Kah Motor asked me to change brake pad and air filter

Somebody

should i do it with them?

he mentioned that warranty will be voided if after market air filter. but not brake pad.

what do you guys think? =)

↡ Advertisement

he mentioned that warranty will be voided if after market air filter. but not brake pad.

By right those related area fitted with aftermarket parts would be voided.

BTW which branch and svc advisor??

Rubbish....... dont believe them

air filter is all the same. its just a paper type filter.

brake pads are also the same. all OEM type.

i also drive Honda car, and i just change my own filter and brake pad.

whats the milage for your car? brake pad can last for quite long

Most cars are equipped with a mechanical brake pad service limit warning system.

The system works this way.. when your brake pads are worn beyond the limit, a metal bracket will make contact with your brake disc and a irritating screeching sound can be audible whenever you apply the brakes.

If you can hear the very noticable and irritating screeching sound.. it is time to replace your brake pads.

I'm driving a honda city. and they quoted me about 390 for air filter and 4 brake pads....

suggestions? =)

I'm driving a honda city. and they quoted me about 390 for air filter and 4 brake pads....

suggestions? =)

Bro, they see u as CARROT Head........

$390?

brake pad only cost you $90 for 4 pcs (buy from Honda Stockist). add in labour, $40. total $130 max. I can recommend you to buy from Min Ghee. Any workshop can fix it up.

Air filter, cheap cheap. its just a paper filter. how much can it be?

so u say whether $390 is chop carrot or not?

Buy all these from Min Ghee stockist, and go to any workshop to fix it.

In fact, you can just change the air filter by yourself. Just open up the air intake box and replace it.

Edited by Donut

ubi. alex i think.

As some of the people here explained you can get cheaper brakes, but it is really the same as what AD are selling?

You can refer to the fake oil filter topic and it serves as a warning to those looking for cheaper alternative.

Remember that you are doing preventive svc, and its their duty to highlight to you that it is NOT going to last you another 10,000km if you do not intend to replace it. Well of cos you can also choose to wait till you hear the warning noise but it is at your risk.

As far as I am concern, I am against using outside parts esp brake pads unless your system were upgrade. [:)]

As some of the people here explained you can get cheaper brakes, but it is really the same as what AD are selling?

You can refer to the fake oil filter topic and it serves as a warning to those looking for cheaper alternative.

Remember that you are doing preventive svc, and its their duty to highlight to you that it is NOT going to last you another 10,000km if you do not intend to replace it. Well of cos you can also choose to wait till you hear the warning noise but it is at your risk.

As far as I am concern, I am against using outside parts esp brake pads unless your system were upgrade. [:)]

TS can just buy the stock parts from authorised Honda stockists. It will be v safe.

Kah Motor will also get the same parts from authorised stockists. No difference at all.

buy 4x stock brakepads and stock air filter from stockist(s) and fit outside in some trustable w/s. that way you save $$ and yet preserve your warranty.

Aftermarket Air Filter means those drop in or open pod.. if you buy stock paper filter from authorised Honda stockist and pass to them to change, they cannot void your warranty.. Same thing applies to brake pad..

55000 mileage. haha...

so warranty will not be affected?

Have driven 6 cars in the past. All Jap and all of them service outside all the way.

Never step into AD before for servicing. As long your car is common B&B cars like

Honda, Toyota or Nissan, you don't really need the warranty.

Somemore your mileage is so low, why worry about the warranty? :D

ming ghee is a reputable company and by the way, they do not sell fakes.

KAH asked you to change brake pad and air filter? Then you just go outside to change lo, no need to change in agent. [rolleyes]

but he afraid the warranty will be void

↡ Advertisement