Steering wheel vibrate when i brake

Transpasser162

Experts out there, need your help. I had change my rim & tyre to aftermarket type sometimes back and this's what happen

- steering wheel has NO vibration even if i hit more than 100km/hr BUT

- Steering wheel start to vibrate ONLY when i APPLY brake when i hit more than 100km/hr....

Why is that so? Please advise.Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Experts out there, need your help. I had change my rim & tyre to aftermarket type sometimes back and this's what happen

- Steering wheel start to vibrate ONLY when i APPLY brake when i hit more than 100km/hr....

haha... my momo vibrates a little ard 100km/h... then ok till 150-160km/h... braking no vibrations wat so ever...

opp of you...

Yes lo..normally i also read mostly are cruising at high speed the steering wheel will vibrate and mine is opposite. My car is only 1.5yr old and never change brakepad or rotor before... so will either this 2 item be the cause of my steering wheel vibration when i brake at high speed??

Edited by Transpasser162

Neutral Newbie

Try stepping it slowly instead. Or change to 4 pots or higher. If oready on 4 pots and still vib, it could be due to rotor warping.

Most likely disc rotor warp. Better to confirm by workshop, then they will ask you to do replacement or skimming.

Bro dessimbk is right

Is the rotor, mine also same suitable from high speed and now low speed apply brake also vibrate.

Have it changed and now steady leow

Sometimes could be just some debris stuck between the rims and rotor plate after changing tyres.

Try to clean the rims face that is touching the rotor.....and do balancing.

Should solve the problem for most.

Else then it will likely be warped rotor.

Neutral Newbie

haha... my momo vibrates a little ard 100km/h... then ok till 150-160km/h... braking no vibrations wat so ever...

opp of you...

no wonder u can hit 9k+ posts... [gossip] [gossip] [gossip]

likely to be rotor that warped.

If you go to mech, if your brake pad is finish and you carry on to use it. It will damage your rotor.

Once rotor is damage, it will be as what you experience now.

Brake only, steering move right and left...

Try high speed balancing first before changing any parts.

why you all keep saying high speed balancing for what?

TS says steering vibrates ONLY when braking...

Try stepping it slowly instead. Or change to 4 pots or higher. If oready on 4 pots and still vib, it could be due to rotor warping.

i have a frd when braking his car stops 'jerky'... like brake pressure hard soft hard soft... either brake pump dying or rotors warp... but NO vibrations of the steering...

why you all keep saying high speed balancing for what?

TS says steering vibrates ONLY when braking...

PLUS only when he is trying to brake from a travelling speed of over 100km/h. If I am not wrong, the common convention about warped rotor is re. vibration when braking from a low travelling speed (not over 100km/h), am I correct?