Chevrolet Orlando

Patricklyb

Neutral Newbie

I drive this car for about 2 weeks already. mine is 1.8 LT 2013. no sun roof and no gps. but soo far I loved it. and I from Sarawak, Malaysia.

(edited)

This is one of the cheapest 7 seater mpv.

If your passengers that are meant for the last row are not taller than 1.68m then its a decent ride...

We went to test drive thrice (thrice cos the owner drove twice on different day and i drove once) bought it in May will be collecting next month. The car and the handling is good for 1.4T... of course if you want very fast pick up and ram 0-100 in 6 seconds not possible lah.. it can manage decently to do short pickups for over taking and it is a decent drive to bring the family for short trips to Malacca and KL... This is a family car, its more of a 'family sedan' with an option to carry 2 more... for normal day to day driving and with the option to carry 2 more passenger, its quite value for money being one of the cheapst and yet decent drive...

We bought cos the main driver is very short about 1.62m and the passengers are all very small size and short, tallest passenger me, is 1.68m... one kid is primary 3... so when im there the maid and primary 3 will take the last row... the rest will be on second row and I will be in front...tested the first row to the back row it is good enough for our usage with good planning on seating arrangement it can work... (but even for me who is so fat and quite tall,the last row i can sit quite comfortably, but if any one taller than me, will not find it comfortable)

For the price it comes with a gps navigator (touch screen) and the usual ipod and usb hub which can play media file on the touch screen... chasis is similar to opel which we also own, but the latest zafira is no fight for the orlando,i think the orlando is better size... the touch screen same as opel which i like cos im used to it haha..

my relative wanted to buy the nissan teana 2.0 but wasnt happy to pay 20k more for a car that doesnt come with an onboard gps... i test drove the nissan its ok though abit sluggish due to the size, nearly bought but the same day went to test orlando, never look back.. and i felt she shld get a mpv cos of her growing family, since always need to drive two cars out now just drive one.. so this one fits her requirements of an onboard gps, handle well, can sit 5 with the option to sit up to 7, its a decent drive, confident to bring it to KL and even penang though it probably be comfortable to cruise at 110-120km/h when we go upnorth, any higher might be very taxing for the car (with full load) and the price makes it one of the cheapest mpv..

hope my sharing helps.. we bought cos it suits our requirement, size and style of driving

Edited by Meganut
  • Praise 2

Very good write up Meganut.

I tested this car twice.

Practical and and value cor money......if we can overlook the COE.

Neutral Newbie

Meganut, u secured the deal at wat pricing??? Looking to get this as well but not too sure is the adv price realistic one or not?? 😄

Supercharged

At $134K, it is cheaper and bigger than Wish. And 1.4T = lower in road tax. But 50% DP is need $70K, which is the price of Stream 5 yr ago.

Cheaper than wish yes but not bigger. Before I change to my current ride, I owned wish and was consider this Orlando too. It is slightly smaller for sure as I tried with my cargo

At $134K, it is cheaper and bigger than Wish. And 1.4T = lower in road tax. But 50% DP is need $70K, which is the price of Stream 5 yr ago.

Not sure how is Orlando bigger than the Wish. Wish 3rd row is at least like sitting on a low chair. Orlando is sitting on the floor...

I sprained my back muscle when trying to get out of the car from 3rd row...

Twincharged
(edited)

Not sure how is Orlando bigger than the Wish. Wish 3rd row is at least like sitting on a low chair. Orlando is sitting on the floor...

I sprained my back muscle when trying to get out of the car from 3rd row...

I find the Orlando better than the wish for me because I hardly use the last row. If not using the last row, I feel Orlando is better. I only use the last row occasionally and usually for short distances only.

Edited by Nzy

I feel the torque for this car is way better then the toyota wish. Priced competively but I am not sure at the current promo ($124999) can get car or not? lol.

Any pictures? pls show us? lol and also the most impt the fuel consumption please? I am also quite sure this gearbox is more reliable then the 1.4T vws.

I find the Orlando better than the wish for me because I hardly use the last row. If not using the last row, I feel Orlando is better. I only use the last row occasionally and usually for short distances only.

If don't consider 3rd row, then … ok, maybe got chance. If consider 3rd row, I dare say that there is almost no competition for wish/stream for their class. ALL the mid-sized MPVs i checked out recently, made me realize that i will have to fork out lots more $$ to get a replacement for my 8.5 yo wish. Lots more $$ cos will need to get a full-sized MPV to find one more spacious than wish for passengers. ALL the mid-sized ones now are one step down, in terms of passenger space. Of course in terms of power, bells & whistles, etc. there are many options that are much better than wish, buy hey, if i need a MPV, surely it means I need to ferry people, rather than groceries, etc.

Supercharged

looking more at the captiva than orlando if I may be given a chance to upgrade to a 7 seat family sized suv/mpv...

yeah.. me too.

(edited)

139k before COE started to slipped... sigh....

i mainly like the Orlando cos the folding of chairs down is very easy, very useful when you need to quickly pick up or drop off someone...

to be honest the 3rd row was good size and height for us, but if you are about 1.70 onwards it might start to get tight and cramp.. i have sat in the 3rd row for about half an hour and it was pretty ok cos im just slightly shorter than 1.70m and im big size, overall the leg space and height still ok for me for both rows... i think for my height and size max i can go on 3rd row max is maybe malacca with 2 coffee breaks in between, sit all the way i think cannot lah hahahaha so in conclusion if you putting kids or small size petite people in 3rd row it will do just fine, but once you cross 1.7m it might get uncomfortable

treat it as a 5 + 2 (2 being a bonus additional seats for those times where you need to carry extra one or two passengers) then it might suit you better... i love the build in gps, nearly paid 154k for the Teana that is abit basic and for that price no gps.. so we still felt that the Orlando is value for money being almost 15k cheaper cos that would have been out 10th Nissan..

all the best in choosing im enjoying the ride for one week now :) love the space and the headroom which is good enough for me, quite an ok design car internally

Meganut, u secured the deal at wat pricing??? Looking to get this as well but not too sure is the adv price realistic one or not?? 😄

Oh the price is 124k non guaranteed COE.... i can intro you to my sales person if you want, he is good and patient work there for 7 years le

Should be able to get ard 129k if im not wrong cos when i collect car got one person got his car at 129k went to sign the papers, COE 68k if i remember correctly...

I feel the torque for this car is way better then the toyota wish. Priced competively but I am not sure at the current promo ($124999) can get car or not? lol.

Any pictures? pls show us? lol and also the most impt the fuel consumption please? I am also quite sure this gearbox is more reliable then the 1.4T vws.

Edited by Meganut

If don't consider 3rd row, then … ok, maybe got chance. If consider 3rd row, I dare say that there is almost no competition for wish/stream for their class. ALL the mid-sized MPVs i checked out recently, made me realize that i will have to fork out lots more $$ to get a replacement for my 8.5 yo wish. Lots more $$ cos will need to get a full-sized MPV to find one more spacious than wish for passengers. ALL the mid-sized ones now are one step down, in terms of passenger space. Of course in terms of power, bells & whistles, etc. there are many options that are much better than wish, buy hey, if i need a MPV, surely it means I need to ferry people, rather than groceries, etc.

I agree! Am a current Wish owner and it is about 7.5yo. Have been looking around and still back to Wish as there is no Stream is choose from. So, what are your options now?

Neutral Newbie

Oh the price is 124k non guaranteed COE.... i can intro you to my sales person if you want, he is good and patient work there for 7 years le

Should be able to get ard 129k if im not wrong cos when i collect car got one person got his car at 129k went to sign the papers, COE 68k if i remember correctly...

thanks thanks.. will pm u for the contact once i am ready to strike.. :D

Supercharged

[thumbsup] WISH maintenance is the easiest and cheapest. No problem at all till I changed and it was 8.5yrs old.

I agree! Am a current Wish owner and it is about 7.5yo. Have been looking around and still back to Wish as there is no Stream is choose from. So, what are your options now?

JUST for sharing. I am not AD or getting any commission. Try Grand Scenic diesel, I find value for money. full tank going for 900km and diesel only less than 1.7$ per litre after discount. talking about sturdy.. the GS is the most sturdy in this class.