Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

Buy with your heart and of course your own money. If you like the place and can afford it, don't worry about what people say about distance and valuation. There is no end to comparison.

Many critics are people who can't afford or just jealous thy people can fork out such monies

IMO, punggol is not at far either by train or car. No where in Spore is really far. Many Sporeans are just spoilt. Just ask the folks in Tokyo and Shanghai is traveling 40 mins to work far ?

↡ Advertisement

Staying in punggol is like staying in JB....so undeveloped and far from everywhere.....

selling at 1200psf....

At this kind of psf, can go district 11 & district 12 get a feehold unit....

Good lucks to those buyers

Compare Punggol w JB? [hur]

I think you will say our our Tampines or Ang mo kio is their KL? Hahaha

Buy with your heart and of course your own money. If you like the place and can afford it, don't worry about what people say about distance and valuation. There is no end to comparison.

Many critics are people who can't afford or just jealous thy people can fork out such monies

IMO, punggol is not at far either by train or car. No where in Spore is really far. Many Sporeans are just spoilt. Just ask the folks in Tokyo and Shanghai is traveling 40 mins to work far ?

My Fren in shanghai need to stay outskirts of shanghai cos the housing too ex. Traveling takes about 1hr to office( 1 way).

Not necessary so but can prices in Ponggol rise above those in D9 and D10? You have your answer.

What answer are you referring to ?

So a property in town is desirable because of the high price ?

If I am a investor, I will look at ROI and not the price I paid. If I paid $1000 psf for Punggol and it goes to $1300 psf, I make 30%.

Conversely, for a property in town that cost $3000 psf, for it to increase 30%, it isn't that easy.

Things always changes, Clementi wasn't that popular when it was built in the 80s, same goes for Tampines as well.

Best post so far on this topic.

The Govt is dead set to make Punggol the next place to live at...they are putting alot of expenditures to develop the waterways to make it a lifestyle hub. Mrt travel from Punggol to Town is similiar in terms of travelling times compared to clementi, using kpe to town is also very fast. Being on top of the new shopping mall and mrt helps as well... So the prices the developers set for punggol projects take all this into considerations.....so by the time this project top...amenities will be aplentiful.....

The Govt is dead set to make Punggol the next place to live at...they are putting alot of expenditures to develop the waterways to make it a lifestyle hub. Mrt travel from Punggol to Town is similiar in terms of travelling times compared to clementi, using kpe to town is also very fast. Being on top of the new shopping mall and mrt helps as well... So the prices the developers set for punggol projects take all this into considerations.....so by the time this project top...amenities will be aplentiful.....

There's alot of development in Punggol and I can see the Punggol Central area becoming vibrant. In the vicinity of Watertown, there's Treasure Trove and a new condo which is coming up beside the bus interchange.

There's also Waterway Terraces, Punggol Regalia, Punggol Arcadia, Prive (EC), Twin Waterfall (EC) and a whole bunch of BTOs along the LRT/Waterway.

Very interested in buying a unit there, been staying in the North, NE area for all my life, non stranger to these areas, my parents stay punggol too. Rather quiet and relaxed place, imo very nice place to have family activities together.

BUT 1200psf really out of budget.

The price is going steadily up. Those that got units on the 1st day of preview had a good deal. I heard that more than 420 units have been sold so far and bear in mind that it hasn't been a week yet (last wed and thur was the preview and Friday was the actual launch). The price has hit 1400 psf for the Skypatio with view of waterway.

If you are really keen to get a property around that area, look out for a new condo coming up just beside the bus interchange. It is highly anticipated as the location is very good and price likely to be in the region of 800+ psf which is similar to Treasure Trove.

Not sure about the price but for sure Sengkang and Ponggol is so undevelop and ulu :wacko: . Want to find one coffeeshop also difficult. Comparing with Tampines, can get as much as 13 coffeeshops and all within walking distance. [:p]

I wish punggol is undeveloped like what you say but sorry it is not now. I really wish you are correct. Then I need not worry about crowded trains crowded buses crowded roads. frankly speaking i prefer punggol a few years back. it was so peaceful then.i certainly don't want 13 coffeeshops within walking distance.

What answer are you referring to ?

So a property in town is desirable because of the high price ?

If I am a investor, I will look at ROI and not the price I paid. If I paid $1000 psf for Punggol and it goes to $1300 psf, I make 30%.

Conversely, for a property in town that cost $3000 psf, for it to increase 30%, it isn't that easy.

Things always changes, Clementi wasn't that popular when it was built in the 80s, same goes for Tampines as well.

I just have a diferent view on the project as at 1200 psf, there are just lots of options and there will be properties nearer to town that will compete with you for rental and you are likely to lose out unless you are willing to drop rent.

I just have a diferent view on the project as at 1200 psf, there are just lots of options and there will be properties nearer to town that will compete with you for rental and you are likely to lose out unless you are willing to drop rent.

The price is going steadily up. Those that got units on the 1st day of preview had a good deal. I heard that more than 420 units have been sold so far and bear in mind that it hasn't been a week yet (last wed and thur was the preview and Friday was the actual launch). The price has hit 1400 psf for the Skypatio with view of waterway.

If you are really keen to get a property around that area, look out for a new condo coming up just beside the bus interchange. It is highly anticipated as the location is very good and price likely to be in the region of 800+ psf which is similar to Treasure Trove.

Thats the land won by wee hur at 354psf/ppr. Compared to treasure trove land at 400psf/ppr, this condo may sell a 1100psf 3 bedder at about $950k which would be a great buy. So it's worth waiting for that one. Too bad I already bot ATT 2 bedder no more bullets liao

Not sure about the price but for sure Sengkang and Ponggol is so undevelop and ulu :wacko: . Want to find one coffeeshop also difficult. Comparing with Tampines, can get as much as 13 coffeeshops and all within walking distance. [:p]

Have you been to punggol or sengkang? I dont stay there nor marketing any units there but my in laws stay ard there....there are many coffeeshops springing up everywhere.....there are at least 3 coffeeshop just across each directions where my in law stay and they dont stay near central...all within 5mins walk...

between punggol and cck....i will go for punggol...

i prefer to stay in the east...it is more happening than west to me loh.

Been staying in the North East for more than 10 yrs. Amenities is not that bad. We have compass pt, the future watertown will have it's own shopping centre. Not enough, can go to Giant,Courts, Ikea in about 10 mins driving.

The cons I find there is pollution. Both noise and air. Certain nite, the area got funny smell of gas. Those times I called in for sick leave, the noise from the jet fighter (paya lebay air base) is unbearable..

Thats the land won by wee hur at 354psf/ppr. Compared to treasure trove land at 400psf/ppr, this condo may sell a 1100psf 3 bedder at about $950k which would be a great buy. So it's worth waiting for that one. Too bad I already bot ATT 2 bedder no more bullets liao

There is another new 800-900 units development in Sengkang whereby land cost is just 291 psf ppr.