VW Jetta Reviews and Users

HP_Lee

Good Or Bad  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Voting

• Good
    • Bad

I had test driven both the Rabbit and the Jetta during my search for a VW car.

From my limited experience, it seemed that the Rabbit is much much a better drive than the Jetta.

I went in with an intention to buy the Jetta and end up I got a hatchback (Golf) even with the consideration that I may have a bigger family in time to come.

Golf is ok if your family members are 4. 3 young kids is also ok.

It kinda funny we Asians like our car big (not unlike Americans), but the big Europeans like Dutch & Germans can do with a small cars like the golf, the most popular car in Germany. 2m-ers but still no complains from driving small cars like Golf. But I think its not a big problem to drive bigger car (except Hummer or Range Rover), as the roads in Singapore are consistently wide.

↡ Advertisement

Golf is ok if your family members are 4. 3 young kids is also ok.

It kinda funny we Asians like our car big (not unlike Americans), but the big Europeans like Dutch & Germans can do with a small cars like the golf, the most popular car in Germany. 2m-ers but still no complains from driving small cars like Golf. But I think its not a big problem to drive bigger car (except Hummer or Range Rover), as the roads in Singapore are consistently wide.

It is all about expectations and mindset I guess.

It is all about expectations and mindset I guess.

It also very much depend on a person age. Someone in his 40s as compare to 30s or even younger higher chance of him going for the sedan than golf.

Edited by Kopites

It also very much depend on a person age. Someone in his 40s as compare to 30s or even younger higher chance of him going for the sedan than golf.

I must be older than Yuan since I went for the sedan rather than hatch....Yuan Di Di hor?....lol....

I must be older than Yuan since I went for the sedan rather than hatch....Yuan Di Di hor?....lol....

Mai gay seow.....You need the extra interior and boot space for something that you think we don't know....... [lipsrsealed][sly]

New Jetta is very spacious and performance is excellent. Went up to KL in my friend's unit and we made it there and back on 3/4 tank of petrol, super economical. Downside to me is that the interior looks quite plain and boring.

that's fuel saver better than my sushi van

Mai gay seow.....You need the extra interior and boot space for something that you think we don't know....... [lipsrsealed][sly]

Whatever you say Didi, seriously the rear leg room sucks

so far no issue with my white jetta sport mk 5, quality much better than the mk 6. even the vw sales man which i bought my passat cc told me... anyone keen to buyover my jetta mk 5 can contact me at 923236-zero-6

so far no issue with my white jetta sport mk 5, quality much better than the mk 6. even the vw sales man which i bought my passat cc told me... anyone keen to buyover my jetta mk 5 can contact me at 923236-zero-6

Good buy, so far my mk5 also seems ok, hopes it stays that way, still feel the rush when in sports mode and can win 325 acceleration

Good buy, so far my mk5 also seems ok, hopes it stays that way, still feel the rush when in sports mode and can win 325 acceleration

I thought you are driving MK 6? How old is your Jetta?

↡ Advertisement