Class 4A license

Wubb

I want to get class1 licence. Can a abled person get one?

Also where to get the forklift & digger licence( are there such licenses?) or just training courses?

Anyone knows such forklift/digger licence are lifetime or need refresher course?

Where to learn?

Next year economy slows.....need to upgrade myself now to prepare for the upswing.

There are a few recognised institutions in SG provide such license. I did my Forklift course with PSA Institue(Pasir Panjang and Pulau Brani) and battery reach truck course with UMW(Boon Lay Way).

http://www.psa-institute.com/course-listing.aspx?cat_id=1

http://www.umwequipment.com/page.aspx?ID=9

Forklift course is one day theory + theory test and two day practical + practical test. If no class 3, its four day practical.

Between PSA and UMW, UMW better, cos they provide free tea break n lunch. PSA, u got to buy ur own. <_<

Since getting my license in 2008, have not touch any forklift or reach truck again. Mostly just ask the FW to do the job. [laugh]

Does the LTA bus vocation licence automatically allow us to drive an Excursion Bus into Malaysia?

Any additional permits required for the vehicle and driver?

(edited)

1 question.

So can I confirm a class 4 holder can drive a PA mini bus which requires a 4A licence? Any need to take vocational licence at SSDC?

Edited by Hamburger

1 question.

So can I confirm a class 4 holder can drive a PA mini bus which requires a 4A licence? Any need to take vocational licence at SSDC?

If I'm not wrong Class 4A licence is only for those public bus drivers such as SBS or SMRT. PA buses require Class 3 or Class 4 (depends on unladed weight) + vocational licence.

To drive a PA bus you will need to take 4A, example would be those toyota hiace van.

So still the same question, does a class 4 holder need to go through the vocational training inorder to drive a mini bus?

Bus vocational license = to drive PA/PZ/PB/schoolbus etc. Apply at LTA and then you will have to do medical check-up and enrol at driving centre for the theory course/MCQ theory test. The driving centre will send the results to LTA then LTA will issue you with vocational license. Even those schoolbus auntie also need auntie license and they will join in the main course for a certain section, usually on the 2nd day.

With vocational license, the size of the bus you can drive will depend on what driving license you hold.

Class 3+Vocational License = mini-bus

Class 4+Vocational License = larger buses

etc

Class 4A is only for drivers of public bus companies (SBS/SMRT). You can sign up as a driver with only Class 3 license, they will provide training to take your Class 4A test. With Class 4A you cannot drive private buses. If you leave the company they will take back your 4A (unless you are transferring to another public bus company eg. SBS to SMRT).

Bus vocational license = to drive PA/PZ/PB/schoolbus etc. Apply at LTA and then you will have to do medical check-up and enrol at driving centre for the theory course/MCQ theory test. The driving centre will send the results to LTA then LTA will issue you with vocational license. Even those schoolbus auntie also need auntie license and they will join in the main course for a certain section, usually on the 2nd day.

With vocational license, the size of the bus you can drive will depend on what driving license you hold.

etc

Class 4A is only for drivers of public bus companies (SBS/SMRT). You can sign up as a driver with only Class 3 license, they will provide training to take your Class 4A test. With Class 4A you cannot drive private buses. If you leave the company they will take back your 4A (unless you are transferring to another public bus company eg. SBS to SMRT).

thks for the explanation. But the question is still unanswered..... [laugh]

i hold a class 4 and my Co has a hiace mini bus. So do I have to go through the boring vocational class 4A training in order to drive that van? [confused]

etc

also, i am not too concern whether they take back the 4A or not... [cool]

Neutral Newbie

if you get your vocational license, you can drive any size of private buses since you have class 4 license. you got to attend theory classes and sit for the test, eg SSDC.

if you get your vocational license, you can drive any size of private buses since you have class 4 license. you got to attend theory classes and sit for the test, eg SSDC.

so the bottom line is............

have class 4 does not mean you can drive bus that requires 4A.

class 4 does not mean bigger than 4A. You still need to sit through the vocational training of 4A???

Neutral Newbie

4A is only for those public transport company(SMRT/SBS).Class 4 with vocational license can drive any size of private bus. No need to go for training like 4A,just theory lessons and theory test. I cannot further explain if you still don't understand.

4A is only for those public transport company(SMRT/SBS).Class 4 with vocational license can drive any size of private bus. No need to go for training like 4A,just theory lessons and theory test. I cannot further explain if you still don't understand.

My organisation is neither SMRT nor SBS, just a privately owned VWO. But any employees with class 3 license need to go for 4A lessons in order to drive the hiace van.

As i hold a class 4, do i need to go for 4A lessons??

Neutral Newbie

My organisation is neither SMRT nor SBS, just a privately owned VWO. But any employees with class 3 license need to go for 4A lessons in order to drive the hiace van.

As i hold a class 4, do i need to go for 4A lessons??

NO.