Engine Oil level question

Spiderman302

Supercharged

The BKT must b there early cos their biz very good n sold out by abt 10am usually.

Yr rear lights u can consider to change the plastic lenses as ty already old n faded. New lenses wil brighten the car up a lot.

Yeah, we heading Jb around 3-4am, then wait for friends, then we all head for b.k.t

Perdana got 3 type of rear light,

Original, alfra v6, led type.

See How, after all, aesthetic..

But perdana got one big problem.. which is the headlight, I'm already using Alfa design headlight But still can't see Well.

I bought some good headlight to try..

If really cannot, then got to install hid

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

actually a V6 with 2L suffers from low end torque due to the short stroke.... [:p]

true, my mechanic also say that.. how to prevent?

change exhaust setting?

when is the different with 24V and 12V?

Edited by Kurty

change exhaust setting?

its like that and nothing can do about it. Change high flow filter and it actually get worse.

6 cylinder x 4 valves = 24V

dont think there is a 12V unless its a old car

did car manufacturers change metal dipsticks to those plastic ones in order to cut costs? it makes the reading of engine oil level difficult. i could barely see the oil mark on the plastic dipstick. :wacko:

anyone driving an FD1 or FD4? will 4 quarts of engine oil be sufficient?

Supercharged

did car manufacturers change metal dipsticks to those plastic ones in order to cut costs? it makes the reading of engine oil level difficult. i could barely see the oil mark on the plastic dipstick. :wacko:

What is the colour of your plastic dipstick? If its a light colour like white, silver or yellow you should still be able to read the oil, cos the oil is black colour mah... [;)]

Supercharged

its like that and nothing can do about it. Change high flow filter and it actually get worse.

oh.. i'm using drop in filter..

actually thought of install CAI.. but the box is really funny..

don't even know how it works

I would think all FDs requires 4L engine oil.

Mine is FD2 and it consume EO. Every mth must top up EO of 300-400ml once below min level.

However, so far no problem with d engine even though long trip to Malaysia - Ipoh.

IMO, the K20 engine prefer thicker oil such as 15-50W. Maybe bcos of my driving habit like the engine to scream.

Edited by Tcx607

What is the colour of your plastic dipstick? If its a light colour like white, silver or yellow you should still be able to read the oil, cos the oil is black colour mah... [;)]

the colour of the dipstick is orange. the engine oil is only a few days old, so reading the oil mark from the dipstick is quite a challenge. :blink:

the most amazing thing was the mechanic actually said there was a shortfall of 500ml and asked if i would like to top up by buying a small bottle of engine oil from his shop. :o either he was trying to smoke me or he has to go back to school for re-certification. for the record, my car was parked at an inclined surface.

Yeah, we heading Jb around 3-4am, then wait for friends, then we all head for b.k.t

But perdana got one big problem.. which is the headlight, I'm already using Alfa design headlight But still can't see Well.

Use Philips Xtreme Vision 100% light bulbs. [thumbsup]

I would think all FDs requires 4L engine oil.

Mine is FD2 and it consume EO. Every mth must top up EO of 300-400ml once below min level.

However, so far no problem with d engine even though long trip to Malaysia - Ipoh.

IMO, the K20 engine prefer thicker oil such as 15-50W. Maybe bcos of my driving habit like the engine to scream.

i managed to obtain a copy of the owner's manual. for FD1 or FD4, it requires 3.7L or 3.9 US quarts of engine oil. for FD2, 4.4L or 4.6 US quarts of engine oil is required. this is inclusive of an oil filter replacement.

for FD1 or FD4, Honda recommends the use of a 5w20 engine oil. For FD2, the use of a 5w30 engine oil is recommended.

given the compact engine bay, i think Honda FD engines run hotter than any 1ZZFE or 3ZZFE engines. but i am not sure if the oil consumption is due to evaporation or worn out engine components.

Supercharged

Use Philips Xtreme Vision 100% light bulbs. [thumbsup]

Based on the v6 thread, they say won't works..

Too hot, the light bulb won't last..

This is a manufacturing defect.. as usual lah, proton poor design..

Maybe Hid? Or change headlight.. they got one with projector lamp, quite swee.... :D

Wah....you daring mine i maintain at plus minus 100km on 10kkm cos i'm using a very thin oil w20 for mine 4.5 yrs old.

Next round will try redline.

People have diff preference so to me the above feel more comfortable.

20w is already very thin. I use 40w so I hv some play so I dare to drag till 12K km.

I doubt my car can take 20w as the handbook recommend 40w.

Yeah, unlikely will change color But need to touch up as the left side, got scratches...

Interior is also OK, leather seat But the rooftop kinda dirty..

Probably will do a good cleaning or replacement when got money..

Yeah, the driving experience really different.. no shaking, smooth sound.. very climax.. even gf who don't know about car, can feel the experience..

Good buy :D

A few scratches can just leave it lah.

If the headliner is blotchy n mouldy, u can try get those good groomer to remove the mould but if cannot maybe change. Just make sure u get the original n good quality headliner otherwise it wun fit properly n start to sag after only a short while.

Of course driving feel very different from what u drive now. Totally in a different class.

Even Msia Polis chief is driving the Perdana. [thumbsup]

B4 u install HID, try to upgrade yr bulbs first to a good n brighter bulb like Philips Xtreme Power n NOT those cheepo funny type of bulbs.

Supposed to b abt twice as bright using the same wattage. Then u need to adjust the aiming properly so it throws far but dun blind other drivers.

Yr rear lights maybe the Alfa type wil look nice cos I doubt the non-original led type wil last.

Always try to stick wh original as much as possible but fr Msia cars like Perdana N Proton, there r so many different aftermarket stuff u wil b [dizzy] when u see n maybe wil want to change everything. Hahaha.

change exhaust setting?

How to change?

Make the piston stroke longer lah. Hahaha. [laugh]

Dun go into change exhaust etc. U wil end up with a lousy car that is very hard to drive n u lose the shiok comfory easy drive u have now.

But less valves sud hv more low end but lose a bit high end.

Likely his is a 24v.

↡ Advertisement