Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
77 replies to this topic | 62 praises

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

Patricklyb
  • Patricklyb
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 LT (A)......mpv of the year by sgcars

http://www.sgcarmart...011/winners.php

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

All I can say is that Chevy cars are very hardy, extremely robust, and very reliable.

They may not be very much to look at, perhaps even consume more fuel than other cars, but if you want a bnb car that doesn't fail you easily, this is the brand to go for.

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

looking more at the captiva than orlando if I may be given a chance to upgrade to a 7 seat family sized suv/mpv...
Ahgong praised this

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just collected my Orlando,found that there is a small spot dented,so sad.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Advisor
  • Advisor
    Clutched
    Author Image

can you share more experience about Orlando with us?thanks

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Richard_Peh
  • Premium member
    Richard_Peh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just collected my Orlando,found that there is a small spot dented,so sad.

Ask for car replacement then.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Once collected and sign , they will not change for us. sad.gif
but they promise to do for me.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Now i m just on 1850km , whis is know that i pump 50 liters only for 490k , when i drove malaysia highway.
Because need to let it smooth first , so i maintain the speed not more then 90 to 100km only before the first 1000k.
After the 1000k , i try only a few min 140km , but hear the noise also , next trip i will try again .

The aircon is not strong cool enough for me compare with my wish, even if i trun to max.
When the speed is 20 to 30k slow release acccerlerator can hear some sound which is "kong kong " noise.

Overall after few k driving , i update again.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i'm looking at this now..... saw one silver one, looks macho but seems a bit tight fitting for tall guys

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

.....Because need to let it smooth first , so i maintain the speed not more then 90 to 100km only before the first 1000k.
After the 1000k , i try only a few min 140km , but hear the noise also , next trip i will try again .

It that was stated in the user manual on 'run-in'? Most GM's engines (like most modern engine), it should be run at various speed, rpm, etc.....
Just have to avoid hard braking to allow the brake pad to bed-in properly and the tyres to run-in.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Mecontle
  • Mecontle
    Banned

when u bang u call it orlando bloom

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Did i bang on you?

Edited by Neworlando, 12 January 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

All I can say is that Chevy cars are very hardy, extremely robust, and very reliable.

They may not be very much to look at, perhaps even consume more fuel than other cars, but if you want a bnb car that doesn't fail you easily, this is the brand to go for.

reliable? you mean engine? the wear and tear part can last for how long? my wish can last for almost 6 years and 135000km.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

when u bang u call it orlando bloom

Did i bang on you?

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Advisor
  • Advisor
    Clutched
    Author Image

Now i m just on 1850km , whis is know that i pump 50 liters only for 490k , when i drove malaysia highway.
Because need to let it smooth first , so i maintain the speed not more then 90 to 100km only before the first 1000k.

The aircon is not strong cool enough for me compare with my wish, even if i trun to max.
When the speed is 20 to 30k slow release acccerlerator can hear some sound which is "kong kong " noise.

Thanks! does Orlando's 1.8 engine also use timing belt?

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Eng40765
  • Eng40765
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

I am driving a wish too and how is this Orlando compare other than FC? as not many 1.8 MPV can beat wish, Can you share?

Pickup -
Space -
Noise -
Parts -

May consider

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

*Orlando pick up is not like those power full vehicle , coz now is run in period i dare to use heavy foot .

*space almost same as wish.

*FC should more than wish coz the body weight is heavy than wish
But body is solid ,when i close the door can feel it , the sound is different.

*Engine: need others cheverlot driver to share more.

*Price lowest and more feature than wish .

*Stability : i feel good but have to try high speed . after my run in i will try high speed and update again.

*Noise: when on low speed no noise , but have to try high speed then will know the sound prof .

The design is nice and solid biggrin.gif

come with:

Sunroof
Gps
Dvd & monitor(Audio sound not bad)
I phone adaptor
usb port
Curise control
Audio control on steering
auto light and wiper
17" rim

Edited by Neworlando, 13 January 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Cptay
  • Premium member
    Cptay
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

What was the price tag?

*Orlando pick up is not like those power full vehicle , coz now is run in period i dare to use heavy foot .

*space almost same as wish.

*FC should more than wish coz the body weight is heavy than wish
But body is solid ,when i close the door can feel it , the sound is different.

*Engine: need others cheverlot driver to share more.

*Price lowest and more feature than wish .

*Stability : i feel good but have to try high speed . after my run in i will try high speed and update again.

*Noise: when on low speed no noise , but have to try high speed then will know the sound prof .

The design is nice and solid biggrin.gif

come with:

Sunroof
Gps
Dvd & monitor(Audio sound not bad)
I phone adaptor
usb port
Curise control
Audio control on steering
auto light and wiper
17" rim

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Now they are sell $128999.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Neworlando
  • Premium member
    Neworlando
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Guy,

I m back.

Went to Genting chinese new year, found that is more powerful and stable than wish when uphill .

I drove 140-160 speed (NS highway).

But FC abit higher than wish .

My KM now : 4k

City: 13 L /100 km
HW: 10 L / 100km

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Chevrolet Orlando

Chevrolet Orlando  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Palden  |  Neutral Newbie

Orlando 1.4 Turbo

Basic features Power ok No frills like budget airline 3rd row leg room ok for kids Look solid Value for money Normal FC for such vehicles

Chevrolet Orlando

Chevrolet Orlando  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kuanhui  |  Neutral Newbie

Enjoying Every Moment

Hi All, If you are looking for MPV, you may like to consider Chevrolet Orlando. Test it to believe the comfort level. I own a Honda Stream RSZ previously and Orlando is my second ride. Love it so much.

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Chevrolet Orlando

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users