HDB Season parking transfer

Mcfguy

Twincharged

Should be ok lah...

Can be live in HDB, so buy season there.

And there are of course people who drives to parents/in-laws' place everyday so need buy season there too.

i am in this cat ... ordinary one for my place, concessionary one from my parents place .... so one year still $1440 !!

lucky since beginning this year, my company absorb workplace parking ($100/mth).

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The update is immediate. Left my MSCP to collect car using old IU; change to new IU at dealer's. Came home upon entering shows "Season Parking"

Luckily i also asked before posting.  [;)]

• Praise 1

Many household nowadays have more than 1 car, but you need to pay more for second season parking now. Example, for first car for sheltered carpark is $110, and subsequent cars, you need to pay $190.

Really? I didn't have this problem up until 6 yr ago.

The only inconvenience was that first car can giro so every month no hassle and will auto renew.

Second car cannot giro, need to go to area office to buy and it is open for sale only at a certain date (allows all other first car owners to buy first) each month. So i will renew for the max 3 mth each time, and remember to go down on the first day when it opens - as my carpark was often full...

Same price for both cars at that time.

Really? I didn't have this problem up until 6 yr ago.

The only inconvenience was that first car can giro so every month no hassle and will auto renew.

Second car cannot giro, need to go to area office to buy and it is open for sale only at a certain date (allows all other first car owners to buy first) each month. So i will renew for the max 3 mth each time, and remember to go down on the first day when it opens - as my carpark was often full...

Same price for both cars at that time.

Thought you can renew through website even though you are allow to buy at a certain date? Must go down area office to buy?

Twincharged

Thought you can renew through website even though you are allow to buy at a certain date? Must go down area office to buy?

i do it on my phone every month ... although can pay in advance but i prefer to do it month by month.(for my parents' place)

just set a reminder on the 21st of every month and then renew anywhere with my phone using credit card.

only went to the area office for the first 2 times ... buying 3 mths at a go !

he say last time, last time no online one.

• Praise 1

hmm... i think you're right. It's about 6 yr liao, so a little fuzzy liao...

I think what happened was that 2nd car can buy on-line, but is not auto-renewed via giro like the 1st car.

But my place carpark quite full, so by the time it's opened for 2nd cars' purchase, it would often be full already so system doesn't allow purchase anymore. So must go personally to the area office, where they will relent and allow purchase. Somehow they must have some buffer...

I think what happened was that 2nd car can buy on-line, but is not auto-renewed via giro like the 1st car.

But my place carpark quite full, so by the time it's opened for 2nd cars' purchase, it would often be full already so system doesn't allow purchase anymore. So must go personally to the area office, where they will relent and allow purchase. Somehow they must have some buffer...

You can buy other nearby carpark if the carpark at your place is full.

You can buy other nearby carpark if the carpark at your place is full.

My place the design is quite unique.

One entrance, and it can lead to 5 blocs/areas, and my place was the furthest of them all. Then further in, or beyond that, are condos with entrances from another main road. (means beyond that, no more public carpark)

Of the 4 blocs within the same entrance, the 2 furthest blocs are often full of cars, while the outside 3 would still have lots late into the night.

If not this carpark, the next public carpark is on the other side of the road, further away, from the entrance. And will have to walk 15 min from my place.

So will still try to get a season parking in my carpark, else quite inconvenient. And over those years, i'd never been turned away at the area office - which means there is still enough. I suspect some of the season ticket holders are working at the shops near the entrance, so they could have taken part of the quota, but night time not around, so still got enough for residents.

Heng arrh...

My place the design is quite unique.

One entrance, and it can lead to 5 blocs/areas, and my place was the furthest of them all. Then further in, or beyond that, are condos with entrances from another main road. (means beyond that, no more public carpark)

Of the 4 blocs within the same entrance, the 2 furthest blocs are often full of cars, while the outside 3 would still have lots late into the night.

If not this carpark, the next public carpark is on the other side of the road, further away, from the entrance. And will have to walk 15 min from my place.

So will still try to get a season parking in my carpark, else quite inconvenient. And over those years, i'd never been turned away at the area office - which means there is still enough. I suspect some of the season ticket holders are working at the shops near the entrance, so they could have taken part of the quota, but night time not around, so still got enough for residents.

Heng arrh...

Walk 15 mins from your place to nearby carpark is consider not very near, although some people might find 15 mins not that far also. Lol.

Walk 15 mins from your place to nearby carpark is consider not very near, although some people might find 15 mins not that far also. Lol.

ha ha... yah, agree.

Had to bring initially 2, then subsequently 1 (when the older one went to Pri Sch) kid with me every morning to child care, so it's quite a rush every morning.

if need to walk 15 min, quite siong lor...  [laugh]

ha ha... yah, agree.

Had to bring initially 2, then subsequently 1 (when the older one went to Pri Sch) kid with me every morning to child care, so it's quite a rush every morning.

if need to walk 15 min, quite siong lor...  [laugh]

15 min walk with kids cannot really make it la. Might ended up walk longer than 15 min! Adults walk 15 min maybe still ok lo.

15 min walk with kids cannot really make it la. Might ended up walk longer than 15 min! Adults walk 15 min maybe still ok lo.

exactly lor... when they were 3 and 5 that time was most siong. Carried 3 bags and held 2 of them... i think if 2 min also i will  [sweatdrop]

Can I ask if one car can have 2 HDB season parking?

Can. Second one more expensive.

Many household nowadays have more than 1 car, but you need to pay more for second season parking now. Example, for first car for sheltered carpark is $110, and subsequent cars, you need to pay $190.

Not so expensive la. The rate is $110 (first car) and $120 (second car). For open carpark the rate is $80 and $90.

The gap is not that big actually.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/press-release/revision-in-hdb-and-ura-car-park-charges

Now everything can be done online. And I think HDB doesn't really care now. As long as you pay they will just give you. My area got many families with multiple cars (mine included), and nobody has any issues with season parking.

The first car can use Giro but subsequent ones cannot. But you can buy up to one year at a time if you so wish (unless car is not registered in your name, e.g company car, then the limit is three months).

• Praise 1

Now everything can be done online. And I think HDB doesn't really care now. As long as you pay they will just give you. My area got many families with multiple cars (mine included), and nobody has any issues with season parking.

The first car can use Giro but subsequent ones cannot. But you can buy up to one year at a time if you so wish (unless car is not registered in your name, e.g company car, then the limit is three months).

ha ha... does sound logical that in the name of making $$, HDB will do anything. Just collect the $$, whether got lot or not lot, then the early bird catches the worm. The late ones... good luck to them

↡ Advertisement