Proper tyre installation and balancing technique?

MacDuck

Just came across this video.

Looks a lot more detailed than just simpily mounting and balancing!

What are the advantages of using less lead weights?

↡ Advertisement

i buy my tyres from yhi yokohama. they have this. i every 10k free tyre rotation and free tyre patching (if got nail)

Many thanks. Long ago I bought tire from them, they did not have such facilities.

have seen the tyre changing machine long time ago (at least 15 yrs ) at bukit merah and upp east coast there 2 tyre shop using that.

so is nothing new and great about that,

and the mounting and balancing procedure is already exist in our shore but most will not practise this they said it will in cure extra cost and no 1 is willing to pay for it.

The most important issue is so long the wheels are near perfectly balanced.

notice the guy uniform SAAB [rolleyes]

oh , i think a number of high end shop in sg have, i seen 1 b4.

but as usual , sheep fur still have to come from sheep right? lol

just that if u change tyre using those equipment , how much more will your tyres cost?

Photos taken from Permaisuri Ban Jakarta FB

They are using high end Italian tyre and wheel balancer. Hardly you can find them in Singapore

post-272-1322715118_thumb.jpg

post-272-1322715126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

indonesia has alot of richies, they fly to SG, shop in CK Tang etc etc, their cars are flashy and willing to spend...here in Singapore, car owners can afford to buy car but cannot afford to buy tyres....

indonesia has alot of richies, they fly to SG, shop in CK Tang etc etc, their cars are flashy and willing to spend...here in Singapore, car owners can afford to buy car but cannot afford to buy tyres....

Mr Help

Singaporean is not that they cant affort.

Only some being calculative they want everything and cheap and Good

A little too much video censorship. I have yet to find a tire shop with machine as sophisticated to do that.

erm, such machines are common place. almost all decent tyre shops have them.

these are pretty basic machines to check for balance of the rims, rims n tyres.

Here is top end italian tyre changer.

This is a super automatic lever-less tire changer, particularly designed for RUN-FLAT, SSR and any type of very tough tires. It is suitable for any car tire with rim size from 12" to 30", without any need for lever or other tools to dismount and mount any tire.

Edited by Yeobh

erm, such machines are common place. almost all decent tyre shops have them.

these are pretty basic machines to check for balance of the rims, rims n tyres.

Tyre mounting yes, but not the more sphitiscated tyre balance analysing. Anyway that tire tread in the vidoe very good braking performance wet and dry.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

Mr Help

hahaha...not some....is most of them.....cannot understand, they willing to pay the yearly insurance and monthly installments ranging from hundreds to thousands but yet unwilling to spend on tyres that can last them for 2 yrs or so.....what indian calculation is that?????

Here is top end italian tyre changer.

This is a super automatic lever-less tire changer, particularly designed for RUN-FLAT, SSR and any type of very tough tires. It is suitable for any car tire with rim size from 12" to 30", without any need for lever or other tools to dismount and mount any tire.

this video is for workshop viewing only

not for consumer like us

Machine company always claim how easy to operate just to convinced the workshop

by the way what is SSR?

Edited by Roberttan

Oh yes, car owners just have no interest in the machine details and specifications - only shop owners who are footing the big ticket. No manufacturer will product a video or promotion materials to highlight how difficult to use their products - this is 100% sheer stupidity :D The promotion materials will definetly highlight simple operation, save time and high productivity & patented features.

SSR = Semi Solid Rim = usually comprise of two or more pieces bolt into the main core piece. Usually for very wide low profile rims so as to make removing and installation of tyre very easy without causing damage to the beads.

post-272-1323503764_thumb.jpg

Mr Help

I believe you are right, if we are paying our MPs and Ministers with hell notes for their performance.

↡ Advertisement