Chevrolet Orlando

Patricklyb

Hi Guy,

I m back.

Went to Genting chinese new year, found that is more powerful and stable than wish when uphill .

I drove 140-160 speed (NS highway).

But FC abit higher than wish .

My KM now : 4k

City: 13 L /100 km

HW: 10 L / 100km

Neutral Newbie

Is a nice car... but power...feel weaker than Matrix 1.6... May put it as one of my shopping list...

I'd test drive and yes the power is weaker than my current 8 yo Matrix (Manual) but this Orlando is for slow take off not for jump rabbit :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guy,

I m back.

Went to Genting chinese new year, found that is more powerful and stable than wish when uphill .

I drove 140-160 speed (NS highway).

But FC abit higher than wish .

My KM now : 4k

City: 13 L /100 km

HW: 10 L / 100km

for me i don really care about FC cos i'm driving Matrix and my Matrix FC is 1l/11.5 :)

Neutral Newbie

It that was stated in the user manual on 'run-in'? Most GM's engines (like most modern engine), it should be run at various speed, rpm, etc.....

Just have to avoid hard braking to allow the brake pad to bed-in properly and the tyres to run-in.

stated in the 2013 Chevrolet Orlando Owner's Manual - New Vehicle Break-In

Notice: The vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. But it will perform better in the long run if you follow these guidelines:

. Do not drive at any one constant speed, fast or slow, for the first 805 km (500 mi). Do not make full-throttle starts. Avoid downshifting to brake or slow the vehicle.

. During the first 1 000 km (600 mi), avoid using more than moderate acceleration in lower gears and avoid vehicle speeds above 110 km/h (68 mph).

. Between the first 1 000 km (600 mi) and 5 000 km (3,000 mi), heavy acceleration in lower gears can be used. Vehicle speeds above 110 km/h (68 mph) should be limited to five minutes per use.

. Avoid making hard stops for the first 322 km (200 mi) or so. During this time the new brake linings are not yet broken in. Hard stops with new linings can mean

premature wear and earlier replacement. Follow this breaking-in guideline every time you get new brake linings.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks! does Orlando's 1.8 engine also use timing belt?

yupp, for the 1.8 petrol engine, it uses timing belt while the 2.0 diesel engine variant uses timing chain. [:)]

But don't see many ppl talk about this car in the forum...

Is a nice car but 1.8L...

how much is Proton Exora?

Edited by Calford

the looks is good... but 1.8 for such a large body... should be at least 2L and above or with a small turbo attached to have more positive response to such a huge vehicle

So far so good. Just cleared 1K servicing.

Spacious. back row can seat 2 adults decently. As for pick up, I'd say not fast be decent enough.

Having a bit of second thoughts about not taking up the up-spec version. (no sunroof, no auto folding side mirror, no auto lights on/off in dark places...). Just have to keep reminding self that it's a 10K difference there. Secured at 109K, collected with a ~73K COE

Test drive the 1.4T, good pick up and handling, this is a good car.

At $134K, it is cheaper and bigger than Wish. And 1.4T = lower in road tax. But 50% DP is need $70K, which is the price of Stream 5 yr ago.

anyone have tried the new orlando with 1.5 turbo which is same as the new cruze?

Wow, didn't know that there is a 1.5T leh, something new :)

↡ Advertisement