Class license

• Search this thread
52 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Wubb
  • Wubb
    Banned

How to go about in getting the license?

I got class 3 license for 8 years already...

do i have to join one of the bus companies as a trainee bus driver to get the license? then can drive private coach?

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Whattafarck
  • Whattafarck
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

do i have to join one of the bus companies as a trainee bus driver to get the license? then can drive private coach?

Vocational driving licence you mean?
i got mine at SSDC in Woodlands...
3 days course...sit in class hear the bugger yap...yap...yap...
on the 3rd day...take a theory test of 50 questions ..multiple choice...very easy to pass...
can't really remember how much i paid for it...
i took it simultaneously with my class 4.

The love of the world is the root of all evil.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

Richard_Peh
  • Premium member
    Richard_Peh
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

So got pratical lesson? And how many u need to take before u go for test? Or just theory only?

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Stooky
  • Stooky
    4th Gear

if i am not wrong class 4A is only for SBS and SMRT buses?

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear

Class 4A only issue to you by LTA / TP if you're Bus Captain of SBS Transit / SMRT and you must also have an Vocational Licence holder and once you quit to be a Bus Captain, Class 4A MUST surrender.
Go & take Class 4 better and you can driver trucks / coaches / public buses. (Class 4 well recongised than 4A)

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged

lol want to be lorry driver?

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged

Class 4A only issue to you by LTA / TP if you're Bus Captain of SBS Transit / SMRT and you must also have an Vocational Licence holder and once you quit to be a Bus Captain, Class 4A MUST surrender.
Go & take Class 4 better and you can driver trucks / coaches / public buses. (Class 4 well recongised than 4A)

class 4 can drive those big container lorry

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    5th Gear

If you just want to drive private coach take Class 4 instead, then take the bus driver vocational licence. Can keep and renew even if you don't drive after that.

Class 4A has to be surrendered when you quit driving for SBS or SMRT.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    5th Gear

class 4 can drive those big container lorry

Those big container trucks are generally Class 5.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear

Containers / prime Movers were: XA / XA / XC plates that need Class 5 Licence & need to attend PSA trailer licence course.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    Turbocharged

Class 5 is also for crane vehicles. When I took my class 5 lessons, I practice and took the test in a crane lorry.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    Turbocharged

You should call LTA to clarify this point, since they are the controlling body for such licencing. They should have all your answers and also the most accurate answers too. biggrin.gif

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Whattafarck
  • Whattafarck
    3rd Gear

Class 4A only for SBS/SMRT public buses...
Vocational licence...3 &/or 4..depends on your driving licence...lets u drive all other public transport..vans, buses etc...CB,PZ,PA etc.
3 full day course..theory only..no practical.
fee abt $100...i think.
go to ssdc or call them for clarification.
http://www.ssdcl.com...-vocational.asp

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

If those people only taken 3A aka automatic license ....can take class 4..?. Most lorry is manual gear wor

Edited by LoverofCar, 17 December 2011 - 12:01 AM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

Whattafarck
  • Whattafarck
    3rd Gear

If those people only taken 3A aka automatic license ....can take class 4..?. Most lorry is manual gear wor

i remember this part clearly...
the instructor/lecturer said..those who have 3A...hav to take class 3 ...cos most buses/vans..are manual.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear

Class 3A licence can't take Class 4, 4A & Class 5 as these heavy vehicles were mostly manual gear operations / type. That's for sure.
So, think twice before heading for Class 3A licence as need to re-take the Clsss 3 licence again.

Edited by Jefkking, 17 December 2011 - 11:33 AM.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    Turbocharged

Class 3A licence can't take Class 4, 4A & Class 5 as these heavy vehicles were mostly manual gear operations / type. That's for sure.
So, think twice before heading for Class 3A licence as need to re-take the Clsss 3 licence again.

Some people call 3A licence as "ku niang" licence..... laugh.gif

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

I want to get class1 licence. Can a abled person get one?

Also where to get the forklift & digger licence( are there such licenses?) or just training courses?
Anyone knows such forklift/digger licence are lifetime or need refresher course?
Where to learn?
Next year economy slows.....need to upgrade myself now to prepare for the upswing.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Nightkids
  • Premium member
    Nightkids
    6th Gear

Some people call 3A licence as "ku niang" licence..... laugh.gif

Class 3Agua licence

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
NEGARAKUKU
停一停,谂一谂,稳阵好多......
港 男 十 八 式 ; 裝假狗、搏大霧,起尾注、執死雞,揼波鐘、揸流攤,放飛機、爆陰毒,食住上,屈尾十,蝕頭注、搲爛腳,走精面、頂硬上,搲爛面、側側膊,拋浪頭、扮死狗。

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

I want to get class1 licence. Can a abled person get one?

Also where to get the forklift & digger licence( are there such licenses?) or just training courses?
Anyone knows such forklift/digger licence are lifetime or need refresher course?
Where to learn?
Next year economy slows.....need to upgrade myself now to prepare for the upswing.

There are a few recognised institutions in SG provide such license. I did my Forklift course with PSA Institue(Pasir Panjang and Pulau Brani) and battery reach truck course with UMW(Boon Lay Way).

http://www.psa-insti...g.aspx?cat_id=1

http://www.umwequipm.../page.aspx?ID=9

Forklift course is one day theory + theory test and two day practical + practical test. If no class 3, its four day practical.

Between PSA and UMW, UMW better, cos they provide free tea break n lunch. PSA, u got to buy ur own. dry.gif

Since getting my license in 2008, have not touch any forklift or reach truck again. Mostly just ask the FW to do the job. laugh.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

Also tagged with these keywords: Class , license

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users