2012 Hyundai Azera

Wubb

Saw the new Azera got 2.4 engine,will komoco bring in this range?

My cousin used to drive one Azera,the car is very nice to drive but very difficult to sell off..

dealer will take in super low price cos not many people willing to buy 1 korea make with 3.3 engine..

Big cc korean car, just go see sgcarmart price of last version vs its OMV, good value for money for 2nd hand. But would you buy? 3.3 lit korean? good luck to new car buyer. Not that the car is no good, but given equal depreciation per year, many options out there....why buy korean.

↡ Advertisement

IT's cheap lorh. Haha.

Soon lah. I don't think KMC can handle so many cars at one time. The i40 and Veloster enough to keep them busy liao. Haha.

Azera 2.4 and 3.0 should be next in line, if Hyundai makes RHD of it.

3.3L is too big for a korean car. there's still a psychological barrier for buyers when it comes to korean cars.

No so true for some. It is the 3.3L engine that is catching my attention.

The pre-2012 Azera 3.3 is a value for money buy on the second hand market. Of course, you have to stomach the high road tax of almost $3000 a year.

How do I know? I'm driving one.

There aren't many private Azeras on the road in Singapore. It is good that you don't see similar cars on the road day that you are driving.

As for low mileage on Azera, the best way to verify is to check the servicing history with Komoco Motors.

I bought mine with 31000km (in mid 2011), a jun 2007 registered car and it has full service record with Komoco since day 1. The original paintwork, interior and the engine bay condition speaks for itself. The tires are OEM fitted from day 1 too and has a date stamp from 2006. If it is a high mileage car, the tires would either be replaced or well worn.

If you are looking for a used car, do not believe the used car salesman sales talk. Check the servicing history and the overall condition of the car. A well used car is not easy to disguise, it shows in many ways and places. First time car buyers should seek advise from experienced car owners and bring them along during car viewing. An inexperience buyer can be easily seduced into a not so favorable deal.

I'll be keeping my eyes and wallet open for the new Azera, probably will make a move on it and make the switch in 2016 when the COE flood gate opens wide.

Edited by Civicblade

Just back from Korea. Actually,their line up already way overtook many Japanese make. Even our Honda accord and Mazda 6 lose out to them in terms of design and engine performance.if so many cars are Hyundai and Kia in Korea,their car should be good.

What I know is Koreans are patriotic and they buy only their cars. Even inside their country, there was a time when Daewoo campus did not allow other makes like Hyundai or Samsung!

The 2012 Azera was already running in numbers in Korea.

In Korea, the i45 (Sonata) is just their small-mid sized range sedan.

The Azera (Grandeur) is closer to a mid-full size sedan category and beyond that, their performance sedan, the Genesis and Genesis coupe and their luxury model the Equus.

Azera, Genesis and Equus are very very nice cars that are not available here in Singapore.

For the price of an entry level BMW 3 series (4pot), you should be able to get a 5litre V8 429bhp Equus if parallel importers or Komoco brings the Equus in. For me, choosing the Equus over a 320i is a no brainer.

There are few Gradeur taxis around in our red dot.

I agree.. The new Avante.. Swee la.. came back from Korea in October..

as swee as korean xmm bo? [:p]

on a serious note: now new tax incentive dor diesel engined cars (new budget yesterday at parliment), maybe can consider diesel Azera if available? :D

Big cc korean car, just go see sgcarmart price of last version vs its OMV, good value for money for 2nd hand. But would you buy? 3.3 lit korean? good luck to new car buyer. Not that the car is no good, but given equal depreciation per year, many options out there....why buy korean.

That's y my cousins ex AZERA sold at a lost..

Hope this time they r smart to bring in 2.4 version..

The Koreans are showing the Japanese a thing or two.

the two people dont really see eye to eye..... this time korean car makers showing mid finger to jap liao.... but in terms motorsports, koreans no sounds, no air... why?? :o

• Praise 1

as swee as korean xmm bo? [:p]

on a serious note: now new tax incentive dor diesel engined cars (new budget yesterday at parliment), maybe can consider diesel Azera if available? :D

korea xmm bo swee la bro.. When I went there for a week ,I can count how many chio one I saw with my hands.. [rolleyes]

the previous Azera did not really sell well here right?

Cos previously, few would take up a Lexus competing Hyundai Azera 3.3V6.

But now with the new look new model and with smaller engines, perhaps, more will be swayed.

Haha.

But I don't think Hyundai Korea makes RHD units of the Azera/ Grandeur 5G just yet.

So wait and wait somemore pls. Haha.

korea xmm bo swee la bro.. When I went there for a week ,I can count how many chio one I saw with my hands.. [rolleyes]

the previous Azera did not really sell well here right?

Saw a few Azera taxis:-)

The Azera is named as the Grandeur in Korea, and costs SGD30K brand new. No COE required.  [thumbsup]

post-27974-0-15884600-1482599072_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-43751800-1482599078_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1