Scb11980

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have tattoos?

• Yes - but I wish I didn't
    • Yes - and I love them
    • No - and I wouldn't consider
    • No - but with a nice design I would consider
    • Yes - and my gf / wife / FWB finds it sexy

My word for the day... schlong... never heard it before...  stupid me saw NSFW and opened the damn link...

Ouch!

you the real pundek.... :D  :D  :D

↡ Advertisement

Too Fierce ---

Besides, wifey a bit "Pantang" about tattooing a full grown tiger on the body ...

I am looking for a Merino Ram...

But hardly anybody outside of Australia / New Zealand knows this - 

they're like 

"Simi Marina??"  and want to give me a Yacht tattoo

Funny you should say that, I once paid for an ex-gf to get ram's horns tattooed on the base of her neck (back). I can't remember if it was a birthday or Christmas present.

you the real pundek.... :D  :D  :D

aiyo.. if the link show pundek... no problem... Darryn use fancy words so simple people like me confused and tempted to click on link saying NSFW.... how to not click huh!?  [:p]

aiyo.. if the link show pundek... no problem... Darryn use fancy words so simple people like me confused and tempted to click on link saying NSFW.... how to not click huh!?  [:p]

Hee...

here got auto moderation of rude words - cannot type XXXX or XXXX so must use something else - 

Next time I use Johnson just for you ok? 

Or one eyed trouser snake

whoops - I see that can - I thought the board automoderate - I see don't so have removed the rude words

Edited by Darryn
  • Praise 1

Hee...

here got auto moderation of rude words - cannot type dick or cock so must use something else - 

Next time I use Johnson just for you ok? 

Or one eyed trouser snake

dragon lah...tht wat @porker say, but his is earthworm oni

Hahahahah 

Basket 

Is there a word for the look everyone gives you when you randomly start laughing in the office? 

Too Fierce ---

Besides, wifey a bit "Pantang" about tattooing a full grown tiger on the body ...

I am looking for a Merino Ram...

But hardly anybody outside of Australia / New Zealand knows this - 

they're like 

"Simi Marina??"  and want to give me a Yacht tattoo

Here on your shoulder ... [pirate]

post-21853-0-38714400-1445575300.jpg

A poll and discussion thread for you ...

Have been thinking for the longest time of getting a tattoo..

Visiting Bali in November, and have made enquiries but I'm still sitting on the fence.  What's your experience with tattoos? 

Want one? 

Have one? 

Need One?

And no - I don't need any jokes about "Welcome Aboard" or "Welcome to Jamaica and Have a Nice Day" 

Ahhh tattoos.......

Once you get your first one, it becomes really addictive. 

Reckon you would have gone pass the stage of chasing fads and/or spur of the moment decisions. 
Tatts will follow you for life, presume you must have weighed all your options before entertaining such a thought. 

Like some folks mentioned, life is short - - So just go for it if you desire for one. With your level of maturity, I'm sure you won't regret this decision once you have embarked on getting your first ink. 

Got my first tatt when I was 17. Since then, I didn't stop till I reached 27. 

What kinda of experience are you keen on us sharing? 
The designs? The process? or why have a tattoo?

Ahhh tattoos.......

Reckon you would have gone pass the stage of chasing fads and/or spur of the moment decisions. 
Tatts will follow you for life, presume you must have weighed all your options before entertaining such a thought. 

Like some folks mentioned, life is short - - So just go for it if you desire for one. With your level of maturity, I'm sure you won't regret this decision once you have embarked on getting your first ink. 

More than anything else I am looking for a really good artist that can create my design for me...

I'm looking at something along the lines of this - the general idea is that the Ram is watching over and protecting the Tiger and Monkey (My star sign is Aries, my kids are a Tiger and a Monkey) ...

Problem is, while this is the general "mood" - it doesn't give me exactly what I'm looking for - the artist needs to be able to translate this into a design I am comfortable with. 

I also need a shop that gives me a sense of comfort - they know what they are doing and will do a good job. 

And yes - I'm past 40, and have been thinking about this for many years, so I don't think it is a fad for me...

post-52759-0-02608300-1445579164.png

Ahhh tattoos.......

NPNT .... :grin:

More than anything else I am looking for a really good artist that can create my design for me...

I'm looking at something along the lines of this - the general idea is that the Ram is watching over and protecting the Tiger and Monkey (My star sign is Aries, my kids are a Tiger and a Monkey) ...

Problem is, while this is the general "mood" - it doesn't give me exactly what I'm looking for - the artist needs to be able to translate this into a design I am comfortable with. 

I also need a shop that gives me a sense of comfort - they know what they are doing and will do a good job. 

And yes - I'm past 40, and have been thinking about this for many years, so I don't think it is a fad for me...

attachicon.giftattoo.png

Good to know that you have a design in mind. What really annoys a tattoo artist is customers totally clueless what design they want, I know because I dated a tattoo artist before and my god, the amount of gripes I hear from her is more than ample to compile a journal of sorts.

There are 3 golden rules that would ensure your inking journey bears positive returns. 

"Ä good artist" - is a subjective term. During my time, Johnny 2 thumbs was the biggest deal. My artist was Richard Tat, from J2T, he has since broken off from J2T due to some internal reasons. 
Point is, he was the best to me, not sure if he still IS the best.... and he wasn't cheap, I don't believe in crap tattoos. paid good money for every single piece - places like Nee Soon and peninsula plaza are crap places to get inked.

So rule number 1,  good tatts ain't cheap, some people (even the rich ones) bargain with their artist out of thrill - don't - - - or end up with a dragon that looks like a earthworm, etc

Are you looking at your ram looking like the examples you posted ie (realistic kinda look) or... do you require the artist to draw it in another fashion (ie perhaps manga-ish? Irezumi ? medieval? old skool looking? etc) 
If its the former, you are good with artist who counts portrait works as speciality - you would need a more versatile artist to design from scratch and do work that is closer to the latter.

Rule number 2.... Ask around, walk into any tattoo shop and ask, express your concerns, clarify any doubts, these will be 100 time more useful than forum based info because you hear from the artists themselves...

From my understanding, you need an artist that has art/creative background. More and more, there are young artists that were art school trained (NAFA, Lasalle, SOTA etc)  - While their designs are fanciful and really eye pleasing, the old time artist are the ones who know how to control their strokes, colours and the artwork turns out more consistant and uniform in general. like your shading tones, the hues, shadows , basically the entire end piece will look more balanced

this brings forth Rule number 3 - know what is important to you. ie can you compromise the design quality for handiwork quality? and vice versa? 
Do remember - artists do not share sef made designs, ie you can't go to shop A and buy a design off the young and creative tatt artist and go to shop B asking the old uncle artiste who has good skills to complete the tatt 

Lastly, I reckon you are the outgoing and more verbal kinda person? You would thus prefer an artist that can communicate with you rather than just sit there buzzing away with his tattoo gun? 
I can recommend you a few.... Richard will be my choice, perhaps you might wanna drop by and just have a chat or something?

I have had local (richard) as well as artist from UK and Perth inking me, to be honest, Richard still gets my vote.

PM me if you're keen - and I'm not related to him, in fact, I last saw him in person 8 years ago....   

NPNT .... :grin:

lol, you're funny, why would I need to prove anything 

• Praise 2

attachicon.giftattoo.png

This is one of Richard's work on my chest btw...

Design aside, look at the even shades he applied on the blacks and greys, etc... this is what I meant by the tatt looking ëven"and uniform

post-20181-0-65968100-1445582390.jpg

• Praise 2