Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

Have you been to punggol or sengkang? I dont stay there nor marketing any units there but my in laws stay ard there....there are many coffeeshops springing up everywhere.....there are at least 3 coffeeshop just across each directions where my in law stay and they dont stay near central...all within 5mins walk...

To be exact there's 4 coffeeshops. 2 more are opening soon. Anyway Pungol is not really a big town, just three parallel roads

↡ Advertisement

Preview price was around 950psf.

I think that's for the Skypatio without full Waterway view (Tower 8 and 9 which was launched during preview) and with either HDB upgrader or vicinity discount ?

Been staying in the North East for more than 10 yrs. Amenities is not that bad. We have compass pt, the future watertown will have it's own shopping centre. Not enough, can go to Giant,Courts, Ikea in about 10 mins driving.

The cons I find there is pollution. Both noise and air. Certain nite, the area got funny smell of gas. Those times I called in for sick leave, the noise from the jet fighter (paya lebay air base) is unbearable..

Which part of Punggol are you at ? I was told that Punggol East is the area which get the noise pollution and Punggol Central is not affected.

I think that's for the Skypatio without full Waterway view (Tower 8 and 9 which was launched during preview) and with either HDB upgrader or vicinity discount ?

Not sure about sky patio during preview, was mostly on 2 n 3 bedder.

Thats the land won by wee hur at 354psf/ppr. Compared to treasure trove land at 400psf/ppr, this condo may sell a 1100psf 3 bedder at about $950k which would be a great buy. So it's worth waiting for that one. Too bad I already bot ATT 2 bedder no more bullets liao

That's about the same psf pricing as Treasure Trove.

I heard that the developer paid more than 8xx psf for the Watertown land and if you add the development charges which is 3xx psf, their breakeven price should be approx 1100 psf.

Not sure about sky patio during preview, was mostly on 2 n 3 bedder.

Ok, they did launch all 4 types of units during preview. I know they sold out the condo really fast, within the same day but the soho and suite move slower.

Unlike other development, it seems that more are going for the bigger units so either it appeals to the family or buyers are going for the Waterway view offered by the bigger units. That to me is the unique selling point as there are quite a few other development that has integrated mall/MRT.

Ok, they did launch all 4 types of units during preview. I know they sold out the condo really fast, within the same day but the soho and suite move slower.

Unlike other development, it seems that more are going for the bigger units so either it appeals to the family or buyers are going for the Waterway view offered by the bigger units. That to me is the unique selling point as there are quite a few other development that has integrated mall/MRT.

They release tower by tower, n comparing similar unit facing, room size n level before n right after preview there is an increase in price by 12%. Those release later will be more as they open up water facing unit.

Edited by Zze121

I just have a diferent view on the project as at 1200 psf, there are just lots of options and there will be properties nearer to town that will compete with you for rental and you are likely to lose out unless you are willing to drop rent.

Investment or not, but base on last year Esparina responds n some EC pricing, Singaporean are indeed very rich. Rain forest EC do have afew $1.5m, $1.2m units.

Edited by Zze121

Punggol is definitely faster to raffles place using KPE, as compared to Hillview area and Clementi using PIE/AYE. And u dun have to worry about floods :)

once you have tried KPE, u will be amazed by the convenience. Punggol is farther in terms of absolute distance, this is the truth. But then we are not talking about walking right...

second that..from punggol to bugis via KPE only takes about 25 mins ( provided no jam).

If take MRT from Punggol to Doby Ghaut, probably ard 30-35 mins via NEL.

i have been a westerner for the past 20+ years before moving to NorthEast.

Initially was not satisfied with NorthEast too..but start to change my mind now seeing developments coming up in this area these few years.

THe addition of KPE is really a super BIG bonus to NorthEasterners.

(edited)

Agree with your points.

It is all marketing ploy at play that hypes up the whole thing and creates the impression that it is hot-selling property by increasing the price to make it sound convincing. This in turns attracts more interested buyers and developer may further increase the price to make others feel they are missing out something.

Punggol is still, well, Punggol and not a prime area. Potential buyers please drill this fact into your mind when evaluating the price.

As for the integrated mall and link to MRT/LRT, likely home owners will have to put up with the noise and congestion especially during weekends. Imagine during festive seasons you may even have traffic jams right at your doorstep. Personally I like to stay near amenities but not too near, maybe one street across.

Agree Punngol area is still not the prime area.

But if more new developments come up in future, it can really push up the popularity in future. Tampines was once like that too.

Anyway, there must be a reason why projects like Greenwich (though not near to MRT), Bedok Residence, Tennery is selling well...(all have commercial element linked to it)

Edited by Panerex77

between punggol and cck....i will go for punggol...

i prefer to stay in the east...it is more happening than west to me loh.

same here..punggol as compared to CCK..

but between punggol and Clementi..clementi any time.

I stay in the west, near clementi and I dont go more than once per year...bt timah traffic is terrible....always jam....pie jam, bt timah jam, holland rd jam, aye jam......only expressway i havent experienced jam before is kpe.....

I stay in the west, near clementi and I dont go more than once per year...bt timah traffic is terrible....always jam....pie jam, bt timah jam, holland rd jam, aye jam......only expressway i havent experienced jam before is kpe.....

dun bet on it...it'll probably happen in a few yrs time! :ph34r:

From a big size HDB to a pigeon hole condo is it consider an upgrade or down grade??

I prefer space indoor.

For investment, go for prime area.

i live in punggol

nobody mention about those pesky plane noise?

anyway, the condo are overprice

like a forummer here says

its the last chance before economy took a dive

and when u sign on dotted line thats it

↡ Advertisement