Transactional services for direct buyer & seller deals

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

Need to seek help here and realised I cant post new topic at all... :(

I just bought a car from Wise Auto: a 5 year old Subaru Impreza and after negotation, the agent told me that he will sell me at the discounted price but at current condition. I did bring the car for a pre-buy check for wear and tear cost repair costs and the engine sounded ok. That was last week.

However, today when I sent the car for servicing, I was told by my mechanic that the cross member under-carriage is missing!!! And the exhause pipe is not even LTA approved and its a rusty old exhaust. And it will cost me at least $3,000 to replace these!!!!

I tried calling the dealer to see how and he said that his boss is not even agreeable to help and even contact the buyer or investigate on it and said that I agreed black and white to buy at current condition.

I feel cheated as I am a layman driver and won't know about undercarriage parts missing or when it is fake.

Can anyone help me on this? I was told by LTA to get an evaluation from STA or Vicom and go CASE to pursue the case.

Should I pursue based on the new lemon law? Small claims?

I am really in a fixed right now and very upset as it will take me another $3,000 or more to repair the two issues above.

Can someone please help?

Please call me at 94557613 if you have experience of such or can help me on this?

Please remember not to buy from Wise Auto located at Ubi, the car dealer's name is Alan.

They are not that wise and good after all. Once sold, they dont really care at all.

Please help me! Thank you!

post-64696-1333463820_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi SG Carmart Connect, felllow users,

I wish to sell my car but have no time to do the paperwork. Just wanted to ask what are the costs involved in selling through SGcarmart connect to settle the paper work?

It says "free", but when someone else asked, its $300 "admin fee". So now i suspect theres gonna be other costs involved. Would appreciate an honest reply pls. Lay it all out, because i would be quite upset if at the end of the day, i have to fork out few hundred dollars more of "admin fee"..

I do understand that its a service provided and gives opportunity for sgcarmart to promote affiliate insurance providers.

Look forward for reply!

• Praise 2

Need to seek help here and realised I cant post new topic at all... :(

I just bought a car from Wise Auto: a 5 year old Subaru Impreza and after negotation, the agent told me that he will sell me at the discounted price but at current condition. I did bring the car for a pre-buy check for wear and tear cost repair costs and the engine sounded ok. That was last week.

However, today when I sent the car for servicing, I was told by my mechanic that the cross member under-carriage is missing!!! And the exhause pipe is not even LTA approved and its a rusty old exhaust. And it will cost me at least $3,000 to replace these!!!!

I tried calling the dealer to see how and he said that his boss is not even agreeable to help and even contact the buyer or investigate on it and said that I agreed black and white to buy at current condition.

I feel cheated as I am a layman driver and won't know about undercarriage parts missing or when it is fake.

Can anyone help me on this? I was told by LTA to get an evaluation from STA or Vicom and go CASE to pursue the case.

Should I pursue based on the new lemon law? Small claims?

I am really in a fixed right now and very upset as it will take me another $3,000 or more to repair the two issues above.

Can someone please help?

Please call me at 94557613 if you have experience of such or can help me on this?

Please remember not to buy from Wise Auto located at Ubi, the car dealer's name is Alan.

They are not that wise and good after all. Once sold, they dont really care at all.

Please help me! Thank you!

Hi, you can bring to CASE. Do it ASAP. Go for mediation.

this maybe able to help you

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=...qVmXivfxUi-cIBA

there are some scenarios which you maybe able to win your case.

also, don't believe in whatever that is written in their contract. Fair consumer tradings act says they cannot contract out of the act.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/search/disp...252F07%252F2009

• Praise 2

How much CONNECT charge for the below transaction?

Basically, Iam planning to buy Honda from my friend and pay him cheque. Then my Toyota needs to be scrapped. Thank you.

Hi, sgCarMart Connect is offering a free service as long as the buyer is taking a minimum loan of $30,000.00 for 3 years. For scrapping of vehicle, you may contact Quotz for assistant.

Hi SG Carmart Connect, felllow users,

I wish to sell my car but have no time to do the paperwork. Just wanted to ask what are the costs involved in selling through SGcarmart connect to settle the paper work?

It says "free", but when someone else asked, its $300 "admin fee". So now i suspect theres gonna be other costs involved. Would appreciate an honest reply pls. Lay it all out, because i would be quite upset if at the end of the day, i have to fork out few hundred dollars more of "admin fee"..

I do understand that its a service provided and gives opportunity for sgcarmart to promote affiliate insurance providers.

Look forward for reply!

Hi Louie, for direct seller there isn't any charges at all. As long as the direct buyer is taking a minimum loan of $30000 for 3 years and insurance, everything will be provide for me. Unless the buyer is not taking any loan or insurance, the admin fees will be $300. For more information, you may contact us at 6744 3540.

Insurance Company is looking at the type of car you are buying, your driving experience, and the record of owning a car (NCD involve)

I had quoted to one of my custumer, Class 3 passed only 5 months, he gonna takes a WRX STi, cause most of his friends are driving SubaruWRX.

the insurance return quotes is $14,313. excees $2,000.

Will that scare you ?s

Sometime buyer need to tell the seller / salesman, the burget of monthly, insurance, or road Tax. Ask what they can recomment you.

Don't aim what you like, and die die want the car. unless you are no problem of paying.

That is not scary.. My licence got 5 years.. My insurance quote was $20,000, Excess $50,000, If crashed, 1st $150,000 cannot claimed. What you think?

• Praise 1

Really the market for car is damn Ex now.. I previously sold my Kia Cerato on 2009, which i bought a new car on 2008. Weekend car. Only sold for $19,500. And i list for $22,000 only, the f--ker still insist on a full tank of petrol when collecting the car. Really f**ker.. Make me lost $9,000 for driving 8 months for that car. s--t..

Really the market for car is damn Ex now.. I previously sold my Kia Cerato on 2009, which i bought a new car on 2008. Weekend car. Only sold for $19,500. And i list for $22,000 only, the f--ker still insist on a full tank of petrol when collecting the car. Really f**ker.. Make me lost $9,000 for driving 8 months for that car. s--t..

Offer so low u still sell?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

i'm sorry that i posted here, i can't seem to post up a new topic, i'm a newly registered member. Pardon me.

I'm considering what kind of car shall i get if i were to drive long distance occasionally.

I have been recommended Honda cars as their engines have been known to be very strong.

Some have told me not to take a Hyundai car as their engines are not known to sustain long distance driving, their cars are better known for their interior comfort.

But personally i'm thinking about luxury driving. Cars like Audi A5 Sportback, Audi TT coupe.

Are the cars i have in mind able to sustain the long distance driving?

I have other cars in mind, cars like Proton Inspira. Looks big, spacious, comfy and most importantly, it looks like it can really go a long way.

Any suggestions? I'd be glad to learn more.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

i'm sorry that i posted here, i can't seem to post up a new topic, i'm a newly registered member. Pardon me.

I'm considering what kind of car shall i get if i were to drive long distance occasionally.

I have been recommended Honda cars as their engines have been known to be very strong.

Some have told me not to take a Hyundai car as their engines are not known to sustain long distance driving, their cars are better known for their interior comfort.

But personally i'm thinking about luxury driving. Cars like Audi A5 Sportback, Audi TT coupe.

I have other cars in mind, cars like Proton Inspira. Looks big, spacious, comfy and most importantly, it looks like it can really go a long way.

Proton Gen 2 is also another good choice to consider [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just to check, if I am to approach a direct seller but i do not want to take up any loan, what should i do? Or is there any means to settle the paper work, and for how much would i be charged? :)

Thanks.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi, just to check, if I am to approach a direct seller but i do not want to take up any loan, what should i do? Or is there any means to settle the paper work, and for how much would i be charged? :)

Thanks.

Hi Jun84,

There will be an admin charge of $300 if you do not want to take up any loan from sgCarMart Connect. You may still apply online at sgCarMart Connect Applying online, and sgCarMart Connect will contact you and your seller from there to arrange for a 1st meeting in our office.

For more information, you may contact us at 6744 3540.

Edited by Connect

Neutral Newbie

hi, i am planning to sell my car to a friend. and he is asking for me to sign a generic sales and purchase agreement which states price and handover date etc for his purpose of approaching banks/finance companies to get a loan. is it ok for me to sign this document??

• Praise 2

hi, i am planning to sell my car to a friend. and he is asking for me to sign a generic sales and purchase agreement which states price and handover date etc for his purpose of approaching banks/finance companies to get a loan. is it ok for me to sign this document??

Hi, if there is a mutual understanding between the both of you, you may actually go ahead and sign it. However, if you do not feel that it is safe to do so, you may engage sgCarMart Connect to help you with this transaction.

If you have any enquiries, feel free to contact us at 6744 3540. Thank you.

Is Proton Inspira sold here?

For a start, it would be useful to be more precise with your definition of "long distance". Paris-Dakar rally is long distance. Some think travelling from Changi to Jurong is a long distance too.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Why is there a need for handover date when the car was not even sold? All ur friend need is just ur vehicle logcard for loan application. Just that simple.

Edited by Stanley79
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, need some advice...

i'm thinking of buying a car from second hand car dealer. but due to coe restriction, the transfer can only be done in april. so the dealer suggested i take the car first n pay seller a deposit. n when in april, after official transfer to my name den i pay the balance. druing now to apr, i will be driving the car but under the seller's name. car dealer will prepare an agreement for us to sign for the delivery at later date. is this agreement legalised? possible that the seller regretted and dun transfer the car and nothing i can do?

Reason for such case could be.... Since u say the vehicle can only be transfer to u on April.... This means the vehicle is a quite new car registered on Oct 2011.... And is either under Cat A or B COE... If transfer is to be done within 6 months of the vehicle registration date... The tsf fee will be very high... LTA will have a better explanation on that.

Neutral Newbie

OOHHH Thanks. Which means if i go thru SGcarmart, the amt payable is 300?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1