Driver killed in double-decker bus accident

Latka

No matter wat sbs says...i confirm the bus is speeding. Nowadays bus drvers getting worse n worse.

either that or dozed off at the wheel. But old man oso shudn't have stopped at slip road tho.

Y old man cant stop at slip rd???

1) not safe, 2) nobody wud expect motorists to stop at slip rd, unless its a breakdown.

RIP.

what an accident,a life was lost this way.

i guess the bus driver had fallen asleep.

and the car looks like a Camry.

it was a heart wrecking news when i heard it over the TV.

luckily no pedestrian was hurt or killed.

Edited by Turbonetics

1) not safe, 2) nobody wud expect motorists to stop at slip rd, unless its a breakdown.

U do know thats a filter lane right? Meaning the old man is trying to turn left? Of cos he needs to stop before filtering out.

No matter wat sbs says...i confirm the bus is speeding. Nowadays bus drvers getting worse n worse.

Correct. Think these bus services given too much rights leow on SG roads until they becomes so complacent. :angry:

Should not treat these kind of events as accidents.

We need to ask if got system fault- is drivers given too little rest, safety not emphasized enough, training not good enough. .. Etc..

I only hope next bus accident kenna an elite or mp son or ceo family or something. Only that will wake up the system.

U do know thats a filter lane right? Meaning the old man is trying to turn left? Of cos he needs to stop before filtering out.

well if that was the case, old man damn suay lah. I've seen morons stopped at slip roads and just wait there.......

deceased passenger well.. driver died. guess his time is up.

time for the deceased family claim kao kao..

u mean the passenger died oready?

Should not treat these kind of events as accidents.

We need to ask if got system fault- is drivers given too little rest, safety not emphasized enough, training not good enough. .. Etc..

I only hope next bus accident kenna an elite or mp son or ceo family or something. Only that will wake up the system.

if this is not accident then what is accident?

it's very mean to wish for something unfortunate to befall on anyone, whatever their background.

for your information, this did happen before. wonder why heavy vehicles were regulated so strictly for so many years? because former minister ong pang boon's wife (herself a former MP), mdm chan choy siong, was killed in an accident involving a 10-wheeler. http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_791_2005-01-22.html

past by the junction just now...freaking bus confirmed chiong, lost control and hit camry waiting at traffic lite towards bishan st 22...the damage to the road island kerb on the left lane is apparent...car must have been whacked real hard on driver side...mounted kerb and landed on the slip road to bishan rd...bus continued path and nearly hit wall (below is bishan mrt tracks.

↡ Advertisement