Switching from FWD to RWD

Vega

Turbocharged

I have never driven a RWD car before and would like to own one in the near future. For those who have experience driving a RWD car, is it very difficult to switch from FWD to RWD? do you need to re-learn your driving style all over again?

Please share your experience. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

RWD car tail wags easily if you accelerate on a slippery bend. ESP comes in handy in situation like this.

Edited by Cklasse

Simi style? Doggy? :D

RWD actually has better handling characteristics dan FWD. Dun make it sound like it's more difficult to drive. Daily normal driving dun make much of a difference.

RWD is ideal as the power comes from the back and the steering is independant. All true sports cars are RWD. u never seen a FWD ferrari?

but, yes, you need to understand the characteristics of the car to get out of situations. Avoid oversteer, and how to counter the steer and get out safely.\

Not all RWD cars are tail happy but cf FWD, they are more than them. take the 911 for ex, sibei tail happy, but i find the cayman not so.

There are a lot more to RWD like Front mounted engine, mid-mounted engine or rear mounted engine. Bottom line is about 50:50 front/back weight distribution which makes the car's handling ideal such that it doesn't understeer or oversteer too much.

There are a lot more to RWD like Front mounted engine, mid-mounted engine or rear mounted engine. Bottom line is about 50:50 front/back weight distribution which makes the car's handling ideal such that it doesn't understeer or oversteer too much.

yup...the ideal, IMO from all thta I have had is the Mid-RWD...ie, Cayman. The FR in both the MX5 and all BMWs also fun, but the less overhang on the mx5 makes it more shiok to play

dont worry about it, if you find that you are not used to RWD, just drive in Reverse then u get FWD!

[laugh][laugh][laugh] knn...another clown

• Praise 1

aiyak driving style same what.... steering, gearknob, pettle, all the same position.. no need change style

play and do things beyond ones means....buang lor..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

Thanks for all the feedback!! Its is all the tail happy and oversteering stories that i heard so far that make me have this thinking "is RWD that scary to drive?"

I have experience understeer afew times on my current ride and its ESP that gets me out of the trouble. So i guess its not that scary to drive a RWD with the ESP on. :D

Thanks for all the feedback!! Its is all the tail happy and oversteering stories that i heard so far that make me have this thinking "is RWD that scary to drive?"

I have experience understeer afew times on my current ride and its ESP that gets me out of the trouble. So i guess its not that scary to drive a RWD with the ESP on. :D

what RWD ride you gonna get? a >250 ponies one? seriously, if you obeying the traffic rules in sg, or slightly above the limit, there is no different in whatever FWD, RWD, AWD.......

my bro IS with 200 ponies on the back, i have yet to loss it till today, mind u, hard driving stuff i tried on it... but i lose my tail few occasions on my AWD with no VSC.....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

what RWD ride you gonna get? a >250 ponies one? seriously, if you obeying the traffic rules in sg, or slightly above the limit, there is no different in whatever FWD, RWD, AWD.......

my bro IS with 200 ponies on the back, i have yet to loss it till today, mind u, hard driving stuff i tried on it... but i lose my tail few occasions on my AWD with no VSC.....

This is going to lead me to the other question, which RWD drive should i get for the start? i do a fair bit of B road in MY and my current ride is about 250 ponies.

This is going to lead me to the other question, which RWD drive should i get for the start? i do a fair bit of B road in MY and my current ride is about 250 ponies.

BMW 335i