Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

the key word is probably...

but i can tell you punggol is definitely further away from town (be it raffles or orchard) as compared to clementi and upper bukit timah....

well, maybe when bukit timah is flooded and roads being sealed off, it will be faster la~ haha..

No no ....

punggol got new expressway so very near...

Edited by Neoscan
↡ Advertisement

Plane noise depending on which part you're staying at. Mine is directly parallel to the taking off flight path.

The noise from the F-5s are still bearable, but definitely not the F-15s.

As for the condos, I still believed they are overpriced. All thanks to MBT who set a minimum reserved price for each plot of land on sale, thereby artifically setting the price of these units.

I do agree with you, once you signed on the dotted line, that's it. When property prices plunge, the banks will start asking for topping up or recalling part of the loan.

I wonder how much one has to fork out monthly even with a 30 year loan.

Ya, I think best property to buy is HDB. For those eligible to buy HDB, it is a no brainer.

I saw some ads on 4 room flats at Jalan Membina selling between 600 - 700k+ or about 8xx psf ! Rental is 4k+ ! Fantastic capital appreciation and rental yield.

And I think bank don't repossess the flats if you don't pay the mortgage as HDB has 1st claim to the flat. Very safe investment.

Theres a lot of amenities and food now. McDonald, Popeyes, 2 KFC, Punggol billiard, 4 Chinese seafood restaurant, one is the famous uncle Leong, one golf range, fishing and pawning, Punggol 21 cc. upcoming Watertown with cinema, SAFRA club and stadium.

punggol has a lot of potential i feel.

yah!!!!

The previous peak in 1997

Buyers was buying 99LH Regent height in bukit batok at close to 800psf which was a record then....

Back in 2005 when i was house hunting ....many units was taken back by banks!!!! and guess what bank was selling???

360PSF!!!!

Mass market at record high PSF....See next recession.

That's the time when many of us will come round to scope up the bargain hunt...

haha....u muz be an ah pek like me. seen the dark, dark days when property prices in sg tanked to silly levels and margin calls, bank sale auctions were taking place. wonder these 'watertown' buyers know they r on a very slippery slope by paying these kinda ridiculous prices for such a location when dark clouds oredi can be seen.

yah!!!!

The previous peak in 1997

Buyers was buying 99LH Regent height in bukit batok at close to 800psf which was a record then....

Back in 2005 when i was house hunting ....many units was taken back by banks!!!! and guess what bank was selling???

360PSF!!!!

Mass market at record high PSF....See next recession.

That's the time when many of us will come round to scope up the bargain hunt...

Heard from 9.38 news 200 over units were sold over the CNY long weekend and those being interviewed sound like they have strike gold.

Good luck to Punggol Watertown buyers and hope they are able to tide over the looming storm.

Not being sarcastic here, just speaking the truth.

Heard from 9.38 news 200 over units were sold over the CNY long weekend and those being interviewed sound like they have strike gold.

Good luck to Punggol Watertown buyers and hope they are able to tide over the looming storm.

Not being sarcastic here, just speaking the truth.

Property prices are still high... Developers are aggressively selling before more uncertainties set in.

Many are predicting further dip in property prices later this year.

Then again, u will never know, could be another repeat of 2009 scenario when property bounce back up suddenly!!

Share my view. My experience.

For the past five years i had rented out my punggol hdb. rented to a few stewardess. until recently for the past 3 years rented to indians from india. for about $2200. 90% that comes to view is indian. and they are very calculative. Keep on press down my rent. And doesn't upkeep my place. If you think if you buy watertown and expect a decent rental return dream on. i tell you they would not even pay $3000. why pay $3000 to stay in punggol when you can have the same place for $3000 to stay in katong? where there are so much more eateries and shoping alternative to town.

Believe me when i said 90% that came to view my flat is indians and they are very dirty and calculative.

Best return for property is hdb. if i can buy 10 hdb i buy.

Edited by Songsong

haha....u muz be an ah pek like me. seen the dark, dark days when property prices in sg tanked to silly levels and margin calls, bank sale auctions were taking place. wonder these 'watertown' buyers know they r on a very slippery slope by paying these kinda ridiculous prices for such a location when dark clouds oredi can be seen.

I oso ah pek.... have gone thru the ups and the downs... and what goes up must come down. This applies to almost anything. Not saying those who buy now are wrong provided they still have their jobs and continue paying the loan. Good luck to those who cannot afford to hold on to their assets when bad times hits.

Neutral Newbie

Property prices are still high... Developers are aggressively selling before more uncertainties set in.

Then again, u will never know, could be another repeat of 2009 scenario when property bounce back up suddenly!!

The property wont bounce back that sudden. Thanks to the new property system, it set a wall to those overseas investors due to heavy stamping duty. Somemore Greece financial problem still not settled. Dont fall into illusion, its a no return road.

Nobody can predict the future but those buying now esp those testing new highs are buying at the spike of the property cycle (i wouldn't say peak since nobody can predict).

They will take a long time to recoup their investment esp if a correction happen. Pray nothing happen to them or their jobs for the next 20-30 yrs and there should be no problem (only heart pain if price drop).

Property investment at this time is probably not wise. With the money that is going to be tied up for 4 years, I think you can get better return from stock market.

Share my view. My experience.

For the past five years i had rented out my punggol hdb. rented to a few stewardess. until recently for the past 3 years rented to indians from india. for about $2200. 90% that comes to view is indian. and they are very calculative. Keep on press down my rent. And doesn't upkeep my place. If you think if you buy watertown and expect a decent rental return dream on. i tell you they would not even pay $3000. why pay $3000 to stay in punggol when you can have the same place for $3000 to stay in katong? where there are so much more eateries and shoping alternative to town.

Believe me when i said 90% that came to view my flat is indians and they are very dirty and calculative.

Best return for property is hdb. if i can buy 10 hdb i buy.

Agree. Rental yield is still the best for HDB. What are the rules governing HDB rental? From what I see, > 80% of HDB rental are not legal. True?

I oso ah pek.... have gone thru the ups and the downs... and what goes up must come down. This applies to almost anything. Not saying those who buy now are wrong provided they still have their jobs and continue paying the loan. Good luck to those who cannot afford to hold on to their assets when bad times hits.

read the ST article abt watertown prices ranging from 800psf to $1500psf!!! [shocked] hope it's a typo error coz if any goondu actualli paid $1500psf for a LH, heartland, mass-mkt project in a ulu location, confirm muz tattoo the word robert on the forehead liao. [laugh]

The property wont bounce back that sudden. Thanks to the new property system, it set a wall to those overseas investors due to heavy stamping duty. Somemore Greece financial problem still not settled. Dont fall into illusion, its a no return road.

Ok... I guess I worded it wrongly. Unlikely to bounce but the drop or crash that many are expecting may not come... I'm also waiting...

↡ Advertisement