FT not happy with new property rules

Ahtong

Property buyers hit hardest by the new measure would be foreigners like Norman Lu.

The 34-year-old healthcare consultant arrived in Singapore a year ago to work in a multinational company.

Mr Lu is renting a place, but in the last three months he has been looking to buy a condominium in Paya Lebar or Braddell. However the new rules have put a stop to such plans.

He said: "We are very disappointed. Even though we are foreigners, we have been working in Singapore for a year, we also contribute to this country. So as a foreigner, we feel that the government does not welcome us."

Mr Lu said he was on the verge of closing a deal, but will need to evaluate his options now.

He said: "(There is) 80 per cent (chance that) I will not buy now. I will wait for one year, then I can get PR (permanent resident status) then I will buy a private condo or buy an HDB flat."

His other options include leaving Singapore, "because I can easily find another job opportunity in another country" and "if property owners drop the price by 10 to 15 per cent, then I will buy a condo immediately because I want to stay in my own property."

↡ Advertisement

Hi Mr Lu,

May I know where will you be flying to next? I sponsor your air ticket as long as you are not going home. (This offer valid for 30 day).

Would you also share with me which other country welcome Foreigner if they are not bringing in huge amount of money to invest. I am interested to relocate as well.

Cheers

Vidoe posted before. Can ask him to fark off lah! As if we need him.

Come here for a year only, contribute what?? CPF also never contribute.

Contribute to the crowd.

Edited by Fcw75

Hmmmm...everybody contribute and some of us contribute even more for nation building and all for the sake of Singapore. But for some, they contribute is because of self and nothing else. :huh: Come here only for benefits.

Edited by Renegade777

Neutral Newbie

I think one of our MP also contribute to saving babies in lieu of NS.

Yeah, everybody (FT) contributes a bit and blow it up like they save the nation.

Healthcare consultant??? We don't need you around, there are enough locals who can do this job

Anyone can find his FB so that we can suan him?

From his comments, he doesn't seems sincere in contributing to Spore. If thats the case, and he make such comments on National TV, do you guys think he will still get his PR eventually..?

He said he can "easily find another job" in another country. I'm sure he is right, and then he can continue to rent a place in another country.

But he also said "80% chance, wait for 1 year and apply for PR" which is his real intention and I expect more FTs to go this path. Nothing much to lose for them to go PR. But if he cannot qualify or lose job in 5 years, then "bye bye, find another job elsewhere".

in my humble view, this one prob jus a marginal FT. our gamen definition of FT seriously can rule the All time best jokes list. :D

Vidoe posted before. Can ask him to fark off lah! As if we need him.

Come here for a year only, contribute what?? CPF also never contribute.

Contribute to the crowd.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

If he can afford to work here for 1 yr and have $ to buy condo, he should be eligible to apply for PR, then no need 10% liao lor.

He said he can "easily find another job" in another country. I'm sure he is right, and then he can continue to rent a place in another country.

But he also said "80% chance, wait for 1 year and apply for PR" which is his real intention and I expect more FTs to go this path. Nothing much to lose for them to go PR. But if he cannot qualify or lose job in 5 years, then "bye bye, find another job elsewhere".

These bloodsuckers once they get PR, they wont be satisfied to buy just a private, they will buy public housing as well. We should really have another cooling measures for PRs to buy HDB, like must be PR for >6yrs then eligible, PR cannot rent out whole unit, etc.

Want to contribute to Sing, then NSF will be good, how much one can earn during a year? not very much, only peanuts . . .

Dare to pose for interview and complain, then U are not welcome here . . . go far away and see how other treat U

Want to contribute to Sing, then NSF will be good, how much one can earn during a year? not very much, only peanuts . . .

Dare to pose for interview and complain, then U are not welcome here . . . go far away and see how other treat U

Ayo.....don't anyhow quote "peanuts" leh......NSF where got earn "peanuts"....'cos "peanuts" cost S$600K..... [lipsrsealed][laugh]