Transactional services for direct buyer & seller deals

Laserjet

I really need someone in car expert to guide me out from this complicated situation..

This year in January I had decided to help my friend to purchase a second hand car (2005/Subaru Impreza TS). I am the owner of the car now and tied a bank loan. Now my friend had cheated me for defaulting 3 months installments and currently the car had been repossessed. I have to pay the bank SGD2574 in order to take back the car. My problem is I don't want the car and financially I can't afford to pay. What should I do?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Any one please suggest me that which is the best place to buy a second hand car in good condition in Singapore.

are u intend to sell ur car?!

Need to seek help here and realised I cant post new topic at all... :(

I just bought a car from Wise Auto: a 5 year old Subaru Impreza and after negotation, the agent told me that he will sell me at the discounted price but at current condition. I did bring the car for a pre-buy check for wear and tear cost repair costs and the engine sounded ok. That was last week.

However, today when I sent the car for servicing, I was told by my mechanic that the cross member under-carriage is missing!!! And the exhause pipe is not even LTA approved and its a rusty old exhaust. And it will cost me at least $3,000 to replace these!!!!

I tried calling the dealer to see how and he said that his boss is not even agreeable to help and even contact the buyer or investigate on it and said that I agreed black and white to buy at current condition.

I feel cheated as I am a layman driver and won't know about undercarriage parts missing or when it is fake.

Can anyone help me on this? I was told by LTA to get an evaluation from STA or Vicom and go CASE to pursue the case.

Should I pursue based on the new lemon law? Small claims?

I am really in a fixed right now and very upset as it will take me another $3,000 or more to repair the two issues above.

Can someone please help?

Please call me at 94557613 if you have experience of such or can help me on this?

Please remember not to buy from Wise Auto located at Ubi, the car dealer's name is Alan.

They are not that wise and good after all. Once sold, they dont really care at all.

Please help me! Thank you!

First thing, pls get yr car fixed. Settle the money later.

U said precheck. Where u did the check?

Hi senior car forum,

I am new so i cannot post a question. Any one have the information on pre-purchase inspection check list for cars from dealers in singapore. Understand they will draft a contract for buyers for used cars.

Thanks

david,

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

do they really have such a checklist? my dealer didnt provide one [rolleyes]

Hi senior car forum,

I am new so i cannot post a question. Any one have the information on pre-purchase inspection check list for cars from dealers in singapore. Understand they will draft a contract for buyers for used cars.

Thanks

david,

• Praise 1

haiz.. a happy case of buying a car gone wrong due to unscrupulous car agents.

i guess that's why sgcarmart came out with this service to provide peace of mind to car buyers and sellers.

direct car transactions can be done easily and without fear of dishonesty or cheats.

Hello representative from Sgcarmart. [wave]

• Praise 2

I really need someone in car expert to guide me out from this complicated situation..

This year in January I had decided to help my friend to purchase a second hand car (2005/Subaru Impreza TS). I am the owner of the car now and tied a bank loan. Now my friend had cheated me for defaulting 3 months installments and currently the car had been repossessed. I have to pay the bank SGD2574 in order to take back the car. My problem is I don't want the car and financially I can't afford to pay. What should I do?

I am sorry to hear that. But I guess there is nothing u can do. Just get the bank to auction the car out and settle the difference with the bank. Installment plan with the bank can be arrange. If u fear the bank auction price might be lower than u expect... U can try settle the overdue and necessary payment with the bank and take the car out to either sell to direct buyer or dealer.

Sad to say, your friend cause ur credit bureau report to go ugly.

• Praise 1

Hi senior car forum,

Thanks

david,

Basically those checklist is just some basic visual check and operate check. U will have to go through with your dealer that every part is in good or acceptable working condition.

If you are still worry about the car you purchase. Maybe just pay less than $200 for a Vicom or STA report. To be fair, you pay for it. Cause you demand the checks. Hehe.

[:p]

Edited by Stanley79again

Neutral Newbie

Sorry! I'm intending to sell my Honda Stream 07 here in sgcarmart but there is a question I need to ask before I make a decision.

My car was originally Cool Amber in colour but I resprayed it to the Lexus GS300's Frosty Pearl White for about 3 years now. Unavoidably, there are small dents, nicks and scratches everywhere. I heard that a car's resale price will drop if it is not in its original colour. Should I respray the entire car again before I sell it to get a better price? If I do that, the car will look brand new again.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

I'm trying to buy a 2nd car from a dealer.

Please advise what should i take note in the agreement form etc?

many thanks in advance.

• Praise 2

Sorry! I'm intending to sell my Honda Stream 07 here in sgcarmart but there is a question I need to ask before I make a decision.

My car was originally Cool Amber in colour but I resprayed it to the Lexus GS300's Frosty Pearl White for about 3 years now. Unavoidably, there are small dents, nicks and scratches everywhere. I heard that a car's resale price will drop if it is not in its original colour. Should I respray the entire car again before I sell it to get a better price? If I do that, the car will look brand new again.

No point wasting money on that, just sell the car as what it is.... End of the day, the money u spend respraying might just be the extra amount of money u hope to fetch from the sales.

Edited by Stanley79again

Hi all

I'm trying to buy a 2nd car from a dealer.

Please advise what should i take note in the agreement form etc?

many thanks in advance.

All u need is to ensure that the car u brought is what u want, feel the price is reasonable, and most importantly... The vehicle is in good working condition... [:)]