPS a bit outdated, and to update is expensive with long waiting time, hence i gave up.

Hope new lady Borneo Motors staff (reported in ST)  able to change that..

• Praise 2

In my opinion, for the sake of warranty, leave the head unit alone.

Wiser to leave such integrated system (some with Mark Levinson) untouch.

Borneo lexus too, generally will be very particular abt this.

However, Borneo toyota seems less stringent (from my personal experience, not sure if universal).

Understand the lexus GPS a bit outdated, and to update is expensive with long waiting time, hence i gave up.

Hope new lady Borneo Motors staff (reported in ST) able to change that..

Agree. For integrated systems, best to not touch. At most, change to a better set of speakers.

Mine is non ML, the sound really CMI. Plus the engine and exhaust note is not inspiring.. so I went to do up the full works for ICE.

Went for servicing, BM never said anything too.

Even if they kao peh, there's nothing I can do also.

But I'm pretty confident of Jap cars' reliability. And my ICE is well installed so there shouldn't be any issue.

I have a voltmeter to track the battery and alternator voltage. It's all good. Surprisingly, our car has a smart alternator. Means if it detects the battery is fully charged and in good condition, it will not charge it. Something like that.

• Praise 1

I have hundred of chinese songs, the current HU can't read chinese  [bigcry]

yup agree is too far..

Yah, my same problem also... the strange thing is that the HU and the MFD (in the instrument panel) has different language support.

My HU supports Thai language so can show thai characters. My MFD supports simplified chinese so I usually switch it to show all info in chinese.

I feedback before to Borneo.

Please also help feedback so that can put pressure on them to add languages. Believe it can be done, just they are lazy.

• Praise 4

Yah, my same problem also... the strange thing is that the HU and the MFD (in the instrument panel) has different language support.

My HU supports Thai language so can show thai characters. My MFD supports simplified chinese so I usually switch it to show all info in chinese.

I feedback before to Borneo.

Please also help feedback so that can put pressure on them to add languages. Believe it can be done, just they are lazy.

yup i will try to feedback to Borneo motor. Agree that the HU can be done with other languages, Lexus are sold worldwide and i have seen such HU in youtube with other language too. There should be a way.

Agree with everyone, will not change my HU then...too much hassle. Will stay with this HU, the speaker is superb!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I have hundred of chinese songs, the current HU can't read chinese [bigcry]

yup agree is too far..

I also got more than thousands of audiophile songs mostly in high res format like FLAC, WAV, AIFF....just...the Mark Levinson system only can play mp3 n WMA nia. I hv to convert the format n change Chinese titles to han yu pin yin lor. Sian...!

• Praise 2

Good morning bro,

sorry for the late reply, my last login was more than a week ago - ignore my message if you have change your tyres.

For the manufacturer install TPMS, should not be any problem or issue. Your IS300h should have similar system as my ES300h.

Replaced all 4 tyres at AL (near Payalebar/Caltex/Cisco) instead of Borneo as i prefer to choose my own brand. After changing, the sensor will spontaneously detect, no need to do anything. But it may take a few minutes to complete the whole automatic set up. The tyre mechanic will know, do not disturb the tyre valve.

Stick to the correct tyre size and profile.

Speed rating or load can be the same or higher.

Changing to new tyres every 30-40K km for normal usage saloon cars is perhaps is a good practice, to avoid unnecessary lost of control on wet roads. If obviously looks worn out (some tyres have marker), change too even if onlly 20K km (or if more than 4 yrs).

No worries and thanks, bro, for the advice. Going to get the tyres done end of this week and will be trying Pirellis (same sizing etc as the stock tyres).

• Praise 1

did you change the mounting at BM? if it was their diagnostic and replaced by them, they will not charge you if the issue was not resolved. if not than i dont understand liao why you dont want them fix for you but go outside fix.

Most of them can't even feel what i'm trying to describe. To them, before and after is the same. So i believe i'll still be made to pay for the mountings if they were to change it. Btw, problem is unresolved and undetected. Car is with them for a couple of days already. Going to test drive again tmr.

Recently installed rear spacer, they found my spacers causing some vibrations. So ask them to remove and going to teat again. But my jeryky issue is before i install spacer.. So it's a separate issue. But kudos to them for discovering my spacer (eibach) got problem.

• Praise 1

you mentioned in previous post the vibration only comes in at 70km/h so should not be mounting? if mounting than vibration will be more often and obvious. i am just curious, if BM is the one say is mounting and replaced for you and cannot resolved, they will not charge. That was what happened to my 4GS issue previously. Transmission oil changed did not resolve a knock sound from the gear when using manual mode, car coming to a stop. (manual mode ONLY. auto was driving fine). they waived the charges for both oil and labour.

Most of them can't even feel what i'm trying to describe. To them, before and after is the same. So i believe i'll still be made to pay for the mountings if they were to change it. Btw, problem is unresolved and undetected. Car is with them for a couple of days already. Going to test drive again tmr.

Recently installed rear spacer, they found my spacers causing some vibrations. So ask them to remove and going to teat again. But my jeryky issue is before i install spacer.. So it's a separate issue. But kudos to them for discovering my spacer (eibach) got problem.

• Praise 1

you mentioned in previous post the vibration only comes in at 70km/h so should not be mounting? if mounting than vibration will be more often and obvious. i am just curious, if BM is the one say is mounting and replaced for you and cannot resolved, they will not charge. That was what happened to my 4GS issue previously. Transmission oil changed did not resolve a knock sound from the gear when using manual mode, car coming to a stop. (manual mode ONLY. auto was driving fine). they waived the charges for both oil and labour.

Yup... In fact more obvious vibration was felt at around 60-80, but i now realised that it happens in most of the speed range.

Problem is those tester can't feel a thing. Lol..

While typing this, i'm at borneo waiting to test drive with the 4th tester..

Hope he can isolate the problem..

Yup... In fact more obvious vibration was felt at around 60-80, but i now realised that it happens in most of the speed range.

Problem is those tester can't feel a thing. Lol..

While typing this, i'm at borneo waiting to test drive with the 4th tester..

Hope he can isolate the problem..

So any luck?

So any luck?

This guy seems to feel something... Leave the car there for a few more days so they can log data with computer and compare data with another same model car to see if there's any issues

It's been 2 weeks since collecting the ES and I just did the 1k service.

Some observations.

1. FC for the first 2 full tanks calculated at 11.5 and 12km/l. Pretty good for a 2.5L car. My travel pattern is 70% HW / 30% City.

2. Wipers need to be "yanked" out to "snow" position before you can lift it. Had to read the manual and watch youtube videos to learn this. Fortunately, i did not damage the paintwork on the bonnet when i tried to lift the wipers for the first time.

3. Radio reception not so good in tunnels. I consider this a small issue.

4. Steering wheel has a "ting" noise (sounds like a spring) when turning the wheel in either direction. The AD applied some grease somewhere and the noise level is reduced. However, the sound still there occasionally, but softer now. I hope to resolve this at the next service. Anyone experience this before?

Overall, the car is smooth and quiet and I am enjoying it.

Saw your post on how to lift up the wipers, wow...should have read this.

During car wash, i tried to lift up but i couldn't. Did some minor scratch to the paint.

I was waiting for my 1k servicing and Service people how to do it.

Anyone did soundproofing for 4 doors and roof, able to recommend place and what's the cost like.

Single layer and double layer does it make a huge diff?

driving the 3IS model

Edited by Mage11342
  • Praise 1

Anyone did soundproofing for 4 doors and roof, able to recommend place and what's the cost like.

Single layer and double layer does it make a huge diff?

driving the 3IS model

I did SP on my 2 front doors for my ES at Foon Audio. It is at KB Synergy recommended by Bro Theoldjaffa. Good feel thereafter. They only charge me $250 for 2 doors. Went back last trip for the other 2 doors but they were damn busy.

↡ Advertisement