Panasonic frontload washing machine

looking for new replacement for my current AEG washing machine which is reaching end of life.

saw panasonic 8kg and 10kg frontload on offer.

Anyone using these.

↡ Advertisement

Why not a toploader? cheaper and equally capable if not better on all counts. In fact i feel the design is more robust and more reliable.

Another plus factor : after starting the machine, you can still open the top cover to drop in additional clothing items that you might had forgotten to load in.

The only advantage of top loader is it is cheaper for the same load capacity, can add last min clothing and easier to load. That's all.

If not for my mum who cannot bend down, I would have bought a front loader. Many advantages over top loader.

The only advantage of top loader is it is cheaper for the same load capacity, can add last min clothing and easier to load. That's all.

If not for my mum who cannot bend down, I would have bought a front loader. Many advantages over top loader.

the problem with front loader is that the rubber seal around the glass tends to leak very often, the servicing cost very costly for a piece of rubber.

A toploader uses a lot more water plus it's more damaging on the clothes.

no comments on water usage wise but a front loader is less easy on the requirements for detergents if i am not wrong. yes top loader is much much cheaper. Another thing i can think of. It usually takes ages for the washing machine to pump in the required water level for washing. With top loader i usually pour in the water manually so that the washing cycle is drastically reduced in duration.

Edited by Happily1986

no comments on water usage wise but a front loader is less easy on the requirements for detergents if i am not wrong. yes top loader is much much cheaper. Another thing i can think of. It usually takes ages for the washing machine to pump in the required water level for washing. With top loader i usually pour in the water manually so that the washing cycle is drastically reduced in duration.

In general, front loading washing machines should use less water and energy. For top loading washing machines, the drum needs to be totally filled with water because the drum spins in the vertical plane. For front loading, because it spins in the horizontal plane, only need the bottom layer to be filled with water (this also means that front loading washing machines take a longer time to wash because the drum needs to spin slowly first to get all the clothes wet before the washing can start). In terms of per kg water use, it is not difficult to find front loading machines that use less than 12 litres / kg of washing load, which is quite a good standard. Anyway, think there is a label that will show the water efficiency when you go to the shops to see the machines, so quite easy to make a comparison.

I personally like front loading because of the lower water use and high temperature settings. I am quite sensitive to dust mites, so regularly need to wash bedding and cushions with high temperatures to get rid to the mites.

Edited by Jtay

I am using one with the dryer inbuilt. Kinda regret my purchase. Why? Cause it doesnt have a separate filter and it gets rather dirty and it doesnt say how to clean it.

looking for new replacement for my current AEG washing machine which is reaching end of life.

saw panasonic 8kg and 10kg frontload on offer.

Anyone using these.

Another query about front loading.

Shld get washing n dryer (2-in-1) or shld get separately?

Shld get jap, Korean or European brand?

Me also looking for 1 as my current is about to go.

Thks

i got a crazy idea:

first we get those storeroom rack contractors to build a 2 storey rack. the top part of the rack has to be secured to a wall.

then we put a front loader on the top and a top loader on the bottom. then we secure the front loader using addiotional steel frame from the rack contractor.

we can then divert waste water from the front loader to the top loader. the top loader can be used to wash not impt facric like rags.

Thks

get separate. Ariston....RAWKS! My Ariston lasted 12 yrs, and still going strong. Sis-in-law using. Even the dryer!

Have been using Panasonic NA-FS90X1 9kg top loader since 22/2/2010. Great machine, very silent, save water and very easy to operate. The best washing mode is " Hand Wash".

Edited by Yeobh

can get a shelving and mount on top of it?

i got a crazy idea:

first we get those storeroom rack contractors to build a 2 storey rack. the top part of the rack has to be secured to a wall.

then we put a front loader on the top and a top loader on the bottom. then we secure the front loader using addiotional steel frame from the rack contractor.

we can then divert waste water from the front loader to the top loader. the top loader can be used to wash not impt facric like rags.

No need to do that, run the water outlet into a tank and use for flushing toilet.

get separate. Ariston....RAWKS! My Ariston lasted 12 yrs, and still going strong. Sis-in-law using. Even the dryer!

You are lucky, my Ariston only lasted 5years and the drum started leaking. My whole kitchen kenna flood! Anyway, so far the Ariston outlast most of my other washers which last an average of 3-4 years.

Thks

Get separate n use stacking kit. With 2 in 1, if machine breaks, need to replace both. Usually dryer is more lasting n in our climate, we only use the dryer in bad weather or we need to wash several loads at one time (eg back from holiday with one week worth of clothes per person!) n not enough space to air dry.

One advantage of using dryer is the clothes comes out soft n fluffy, something not possible when air/sun drying on bamboo stick.

↡ Advertisement