"High Classed" teahouse to close down

Ahtong

Chris' Tea House to stop serving tea because of harassment

16659.jpg

After being bludgeoned continously into closing down by flamers, Chris' Tea House has decided to stop its tea cafe business for the public on January 18.

Mrs Christina Lim, the owner of the controversial restaurant, said the last straw came when she kept receiving "harassment" from an anonymous person calling her mobile phone.

She told SoShiok.com that she has made police reports and "hopes the harassment will stop soon". She does not wish to reveal details of the harassment as police investigations are still going on.

While it will stop serving tea, the charming tea house at Upper Paya Lebar will continue operating its retail front which offers chinaware, tea and other tea paraphernalia.

She added: "I will be keeping the place but still thinking of other business to venture into."

The tea house was the target of online flamers after her daughter

called a customer "cheapskate" for making unreasonable demands and comments when he didn't spend a lot of money there, and for not understanding the practice of a "highclass" tea house.

Those remarks irked the customer's supporters who gave her and her mother a relentless bashing on a few websites.

Even though her daughter apologised subsequently for her remarks and Mrs Lim had explained her position on customer service and restaurant rules, online flamers continued to attack them.

Some even called for a boycott of the tea house.

But the tea house also had its supporters who slammed the flamers online, arguing that they should have proper etiquette when visiting the place.

Actually Mrs Lim had no intention of opening her tea house to the public initially.

She had bought the shophouse as an investment, and turned her tea appreciation hobby into a masssive project - a period English tea house decorated with matching furniture like wing chairs, fine porcelain and colourful tea paraphernalia.

Friends fell in love with it too and suggested she opened it to the public.

She followed their suggestion and also offered companies the use of the tea house as an event venue at a fee.

But she also found out quite soon that it wasn't a viable business what with the small size of the place and its cheap pricing.

She had told SoShiok.com that she could have kept it as a hobby and continue living a comfortable life instead of working hard to run it as a business and having to face the barrage of unkind remarks by flamers.

Mrs Lim said she would keep the tea house to entertain her 'regulars', friends and associates.

So it will be closed to the public, but open to her best supporters!

Link

↡ Advertisement

She had told SoShiok.com that she could have kept it as a hobby and continue living a comfortable life instead of working hard to run it as a business and having to face the barrage of unkind remarks by flamers.

So it will be closed to the public, but open to her best supporters!

Link

they can afford to live a comfortable life without working hard (they are rich wat!!)...chey!!! elitism

Why support them???

i think that there's nothing wrong when service staff complain about customer's attitudes

if customers are allowed to complain about poor service, why shouldn't it be vice versa?

besides, i think that the service staff in this case has a point, if you don't spend a lot of money, don't make unreasonable demands

i think that there's nothing wrong when service staff complain about customer's attitudes

if customers are allowed to complain about poor service, why shouldn't it be vice versa?

besides, i think that the service staff in this case has a point, if you don't spend a lot of money, don't make unreasonable demands

In my business, doesnt matter whether customer spends $1 or $10. A customer is still a customer. Only because the customer spends more then you must treat them especially good? Ridiculous thinking.

A customer is a customer and the customer is always right

And service staff are hired to serve not make sarcastic remarks.

where is this place?

i'm interested to go and give it a try!

lets just say this soshiok article puts them in a very good light. if you were to see the arrogance and haughtyness coming from them in their replies and unwillingness to repent you'd be shocked [laugh] never underestimate the power of the internet.

I suggest u go dig up the threads about them

People no need to work hard leh [lipsrsealed]

Run by rich tai tai and daugther but common stock people on limited budget expect to be serviced [rolleyes] .

Seems like the place will still be open to people who are blue bloods like them. Good for them. [:)]

They should put a sign , 'no dogs and common stock'

4151411[/url]']

People no need to work hard leh [lipsrsealed]

Yup

Silly woman thinks she can pick up high classed customers without learning to spell properly first. She thinks shes doing the world a favour by keeping the cafe open

err. you definitely not in the service line and you know nothing about servicing.

Yup

Silly woman thinks she can pick up high classed customers without learning to spell properly first. She thinks shes doing the world a favour by keeping the cafe open

in the first place, her tea house is opened at the wrong place. she should open a tea house in places like bukit timah to serve the correct market target.

Huh ? what the f you toking ?

If your cheapest price on your menu is $3/ cup of tea, we as customer must suffer your lousy service ? Then pls increase the price to $100/cup so I can enjoy your good service arh ? TCSS

The demands made then were NOT unreasonable. 4 couples who were friends go and want 4 2-seater tables unreasonable ?

What if those 4 couples don't know each other and each wants 2-seater table ?