Windscreen replacement - Which of these workshop to choose

Tweakmax2

Thanks. So I just go down and tell them that its insurance claim. I do not have to pay for the replacement?

check with your insurance company, any windscreen excess? most are $100 + gst. if not check your policy. some company need you to fill up some form first before going down to the workshop

Edited by Dafansu

I went to glass fix at Ubi....

i am covered under AXA...

free replacement for windscreen...

however mine only a small crack... hence did the repair...

amazing that i get a cheque of 50 bucks for doing the repair...

the boss said it was to encourage repairs rather than change...

job quite well done too...

Bro if you wanna claim your windscreen must go to your Authorised workshop. U only have to pay $107 including GST.

If wanna pay from your own pocket then u can get it done at any workshop which has install windscreen service :)

I went to glass fix at Ubi....

i am covered under AXA...

free replacement for windscreen...

however mine only a small crack... hence did the repair...

amazing that i get a cheque of 50 bucks for doing the repair...

the boss said it was to encourage repairs rather than change...

job quite well done too...

may i ask how long it takes for repair? estimate?

Just to share..

I was also covered by an insurer who also uses Glass-fix....

the best part is they came to your residence - either repair or change the replacement windscreen on the spot (of course excess applies)

all is free.

Neutral Newbie

hmmmm... currently i have a huge crack on my windscreen and i need to have it replaced... What do i have to do since the car is a 1985 toyota mr2...

(edited)

I rang Auto Glass in advance to book a slot to replace my cracked windscreen. Lady asked for my policy number, car number and model. She rang back in the afternoon to say my insurance company has approved my claim with no charges whatsoever to me as my insurance does not have the windscreen excess limit (pays to shop around for your next insurance?). I drove car next morning and left it there. By early afternoon got a call from them to say its all done. Went collect car and sign insurance documents. Was told not to wash car for 1 week. No hassle. Nice service.

Edited by Bullterrier

I rang Auto Glass in advance to book a slot to replace my cracked windscreen. Lady asked for my policy number, car number and model. She rang back in the afternoon to say my insurance company has approved my claim with no charges whatsoever to me as my insurance does not have the windscreen excess limit (pays to shop around for your next insurance?). I drove car next morning and left it there. By early afternoon got a call from them to say its all done. Went collect car and sign insurance documents. Was told not to wash car for 1 week. No hassle. Nice service.

Good process. Mine wasn't so good. Had to go personally, fill up a report and was told approval is about 2-3 working days. Workshop did not even call back. I have to enquire and they said ok can send. Made another trip.

Hi,

How much does it cost to have a windscreen replaced including installation of a solar film? For a small car like Kia Picanto.

TIA.

most insurance will cover windscreen damage, check with yours, some are free, most will be $100. solar film range from $60 to $120 depending on the brand and grade

most insurance will cover windscreen damage, check with yours, some are free, most will be $100. solar film range from $60 to $120 depending on the brand and grade

My insurance excess for windscreen is $100, which i am already aware of.

I am just curious on the windscreen replacement cost and if the solar film can be parked under the whole cost.

TIA.

half a day, go in the morning afternoon can take of course they have other vehicles to do also

My insurance excess for windscreen is $100, which i am already aware of.

I am just curious on the windscreen replacement cost and if the solar film can be parked under the whole cost.

TIA.

replacement without going through insurance will be at least $400 or more depending on brand of car. solar film is separate cost.

↡ Advertisement