Phone no. changed w/o permission

Jamessoh

guys and gals,

I encountered this recently. I noticed that for past 2 days, my house phone did not ring at all. I suspect something was wrong and called the house phone number with my HP. It did not ring.

****When I used the house phone to call my HP, to my horror, the number has been changed to another number*****

I paid all my bills promptly and have been using this singtel line for the past 5years.

Called the Singtel customer service and threatened to report this to the police, in case my original line was criminally used. Immediately the service guy came. He spent some time and inspected all the lines. He found the phone cables "joined up" in the next block of flats.

What action can I take against singtel?

This is the first time I encountered this sort of thing, cannot believe it.

↡ Advertisement

1) post in my car forum

2) post in HWZ

3) post in VRzone

4) post in flowerpod

etc

or

1) call police

2) call relative

3) call friends

4) call singtel

bargain for a big voucher to buy a new handphone or ask for wavier in your next bill. No point creating a scene lah. Waste time and money.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it's an honest mistake.

The junction box is wide open for anyone who wants to tap the wires there.

So if someone steal your line, you probably won't know unless you want to use it.

guys and gals,

I encountered this recently. I noticed that for past 2 days, my house phone did not ring at all. I suspect something was wrong and called the house phone number with my HP. It did not ring.

****When I used the house phone to call my HP, to my horror, the number has been changed to another number*****

I paid all my bills promptly and have been using this singtel line for the past 5years.

Called the Singtel customer service and threatened to report this to the police, in case my original line was criminally used. Immediately the service guy came. He spent some time and inspected all the lines. He found the phone cables "joined up" in the next block of flats.

What action can I take against singtel?

This is the first time I encountered this sort of thing, cannot believe it.

So if ur case has been rectified, what action would satisfy u? U wanna sue them??? [laugh][laugh][laugh] Just ask them to write u an apology letter n said that u want it to be on record and in the event if anyone really tap on ur line illegally, the letter is your defence... Other then this, I do not see why the need to make this matter into a mountain...There are better things to do...