Good luck more cooling measures

Sabbie

haha 10% on a 1 million property only 2460......hahahahaha......they just want to show that they are prepared to take action....and to have excuses in case property crash

make sense meh? alr prices moderating and transactions dropping, they invent this levy. and compare to 1996 data?? haha.

i can only think of this as balancing the "books".

haha 10% on a 1 million property only 2460......hahahahaha......they just want to show that they are prepared to take action....and to have excuses in case property crash

You mentioned $2,460 based on 10% of the current 3% stamp duty (current stamp duty for $1m property is $24,600). But based on the CNA article, it's 10% over and above current stamp duty. So aren't we looking at an additional (I.e. 10%x(1,000,000-360,000) $64,000? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

You mentioned $2,460 based on 10% of the current 3% stamp duty (current stamp duty for $1m property is $24,600). But based on the CNA article, it's 10% over and above current stamp duty. So aren't we looking at an additional (I.e. 10%x(1,000,000-360,000) $64,000? [laugh]

I think the 10% is on the price of property... Besides a cooling measure, it is a revenue generating tool...

Hmm, not really sure on the calculations yet, tomorrow go and study it in detail, perhaps others here can confirm is this on the existing stamp duty or pp?

My personal opinion. If they want to sincerely put a stop to repetitive boom-bust cycles, they should not try to play God by guesstimating when it is the correct time to come in with anti-speculative measures. What they should do is to regulate the credit creation process in the first place. it is a really a case of prevention is better than cure.

Your comprehension fail i think... it is another 10% on purchase price on top of what they already pay....

It's $100,000, that's quite a lot. Foreign buyers WILL dry up overnight.

Edited by Howard_ppty

Your comprehension fail i think... it is another 10% on purchase price on top of what they already pay....

Yup, I am sorry, did not read the full report yesterday, yes for foreigners it's an additional 10%, for PRs, it will be 3% on 2nd and subsequent, for us sinkies will be 3rd property onwards....hurrah!!! i hope property prices crash!

↡ Advertisement